Vegas Employer: Obama Won–So I Fired 22 Employees

Except that the Obama policies actually reduced the cost of employees, and he made clear he would continue the policies that added over 5 million private sector jobs in his first 4 years. Did you know that there was a net private sector job loss under 8 years of Bush? did you know that Obama created more private sector jobs than Reagan in his first term?

Of course you don't, or refuse to acknowledge documented facts. It's much easier to live the myth in a polarized world if you ignore reality.

No it did not stop lying Some jobs were added but how much where people paid an hour too work?

They count part time jobs the same as full time jobs. I would bet the vast majority of the jobs under Reagan were full time and a large percentage under Obama are part time.

Irrelevant speculation is irrelevant.

[

They get top wages because they are very good at their jobs. Why would an employer want to trade highly skilled, WILLING workers for union thugs who stare at their watch waiting for their next union-mandated break time?

Oh, gosh, How dare they actually want BREAKS!!!

The horror of it all.

Why couldn't they be go-getters like these kids...

breaker_boys.jpg

You miss my point, unsurprisingly. It's not the break that's the problem, it's the staring at the clock DOING NOTHING BUT WAITING for the break that's the problem.

Many years ago I worked on the flight line at the Lockheed Georgia Company. We had two scheduled ten minute breaks a day that started when the break horn blew. No one was allowed in the break room before or after break and this rule was enforced by supervision. ( I know, since I was a line supervisor.)

Since we were working on aircraft on the flight line that were some distance from the break room, it could take a few minutes to get to the break room. Several employees would start for the break room as much as 15 or 20 minutes before break and walk very, very slowly. We called this the 'Lockheed Shuffle.'

Their timing was amazing, since they would arrive within 10 or 15 feet of the break room when the break horn sounded. They then broke into a brisk walk to be the first ones into the break room. The same "Lockheed Shuffle' was used to return to the aircraft they were working on after the break.

It's not that they get breaks, it's their attitude about it.

I worked briefly in the painters union. One day I was told to go hide in a closet so I could stay on the clock while there was nothing to have me go do.

Not to mention, on a project if there's so much as a SCREW that needs to be tightened on something, if any union worker on the job besides a laborers union guy tightens that screw, all hell breaks loose.

The way union work is managed is just ridiculous.

I've almost always worked piecework in construction, and made very good money doing it. My first experience working 'on the clock' was an eye-opener. I was standing outside the Porta-John waiting to take a leak and the guy in it didn't come out for 15 minutes. When I asked him WTF took him so long he gave me a piece of advice.

He said, "You're on the clock now, not the job. Never shit at home, never sweat at work."

Just a few years ago I was working with a partner doing metal stud framing. We had been working by the piece for about 6 months and at the conclusion of that project we got nice bonuses from our employer for finishing our work on time and under budget. We then got hired on to a remodel project for a major hotel chain. We were a supplement to the union framers on the job, hired because the job was a month behind schedule.

On our first day, 2 hours before the end of our shift the foreman came up to us and asked us how many rooms we had completed. When we told him that we were on our 7th unit he told us to slow the fuck down, we were making everybody else look bad.

By the time Phase One was completed our foreman and his union men were fired, we were both working as supervisors, and Phase 2 was ours to run. On time, under budget and punch list compliant.

Fuck a union!
Sounds like the way it is with every union project around here.

And this doesn't even touch the aspect of non union companies doing work in "union territory". I've seen unions sabotage expensive equipment because a non union company got the contract. While they sit there with their big fucking blow up rat, wasting their precious time protesting while they could be fucking trying to get WORK somewhere.

No one is ENTITLED to a project. Non union workers have families to feed too.

Was my experience with unions as well. Was told to slow down it made others look bad and I needed a piece of 2x4 about a foot long so went to the trash pile and cut one. I'm guessing I would have caught less shit if I had actually fucked the union bosses daughter in front of her mother. You would think I had destroyed the planet over cutting my own fucking 2x4.

Irrelevant speculation is irrelevant.

Wanna bet me?

Boring bluster is boring.

Still wanna bet?

U.S. News and World Report Chairman Mort Zuckerman elaborated in the Wall Street Journal on July 24, that if you add “the number of discouraged workers who have dropped out of the labor market since the recession began in early 2008 – approximately eight million – the [unemployment] rate would be an alarming 12%. Fifty percent of the jobs created since the recession hit have been part time, with no benefits and a wage that’s inadequate to enter the middle class.” Discouraged workers who have left the work force, and those working part time only because they can’t find a full time job, are counted in the Labor Dept’s U6 unemployment rate, which rose last month to a depression level 15%. If you count the long term discouraged workers that the government stopped counting in 1994, the Shadow Government Statistics website reports that unemployment would be at the deep depression level of 22.9%.

