Vatican recognizes state of Palestine in new treaty

Here's another article you can chew on since it seems you had a problem with the first one.

In Defense of the Pope on Palestine National Review Online?
Still nothing in there about appeasement.

And you haven't answered yet; are you an appeaser or do you want more dead christians?
No civilized person wants to see Christians dead. However, you new friend, the Saudi Grand Mufti, seems to have no problem telling how he feels about Christians, and you have had nothing to see about him on any forum.

Click here: Saudi Grand Mufti Calls for “Destruction of All Churches in Region” | Raymond Ibrahim

Saudi Arabia is bad , and yet the US is so friendly to them. They still behead there for capital punishment.
So are Israel friendly

Care to write that again, only this time in English
So are Israel friendly with Saudi Arabia............!!!WHEW!!!!!!

Even after WWII the Vatican helped Nazis escape using Vatican ratlines to South America. That's how so many wanted Nazi war criminals ended up hiding in South America. Doesn't look like they've learned their lesson. Old habits are hard to let go.

The Pope, Eichmann and the Nazi 'Ratlines'

Germany is fighting to keep sealed the Adolf Eichmann files detailing the years the Holocaust chief logistical organiser spent on the run before he was captured by Mossad agents.

Those hoping to have a 50-year secrecy order overturned believe the government is embarrassed by details within that may prove German and Vatican officials colluded in his escape and freedom.

Indeed, the Church's practise of protecting its own perpetrators of vicious crimes has already been well established with the tragic revelations of thousands of victims of child sex abuse by cleric paedophiles.

For the current papacy under the German pope, Benedict XVI, the 4,500 page Eichmann dossier could be the 'smoking gun' that would shoot down his plans to canonize Pope Pius XII (1939-58), aka 'Hitler's Pope.'

The role of Pope Pius XII during World War II, his relationship with Nazism and his efforts (or lack of them) to save Jews from the gas chambers are hotly disputed. Even within the Jewish community there are strong opinions on both sides of the debate.

But the latest Eichmann revelations suggest that Pope Pius XII's moral stature – and qualification for sainthood– should be judged on its conduct in the aftermath of Nazism's defeat. Once the evil of the Holocaust was revealed for all to see, the Holy See should have been at the forefront of the campaign to bring the war criminals to trial.

In fact history's most savage mass murderers – Adolf Eichmann, Dr Josef Mengele, better known as Auschwitz's 'Angel of Death', Franz Stangl, commandant of the Treblinka extermination camp – escaped justice down the 'ratline' that ran straight through the Vatican state in Rome.

Senior members of the Roman Catholic hierarchy – marinaded in virulent Judeophobia and obsessed by Bolshevism – organised the escape of thousands of the most debauched, cruel monsters to a peaceful, prosperous retirement in Catholic South America.

The question that's salient today, as Pope Pius XII heads for canonization, is how much did he know of this most shameful episode in the 20th century history of the Vatican?

If he truly is a saint, his supporters must surely have nothing to fear from the publication of the contents of the Eichmann dossier.

The Pope Eichmann and the Nazi Ratlines Telegraph Blogs

I don't think Pope Francis needed to be educated by the secular Pm of Israel, esp. when the Jews insists Jesus had a Roman father.
You should read the book Rabbi J written by a priest who says the same. Regardless, there are many Christians, including Catholics, who are for Israel. Naturally a NeoNazi like you isn't and can't say enough derogatory things about the country. Jesus would dislike a person such as you.

Jesus , as I know of him from the NT, would of say those in power who call themselves jews are not, they are of their father Satan.

Pen, just the opposite is true. He loved them then, He loves them now, and will reside in their midst for eternity. In the upcoming WW, God is going to mark 144,000 of them to prevent them from being harmed, thus preserving all the tribes of Abraham's family. If they belonged to Satan, God would leave them to Satan.

Even if it goes against the grain for you, if you are a Bible reader, then stop cursing God's people, and start praying on their behalf. What we are seeing now is prophesy being fulfilled. The whole world is going to go against Israel. That hatred is forming now, and that IS Satan.
God, shows favor to those who bless Israel. So bless Israel. It will ultimately effect you positively. Nowhere in the Bible does it call for you to judge them. Leave that to the one who wears the judgment robe. Christ is Jewish and Israel is HIS inheritance, not Satan's. You are on the wrong side right now.

I think you need to reread the Bible, the real Bible.

"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.”

—John 8:44

“For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre’s sake.”

—Titus 1:10-11

And just who was he referring to in that line from the Bible fred, was it by any chance the ultra extremist Jews

Still nothing in there about appeasement.

And you haven't answered yet; are you an appeaser or do you want more dead christians?
No civilized person wants to see Christians dead. However, you new friend, the Saudi Grand Mufti, seems to have no problem telling how he feels about Christians, and you have had nothing to see about him on any forum.

Click here: Saudi Grand Mufti Calls for “Destruction of All Churches in Region” | Raymond Ibrahim

Saudi Arabia is bad , and yet the US is so friendly to them. They still behead there for capital punishment.
So are Israel friendly

Care to write that again, only this time in English
So are Israel friendly with Saudi Arabia............!!!WHEW!!!!!!

