Vatican warns Halloween is Anti-Christian

Oh those Irish pumpkins!:

"People have been making jack o'lanterns at Halloween for centuries. The practice originated from an Irish myth about a man nicknamed "Stingy Jack." According to the story, Stingy Jack invited the Devil to have a drink with him. True to his name, Stingy Jack didn't want to pay for his drink, so he convinced the Devil to turn himself into a coin that Jack could use to buy their drinks. Once the Devil did so, Jack decided to keep the money and put it into his pocket next to a silver cross, which prevented the Devil from changing back into his original form. Jack eventually freed the Devil, under the condition that he would not bother Jack for one year and that, should Jack die, he would not claim his soul. The next year, Jack again tricked the Devil into climbing into a tree to pick a piece of fruit. While he was up in the tree, Jack carved a sign of the cross into the tree's bark so that the Devil could not come down until the Devil promised Jack not to bother him for ten more years.

Soon after, Jack died. As the legend goes, God would not allow such an unsavory figure into heaven. The Devil, upset by the trick Jack had played on him and keeping his word not to claim his soul, would not allow Jack into hell. He sent Jack off into the dark night with only a burning coal to light his way. Jack put the coal into a carved-out turnip and has been roaming the Earth with ever since. The Irish began to refer to this ghostly figure as "Jack of the Lantern," and then, simply "Jack O'Lantern."
The History of Jack O' Lanterns - History.com

Halloween seems so innocent.

But in reality, it is teaching children that witchcraft, sorcery, and other satanic things are Ok

Where are the Christians on this board to back me up?

Now wonder Christianity has become such a watered down religion and is slowly fading away because of ignorance of it's theology.

As good Roman Catholics we must obey the Holy Father. I will not, repeat WILL NOT, be celebrating this un-Christian pagan event again. I will obey as I should.

Fr. Yukon

But in reality, it is teaching children that witchcraft, sorcery, and other satanic things are Ok

Now wonder Christianity has become such a watered down religion and is slowly fading away because of ignorance of it's theology.

Really? Do the Costume Packages, Candy Bags come with a set of instructions, and the meaning of this innocuous exercise? Do they say "Do Not wear this costume unless you fully intend to exercise the meaning or perceived meaning of this holiday"? Should the Candy bags carry a WARNING to NOT give out unless everyone they are given to understand the implications of the Holiday? Should there BE a "Surgeon General's WARNING" on each piece of Candy that States: "Warning. Consuming this substance may make you turn into a DEMON. Consume with Caution"

All the Kids know (to their innocence), is that they dress up and solicit for treats.

And this is BAD...HOW exactly?

Are you advocating to parents that it cease being for whatever perceived connotations you seem to think it means?

*I* say...let well enough alone and it be an individual choice. And what's wrong with that?

How FAR do you want to take this anyway?

And for your Edification? Jesus advocated personal CHOICE. And if that choice be wrong, was a matter to be taken up in the *Afterlife* before GOD.

So I do agree in part with your argument. But it's a decision that individuals have to make on their own. And that being the parents.

And NO Christianity has NOT become watered down. I have been to Churches that celebrate Halloween in different ways, with Christ being the main theme, but the TREATS remain the same.

Like the article says: "When Christians participate in Halloween, it sends a message to children that witchcraft, demonism, Satanism, and the occult are something fun, entertaining and harmless".

Why would a Bible believing Christian parent encourage their children to participate in a Satanic holiday?

It's not a satanic holiday. Go back and read the link I provided. Your article saying it's a satanic holiday doesn't make it one.

precisely and when i was a child we attended church every sunday and it was NEVER mentioned by the priests or pastors that halloween was satanic....this is something new, this past decades where we have seen fundamentalists or vatican cry outrage....

there is no such thing as witches that fly on broomsticks. irl

...this is make believe...

most don't even play the witches roll on halloween...they are french maids, playboy bunnies, ***** vader, richard nixon, bill clinton, the tin man, and superman or a ballerina or snow white or cinderella...

this is faux outrage....

Absolutely correct.

Hey, Care is a mod!!! Woo--hoo. Conga-rats to you.

I think it's more the revelry aspect of it and the lowering of inhibitions that many Christians find offensive. To people who believe in God, it isn't particularly cute or funny to dress up as a devil, or dress your babies as witches.

My granddaughter is a little devil this Halloween. She'll be two in December. Sigh. But it's not the end of the world.

I think it's more the revelry aspect of it and the lowering of inhibitions that many Christians find offensive. To people who believe in God, it isn't particularly cute or funny to dress up as a devil, or dress your babies as witches.

My granddaughter is a little devil this Halloween. She'll be two in December. Sigh. But it's not the end of the world.

My 12 year old is a devil half the time and Halloween hasn't got anything to do with it.

Vatican warns parents that Halloween is 'anti-Christian' -

The Vatican is warning parents not to let their kids dress up as ghosts and goblins this weekend for Halloween, calling it a pagan celebration of "terror, fear and death," Britain's Daily Telegraph reports in a dispatch from Rome.

The newspaper's Rome correspondent, Nick Squires, notes that the Roman Catholic Church has become alarmed in recent years as the traditional U.S. celebration spreads to other countries, particularly Britain and Italy.

