Venezuela - The Next Step

BasicHumanUnit

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2013
Everywhere needed
Now that Dictator Maduro has seized complete and absolute power in Venezuela, much to the absolute delight of Leftist both there and in the US....the question becomes...."What's next"?

Thus far, the US has taken a relatively light stance on the events in Venezuela with little more than sanctions on individuals which really has no effect.

However, the Venezuela situation probably will take a very abrupt turn VERY soon.

Remember that Venezuela is one of the largest resources of oil in the world. Russia, China and Iran all know that. At this juncture, if Obama was still in Office, a Russian/Chinese alliance would already be in place and the dictatorship in Venezuela would already be backed by one or both.

With President Trump in office, China, Russia and Iran all must move a bit more cautiously. Surely Maduro has had contact with both and negotiated oil in exchange for backing.

I predict that in the coming weeks, these back room dealings will come to light and Russia and or China (most likely China given the investments they are already involved in in South America), but you can't rule out Russia as Putin knows the strategic value of having a stake in Venezuelan oil in the western hemisphere.

It's going to be interesting....but I place my bets on the announcement of Chinese or Russian intervention any day now. This will give Maduro a solid backing and stabilize the situation in Venezuela....even if it's at the loss of human rights and a dark day for freedom on the continent.

The flyball is the Organization of American States. Columbia, Brazil and most other South American countries probably do not want that. It would usher in a destabilizing shift in power.
Nicaragua and Argentina may not be so opposed.

Some interesting reading if interested.
Articles: Russian Influence Grows In Latin America

Last edited:
Russians are opportunists, but I'd think even they don't want to get in the middle of that clusterfuck that going on in Venezuela. Maybe the Chinese, they're pretty smart and aren't having the problems Russia's having.

I am still wondering what their next meals are going to be now that they have run out of dogs

Maduro will divert food and medicinal assets to his supporters. The opposition will face increased hardships. Fortunately, Venezuela is not isolated and has borders with neighboring countries so I'm sure many have found some relief across these borders.

He may however move to harden the borders. Dictators don't like anyone getting in.... or out.

The GOP can use Venezueala as an example of what the Democrat Party stands for come 2018
I am still wondering what their next meals are going to be now that they have run out of dogs

Maybe that's why Obama was so friendly to Hugo Chavez. Obama did admit to eating dog meat when he was a kid, so you can guess the rest.

True story.

Russians are opportunists, but I'd think even they don't want to get in the middle of that clusterfuck that going on in Venezuela. Maybe the Chinese, they're pretty smart and aren't having the problems Russia's having.

O-I-L

I think that says it all.

Why can't you morons get your heads around the fact that Venezuela is a third world country?

You do realize that Russia is an oil producer too, right?
Cutting off Venezuela's oil is in their best interest.

You don't think it would even more in their best interests to control it?

No. Venezuela's economy collapsing even further means they won't be producing much, so Russia will benefit.

Why spend money to control something you don't need to control?

Nobody outside of Venezuela really wants to do oil business there..............Because the country seized foreign oil companies assets there already.

Wasn't their's........it was the oil companies.................

I suppose there are some dumb companies out there that might give away more oil rigs to them.............:muahaha:

No. Venezuela's economy collapsing even further means they won't be producing much, so Russia will benefit.
Why spend money to control something you don't need to control?

Simple. it's value is in the billions if not trillions.
Either Russia will control it or someone else will.

The infrastructure is already there. Putin is not an idiot.

Forum List

Back