They seem to do a lot of "corridor" deals

Just read on the news banner on Fox that yesterday in a twenty minute private meeting, the Pope called Abbas an Angel of Peace." That's laying it on thick.

I don't think Pope Francis needed to be educated by the secular Pm of Israel, esp. when the Jews insists Jesus had a Roman father.
You should read the book Rabbi J written by a priest who says the same. Regardless, there are many Christians, including Catholics, who are for Israel. Naturally a NeoNazi like you isn't and can't say enough derogatory things about the country. Jesus would dislike a person such as you.

Jesus , as I know of him from the NT, would of say those in power who call themselves jews are not, they are of their father Satan.

Pen, just the opposite is true. He loved them then, He loves them now, and will reside in their midst for eternity. In the upcoming WW, God is going to mark 144,000 of them to prevent them from being harmed, thus preserving all the tribes of Abraham's family. If they belonged to Satan, God would leave them to Satan.

Even if it goes against the grain for you, if you are a Bible reader, then stop cursing God's people, and start praying on their behalf. What we are seeing now is prophesy being fulfilled. The whole world is going to go against Israel. That hatred is forming now, and that IS Satan.
God, shows favor to those who bless Israel. So bless Israel. It will ultimately effect you positively. Nowhere in the Bible does it call for you to judge them. Leave that to the one who wears the judgment robe. Christ is Jewish and Israel is HIS inheritance, not Satan's. You are on the wrong side right now.

I don't take the bible literally , it was never mean to be taken like that. I do not worship Jesus as God either. If those in Israel are holy ones of God , leave me out of their God, I want nothing to do with him. The OT is horrible reading. My God not the Jewish war tribal God, well their God is money and power.
Also next time you talk about Nazis , remember they were Christians.

PROTESTANT CHURCHES IN NAZI GERMANY

The largest Protestant church in Germany in the 1930s was the German Evangelical Church, comprised of 28 regional churches or Landeskirchen that included the three major theological traditions that had emerged from the Reformation: Lutheran, Reformed, and United. Most of Germany's 40 million Protestants were members of this church, although there were smaller so-called "free" Protestant churches, such as Methodist and Baptist churches.

They were also persuaded by the statement on “positive Christianity” in Article 24 of the 1920 Nazi Party Platform, which read:

"We demand the freedom of all religious confessions in the state, insofar as they do not jeopardize the state's existence or conflict with the manners and moral sentiments of the Germanic race. The Party as such upholds the point of view of a positive Christianity without tying itself confessionally to any one confession. It combats the Jewish-materialistic spirit at home and abroad and is convinced that a permanent recovery of our people can only be achieved from within on the basis of the common good before individual good."

The German Churches and the Nazi State

Take it literally. It is meant to be read the way it was written. While there are similes, and metaphors and analogies, all in all it means what it says. If there is a riddle, the answer will always be located elsewhere in the Bible. That is especially true of Revelation.
When God said He would increase the rain in Israel when He gathered His children back home, He meant He would increase the rain in Israel when He gathered His children back home. (which He did btw)

If the Bible was meant to be interpreted it would be worthless. Every person that read it would come to a different conclusion.
And keep in mind that Eden was the Old Testament God's plan for man. With the onset of man came the dilemmas man left God to contend with. His plan from the beginning was no pain, no death, no work, all joy, dominion over the earth and everything in it. And will restore us to that in his time.

As for the never ending, "well, Hitler was a Christian", recall the man that was even able to work wonders conjuring the name of Jesus". And yet when the man cried Lord, Lord, Jesus told him, "Depart from me, I never knew thee."

Its meant to be read as literature with the age and culture in mind. (they had no more knowledge of God or creation than we do) Moses was not the first baby to be found in a basket in water. This is meant for another thread though.

The Vatican acknowledging Palestine as a state is more like telling Israel to start behaving and enough is enough.

Even after WWII the Vatican helped Nazis escape using Vatican ratlines to South America. That's how so many wanted Nazi war criminals ended up hiding in South America. Doesn't look like they've learned their lesson. Old habits are hard to let go.

Germany is fighting to keep sealed the Adolf Eichmann files detailing the years the Holocaust chief logistical organiser spent on the run before he was captured by Mossad agents.

Those hoping to have a 50-year secrecy order overturned believe the government is embarrassed by details within that may prove German and Vatican officials colluded in his escape and freedom.

Indeed, the Church's practise of protecting its own perpetrators of vicious crimes has already been well established with the tragic revelations of thousands of victims of child sex abuse by cleric paedophiles.

For the current papacy under the German pope, Benedict XVI, the 4,500 page Eichmann dossier could be the 'smoking gun' that would shoot down his plans to canonize Pope Pius XII (1939-58), aka 'Hitler's Pope.'

The role of Pope Pius XII during World War II, his relationship with Nazism and his efforts (or lack of them) to save Jews from the gas chambers are hotly disputed. Even within the Jewish community there are strong opinions on both sides of the debate.