The Vatican issued its warning through its official newspaper, L'Osservatore Romano, in an article headlined "Halloween's Dangerous Messages."

It quotes a liturgical expert, Joan Maria Canals as saying, "Halloween has an undercurrent of occultism and is absolutely anti-Christian."

I'm not Catholic

And for your Edification? Jesus advocated personal CHOICE. And if that choice be wrong, was a matter to be taken up in the *Afterlife* before GOD.

So I do agree in part with your argument. But it's a decision that individuals have to make on their own. And that being the parents.

And NO Christianity has NOT become watered down. I have been to Churches that celebrate Halloween in different ways, with Christ being the main theme, but the TREATS remain the same.
Romans 12:2 "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will".

In other words, christians should not get involved in everything the world has to offer.

Plus. I doubt that participating in a pagan holiday is pleasing to God.

I think that I'm going to dress up in a giant rat costume, with a bent dildo hanging between by legs, with a miter hat, singing.

That way I can be just like the pope, Bent Dick/Rat Singer.

As far as witchcraft and magic? Let's look at some definitions from Dictionary.com real quick......

mag⋅ic
  /ˈmædʒɪk/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [maj-ik] Show IPA
Use magic in a Sentence
See web results for magic
See images of magic
–noun
1. the art of producing illusions as entertainment by the use of sleight of hand, deceptive devices, etc.; legerdemain; conjuring: to pull a rabbit out of a hat by magic.
2. the art of producing a desired effect or result through the use of incantation or various other techniques that presumably assure human control of supernatural agencies or the forces of nature. Compare contagious magic, imitative magic, sympathetic magic.
3. the use of this art: Magic, it was believed, could drive illness from the body.
4. the effects produced: the magic of recovery.
5. power or influence exerted through this art: a wizard of great magic.
6. any extraordinary or mystical influence, charm, power, etc.: the magic in a great name; the magic of music; the magic of spring.
7. (initial capital letter) the U.S. code name for information from decrypting machine-enciphered Japanese wireless messages before and during World War II.
–adjective
8. employed in magic: magic spells; magic dances; magic rites.
9. mysteriously enchanting; magical: magic beauty.
10. of, pertaining to, or due to magic.
11. producing the effects of magic; magical: a magic touch.

witch⋅craft
  /ˈwɪtʃˌkræft, -ˌkrɑft/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [wich-kraft, -krahft] Show IPA
Use witchcraft in a Sentence
See web results for witchcraft
See images of witchcraft
–noun
1. the art or practices of a witch; sorcery; magic.
2. magical influence; witchery.
Origin:
bef. 950; ME wicchecraft, OE wiccecræft. See witch, craft

Synonyms:
1. See magic. [/QUOTE

mir⋅a⋅cle
  /ˈmɪrəkəl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [mir-uh-kuhl] Show IPA
Use miracle in a Sentence
See web results for miracle
See images of miracle
–noun
1. an effect or extraordinary event in the physical world that surpasses all known human or natural powers and is ascribed to a supernatural cause.
2. such an effect or event manifesting or considered as a work of God.
3. a wonder; marvel.
4. a wonderful or surpassing example of some quality: a miracle of modern acoustics.
5. miracle play.

Okay.......now notice something..........all 3 words, magic, witchcraft and miracle are all basically the same thing.

Now, in the part about magic and witchcraft, they both are exactly the same, and if you think about it, Christians practice magic all the time. What else is it when you pray for someone? You're using incantations to talk to a supernatural being, to bring about desired results, i.e. praying for someone to get better.

It also talks about having a "magic touch" and healing people. Faith healers do that all the time.

Incidentally, Yeshua (Jesus) performed magic every time that He healed the sick, or cast out demons, or turned water into wine, or walked on water, or any of the number of things that He did.

Moses also did magic when he parted the Red Sea.

So, if magic is so bad and Halloween should be banned, then why do Christians practice it?

Incidentally, something that I learned from a very knowledgeable person, who is pretty well versed in the Bible, was that Psalms and Proverbs, some of those verses in there are actual prayers (spells or incantations) that are designed to bring about certain events.

Might wanna re-think your bias about Halloween y'all.

I'm serious about the Bent Dick/Rat Singer pope costume though.........

Last edited:
Fuck those inbred, child molesting, Nazi idiots.
The dumb fucks that claim to be Krisstiun even believe that those assholes are Krishtyun.
What a bunch of brainwashed idiot.

now you know why this drunken idiot lives in a jungle in Costa Rica...he is an embarrassment to inbreds everywhere........

No Christian should ever celebrate Halloween

The Bible is very clear that people who are involved in witchcraft and sorcery are going to Hell.

Sunni.....i can turn a person into a toad.....i talk to a guy in a skull....my half brother is a vampire....my dog is ...you would not believe the size of this monster....i dont think im going to hell....i help people fight this kinda stuff....:eusa_eh:

No Christian should ever celebrate Halloween

The Bible is very clear that people who are involved in witchcraft and sorcery are going to Hell.

Sunni.....i can turn a person into a toad.....i talk to a guy in a skull....my half brother is a vampire....my dog is ...you would not believe the size of this monster....i dont think im going to hell....i help people fight this kinda stuff....:eusa_eh:
Are you talking about your pet, "Wilson," the banshee?

Forum List

Back