Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Joe Lieberman

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
Who will be McCain's running mate? Who would you like to see. Personally I would like to see JC Watts. Young, energetic, articulate, experienced, proven leader. JC Watts would swing the conservative vote/ unify the race issue and besides this he will stand the scrutiny of the press.

Wow, this poll really went over well.

I'd venture to guess it went over about as well as McCain being the GOP nominee. There a re lot of base conservatives out there that feel unrepresented in this election.

It's been bad enough dealing with some of Bush's sellout BS ... now you want us to buy off on someone further from the base than even he is?

My prediction is get ready for a repeat of 2006. Conservatives are going to stay home. Apparently, actual ideals still mean something to some, not just the party being represented.

my money is on Lieberman. Who better to point out his platform regarding the mid east? Who better to rob dems of a particular demographic?

I'd venture to guess it went over about as well as McCain being the GOP nominee. There a re lot of base conservatives out there that feel unrepresented in this election.

It's been bad enough dealing with some of Bush's sellout BS ... now you want us to buy off on someone further from the base than even he is?

My prediction is get ready for a repeat of 2006. Conservatives are going to stay home. Apparently, actual ideals still mean something to some, not just the party being represented.

McCain took 1,325 votes. That tells me that it went over pretty well.The consevatives had their chance to nomiante a conservative candidate. McCain won, by alot.

Now, what do you think about JC Watts. He is the conservative that the ticket needs and can give that conservative base something to get behind.

my money is on Lieberman. Who better to point out his platform regarding the mid east? Who better to rob dems of a particular demographic?

Lieberman won't do it and McCain won't ask him to. McCain has learned that he does need the conservative vote. Expect his choice to go to the right.

Despite the bombastic and hyperbolic stuff on message boards that few read, and MSNBC that almost no one watches, November will probably come down to who wins in a small number of swing states. The Blue and Red pattern seen the past decade will not change much. McCain has no chance in California and Obama/Clinton has no chance in Texas. The question is who will win in Ohio and Florida. None of the VP candidates listed above will help McCain very much in either of those states. And he must win in both to have a chance. He should choose Charlie Crist (if he'll do it), the popular Governor of Florida, to help carry that indispensable state. As far as I can tell, there is no one who can significantly help McCain in Ohio. And losing that state will seal the deal for the Dems. The wild cards are the unknown events between now and November that will affect the outcome.

In keeping with the republican politics of tradition he should pick Fred. Just imagine the two old fogies in ads discussing the first automobile and when electricity first came to their town. It would be great stuff. It would be one of those old wine commercial moments, in their rockers on the porch, a nurse all in white with an American flag in her lapel, just behind them. The sun setting and Fred starting to snooze.

Forum List

Back