Wanna bet me?

Still wanna bet?

U.S. News and World Report Chairman Mort Zuckerman elaborated in the Wall Street Journal on July 24, that if you add “the number of discouraged workers who have dropped out of the labor market since the recession began in early 2008 – approximately eight million – the [unemployment] rate would be an alarming 12%. Fifty percent of the jobs created since the recession hit have been part time, with no benefits and a wage that’s inadequate to enter the middle class.” Discouraged workers who have left the work force, and those working part time only because they can’t find a full time job, are counted in the Labor Dept’s U6 unemployment rate, which rose last month to a depression level 15%. If you count the long term discouraged workers that the government stopped counting in 1994, the Shadow Government Statistics website reports that unemployment would be at the deep depression level of 22.9%.

DENVER -- A scintillating seven-game winning streak that began in Cleveland with the season on the brink of elimination ended Sunday night with the Red Sox mobbing each other in the thin air of Coors Field of all places, culminating in a World Series championship that didn't take even close to 86 years this time around.

By sweeping the Rockies with a 4-3 victory in Game 4, the Red Sox are champions of Major League Baseball for the second time in four seasons, once again doing it by giving their National League opponent the broom treatment. It was the seventh -- there goes that number again -- time the Red Sox have won the World Series.

It all ended with Jonathan Papelbon, the closer who has been brilliant all year and into the postseason, striking out Seth Smith on 95-mph heat. The fiery right-hander tossed his glove high in the air with joy, took his hat off and then embraced catcher Jason Varitek after saving the World Series clincher for left-hander Jon Lester.

From there, it was a sea of Red Sox piling on top of each other in the middle of the diamond.

On the other hand, joining you in quoting irrelevant articles can be fun.

[

They get top wages because they are very good at their jobs. Why would an employer want to trade highly skilled, WILLING workers for union thugs who stare at their watch waiting for their next union-mandated break time?

Oh, gosh, How dare they actually want BREAKS!!!

The horror of it all.

Why couldn't they be go-getters like these kids...

breaker_boys.jpg

You miss my point, unsurprisingly. It's not the break that's the problem, it's the staring at the clock DOING NOTHING BUT WAITING for the break that's the problem.

No, I totally got your point, but you clearly missed mine.

Boeing Telegraphs Layoffs in Defense, Space & Security Unit​

November 7, 2012

Boeing Co. (NYSE: BA) did pretty much what we expect other aerospace and defense companies to do. The company waited for the outcome of the presidential election, and now it is outlining how it will deal with the coming Fiscal Cliff. Boeing is restructuring its business around the defense components and the exact cuts are not yet known. Make no mistake, this means layoffs.

The company said that it is “rotating assignments for several executives in its Defense, Space & Security unit.” The company claims that this is demonstrating its “commitment to talent development as it continues to pursue the growth and affordability strategy it has followed since 2010.” In short, this “commitment to talent” is a notice for layoffs and/or other spending cuts.

We do not yet have a formal number on the costs, but it is well known that cutting in defense contracting almost always includes layoffs. Boeing said its Defense, Space & Security unit should end up with 30% fewer executives at the end of 2012 versus 2010

Read more: Boeing Telegraphs Layoffs in Defense, Space & Security Unit - 24/7 Wall St. Boeing Telegraphs Layoffs in Defense, Space & Security Unit - 24/7 Wall St.

November 8, 2012:

New Las Vegas call center to hire 100 workers; job fair set for Friday

A company that manages call centers and has an existing operation in Las Vegas is opening a new facility that will hire 100 people.

Sitel Corp., which has more than 57,000 employees worldwide and is contracted to handle customer service calls for consumer electronics companies, plans a job fair Friday at 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. at the company’s facility at 420 Pilot Road. Prospective employees should bring their resumes to the event

New Las Vegas call center to hire 100 workers; job fair set for Friday - VEGAS INC

So, anecdotally, we have some anonymous guy in Vegas claiming he's laying off 22 people, and at the same time, we have a real company bringing 100 jobs to Las Vegas.

The net would be a 78 job gain.

Thank you President Obama!

November 7, 2012

Boeing Co. (NYSE: BA) did pretty much what we expect other aerospace and defense companies to do. The company waited for the outcome of the presidential election, and now it is outlining how it will deal with the coming Fiscal Cliff. Boeing is restructuring its business around the defense components and the exact cuts are not yet known. Make no mistake, this means layoffs.

