Woke enters cooking TV

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
A new cooking competition show entitled "Ciao House" on Discovery.

--- CONTAINS SPOILERS ---
Beginning the series we immediately were not fans of the way the judging was going to go.
The judges pick the losing teams - the contestants pick the person that goes home.
This only works when there is a lot of contestants. As the number of contestants narrow down, gamesmanship begins. And that is exactly what happened.
The two clear top chefs lost in episode 6. No one else was even close to these two.
It was obvious virtually from the 1st episode these two were going to dominate.
Episode 7 was supposed to be the finale, but I believe, the producers created this episode so they could bring back the two top chefs. And that is also exactly what happened. And the two cooked off against each other to be able to win their way back to the finale episode.
The finale episode.
It is between 3 chefs. One of those contestants openly stated she voted against the top guy to eliminate him because she was afraid to go up against him. The other chef unapologetically admitted to gamesmanship, and - important to note - received a TON of criticism from the judges who will name the winner. They complained about her food/style and lack of leadership the ENTIRE season.
They absolutely fell over themselves all season long about the top chef I spoke of.
The three cook off, they did not like the two girls food that much. Several complaints.
The top man - they loved it. Chef Alex Guarnasschelli - literally called him the best cook of all the chefs. "You do what you do, and what you do is fantastic".

He not only didn't win... but was voted 3rd between the two. All contestants were clearly stunned. Then they named the winner - the minority girl who they complained about the whole show. Upon winning she said - quote - "no fucking way" and looked over to the WHITE man who lost.

Never will I watch the show again. It was sooo obvious judged so the minority girl could win and not the white male.
Shame on them.

Winner -
Ciao_House_competitor_Natalia_Rosario_Courtesy_of_Food_Network.jpeg

Actual Winner who lost........

https___foodsided.com_files_2023_04_Ciao-House-competitor-Corey-Becker.jpeg

Beginning the series we immediately were not fans of the way the judging was going to go.
The judges pick the losing teams - the contestants pick the person that goes home.
This only works when there is a lot of contestants. As the number of contestants narrow down, gamesmanship begins. And that is exactly what happened.
The two clear top chefs lost in episode 6. No one else was even close to these two.
Episode 7 was supposed to be the finale, but I believe, the producers created this episode so they could bring back the two top chefs. And that is also exactly what happened. And the two cooked off against each other to be able to win their way back to the finale episode.
The finale episode.
It is between 3 chefs. One of those contestants openly stated she voted against the top guy to eliminate him because she was afraid to go up against him. The other chef unapologetically admitted to gamesmanship, and - important to note - received a TON of criticism from the judges who will name the winner. They complained about her food/style and lack of leadership the ENTIRE season.
They absolutely fell over themselves all season long about the top chef I spoke of.
The three cook off, they did not like the two girls food that much. Several complaints.
The top man - they loved it. Chef Alex Guarnasschelli - literally called him the best cook of all the chefs. "You do what you do, and what you do is fantastic".

He not only didn't win... but was voted 3rd between the two. All contestants were clearly stunned. Then they named the winner - the minority girl who they complained about the whole show. Upon winning she said - quote - "no fucking way" and looked over to the WHITE man who lost.

Never will I watch the show again. It was sooo obvious judged so the minority girl could win and not the white male.
Shame on them.

Winner -
View attachment 804761

View attachment 804762

No thanks. I prefer the program called "Savoring Our Faith", with Father Leo Patalinghug, on EWTN at 3:30PM Central Time, Sundays.

Lessons about how important food is in our spiritual lives, along with cooking instruction. He also does food-focused travelogues to places that are important to Catholic life.

So much more interesting than anything on corporate TV.

iu

He can dance too and is a Black Belt.

Entertainment anyone?

Last edited:

The finale episode.

Shame on them.

Winner -
View attachment 804761

View attachment 804762
Works the same way on The Weakest Link. Its bullshit and promotes mediocrity.

The finale episode.

Shame on them.

Winner -
View attachment 804761

View attachment 804762
Stunning and brave minority girl boss.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back