The company said that it is “rotating assignments for several executives in its Defense, Space & Security unit.” The company claims that this is demonstrating its “commitment to talent development as it continues to pursue the growth and affordability strategy it has followed since 2010.” In short, this “commitment to talent” is a notice for layoffs and/or other spending cuts.

We do not yet have a formal number on the costs, but it is well known that cutting in defense contracting almost always includes layoffs. Boeing said its Defense, Space & Security unit should end up with 30% fewer executives at the end of 2012 versus 2010

Read more: Boeing Telegraphs Layoffs in Defense, Space & Security Unit - 24/7 Wall St. Boeing Telegraphs Layoffs in Defense, Space & Security Unit - 24/7 Wall St.

It is scary to imagine the shockwave of the coming sequester, but it was the 'compromise' from the '11 budget.

November 8, 2012:

New Las Vegas call center to hire 100 workers; job fair set for Friday

A company that manages call centers and has an existing operation in Las Vegas is opening a new facility that will hire 100 people.

Sitel Corp., which has more than 57,000 employees worldwide and is contracted to handle customer service calls for consumer electronics companies, plans a job fair Friday at 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. at the company’s facility at 420 Pilot Road. Prospective employees should bring their resumes to the event

New Las Vegas call center to hire 100 workers; job fair set for Friday - VEGAS INC

So, anecdotally, we have some anonymous guy in Vegas claiming he's laying off 22 people, and at the same time, we have a real company bringing 100 jobs to Las Vegas.

The net would be a 78 job gain.

Thank you President Obama!

Because 78 job gain is such a HUGE number. Wonder how Obama will balance out the Boeing lay-offs? :eusa_think:

Is this a game? Fire more people than people find jobs elsewhere? WE'RE BEATING YOU AMERICA!

I fired more Americans! Yeah! Take that Obama! Watch the people love us!

Last edited:
Is this a game? Fire more people than people find jobs elsewhere? WE'RE BEATING YOU AMERICA!

I wonder what the wing nuts are going to do other than applaud job losses? Are they still wondering why McCain got more votes than Romney in light of their sick behavior?

I wonder what the wing nuts are going to do other than applaud job losses? Are they still wondering why McCain got more votes than Romney in light of their sick behavior?

So, what explains your punk getting more votes in 2008 than 2012? His sick behavior?

So, what explains your punk getting more votes in 2008 than 2012? His sick behavior?

Yet Romney got 3 million votes less.

Imagine that.

The great white hopeless.

Guys, the Saturday after Thanksgiving is Small Business Saturday. Avoid the big corporate hack businesses and buy from local shops, the kind that treat all their employees fairly.

That guy over in shipping drives a Prius.

I am pretty sure he voted Democrat, and I am just waiting for one wrong move from him.

One dude I work with drives a Prius. He's a lifelong Republican who refused to vote for G. W. Bush because he was too liberal. Another dude I work with drives a Ram 2500 4x4...it's lifted with large tires, has a cranked-up engine, exhaust stacks through the bed, and pretty much looks like your basic redneck's truck. He has voted straight-ticket Democrat in almost every election (though he did vote for Scott Brown for Senate). You fail.

Not only are you clueless how buisness works, but calling romney that mormon, makes you a racist idiot. Your also to ignorant to realize the guy isn't laying off people because obama got elected. It's because obama's policies will go into effect. Other companies are doing the samething, the restraunt chain that owns red lobster and olive garden are getting rid of most of their full time workers, making them part time. All because of obamacare, it's pastime to get rid of liberals and your polocies now that it's effecting peoples pocket books we have a chance.

1) Mormons arent' a race, they are a cult. An evil cult started by a child molestor who believe crazy shit.

2) Again, after three recessions on Republican watches, you don't get to tell me how you understand business better than I do.

3) He says he's firing employees because of Obama. Which is fine, Obama can find out who he is, send in the IRS, OSHA and EEOC and see what other shenannigans he's up to.

1. Your putting romney down for his religion, which in no way effects you personally. Sorry I guess that makes you a bigot. I thought liberals were for tolerance. Lol
2. Who has made this recession worse? A liberal democrat, and is making it worse.
3. This is a free country, why do you want to change that?

He is clearly a closet (well, not anymore) fascist, that's all.

November 7, 2012

The phrase "commitment to talent" kind of indicates that Boeing will either retain the best and brightest (regardless of union bullshit) or will even more likely hire/rehire the best 'talent' at lower wages/salaries than currently forced by union bullshit.

Forum List

Back