But the latest Eichmann revelations suggest that Pope Pius XII's moral stature – and qualification for sainthood– should be judged on its conduct in the aftermath of Nazism's defeat. Once the evil of the Holocaust was revealed for all to see, the Holy See should have been at the forefront of the campaign to bring the war criminals to trial.

In fact history's most savage mass murderers – Adolf Eichmann, Dr Josef Mengele, better known as Auschwitz's 'Angel of Death', Franz Stangl, commandant of the Treblinka extermination camp – escaped justice down the 'ratline' that ran straight through the Vatican state in Rome.

Senior members of the Roman Catholic hierarchy – marinaded in virulent Judeophobia and obsessed by Bolshevism – organised the escape of thousands of the most debauched, cruel monsters to a peaceful, prosperous retirement in Catholic South America.

The question that's salient today, as Pope Pius XII heads for canonization, is how much did he know of this most shameful episode in the 20th century history of the Vatican?

If he truly is a saint, his supporters must surely have nothing to fear from the publication of the contents of the Eichmann dossier.

Lets see who do we believe: I know , its a world wide conspiracy against the Jews, time for you to look in the mirror, personally I get tired of reading garbage on jewish sites, who try and discredit everyone but yourselfs:

The following are excerpts from Luther's work entitled "The Jews & their Lies":

I had made up my mind to write no more either about the Jews or against them. But since I learned that these miserable and accursed people do not cease to lure to themselves even us, that is, the Christians, I have published this little book, so that I might be found among those who opposed such poisonous activities of the Jews who warned the Christians to be on their guard against them. I would not have believed that a Christian could be duped by the Jews into taking their exile and wretchedness upon himself. However, the devil is the god of the world, and wherever God's word is absent he has an easy task, not only with the weak but also with the strong. May God help us. Amen.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/anti-semitism/Luther_on_Jews.html

Dr.Bendersky provides the reader with an analytically original account of the presence of prejudice against Jews inside the leadership of the American Army. Of course, he does not argue that all the officers were anti-Jewish. But there was a distinguished segment of officers inside the Army who were anti-Semites and were willing to stigmatize the Jews. They had a strong influence on the policies of the Army. They, at least, indirectly influenced the Army's process of decision making, as well as governmental decisions. Furthermore, they collaborated with civil organizations, which viewed Jews as a problem for America.

JewishPost.com - The Power of Prejudice

Just read on the news banner on Fox that yesterday in a twenty minute private meeting, the Pope called Abbas an Angel of Peace." That's laying it on thick.

I don't take the bible literally , it was never mean to be taken like that. I do not worship Jesus as God either. If those in Israel are holy ones of God , leave me out of their God, I want nothing to do with him. The OT is horrible reading. My God not the Jewish war tribal God, well their God is money and power.
Also next time you talk about Nazis , remember they were Christians.

PROTESTANT CHURCHES IN NAZI GERMANY

The largest Protestant church in Germany in the 1930s was the German Evangelical Church, comprised of 28 regional churches or Landeskirchen that included the three major theological traditions that had emerged from the Reformation: Lutheran, Reformed, and United. Most of Germany's 40 million Protestants were members of this church, although there were smaller so-called "free" Protestant churches, such as Methodist and Baptist churches.

They were also persuaded by the statement on “positive Christianity” in Article 24 of the 1920 Nazi Party Platform, which read:

"We demand the freedom of all religious confessions in the state, insofar as they do not jeopardize the state's existence or conflict with the manners and moral sentiments of the Germanic race. The Party as such upholds the point of view of a positive Christianity without tying itself confessionally to any one confession. It combats the Jewish-materialistic spirit at home and abroad and is convinced that a permanent recovery of our people can only be achieved from within on the basis of the common good before individual good."

The German Churches and the Nazi State

Take it literally. It is meant to be read the way it was written. While there are similes, and metaphors and analogies, all in all it means what it says. If there is a riddle, the answer will always be located elsewhere in the Bible. That is especially true of Revelation.
When God said He would increase the rain in Israel when He gathered His children back home, He meant He would increase the rain in Israel when He gathered His children back home. (which He did btw)

If the Bible was meant to be interpreted it would be worthless. Every person that read it would come to a different conclusion.
And keep in mind that Eden was the Old Testament God's plan for man. With the onset of man came the dilemmas man left God to contend with. His plan from the beginning was no pain, no death, no work, all joy, dominion over the earth and everything in it. And will restore us to that in his time.

As for the never ending, "well, Hitler was a Christian", recall the man that was even able to work wonders conjuring the name of Jesus". And yet when the man cried Lord, Lord, Jesus told him, "Depart from me, I never knew thee."

Its meant to be read as literature with the age and culture in mind. (they had no more knowledge of God or creation than we do) Moses was not the first baby to be found in a basket in water. This is meant for another thread though.

The Vatican acknowledging Palestine as a state is more like telling Israel to start behaving and enough is enough.

And the Vatican is not in any position to tell anyone that enough is enough seeing as they harbour child abusers, murderers, criminals and have dealing with the mafia. Not forgetting their part in the holocaust during WW2.

Pope Pius after one of his many meetings with Hitler. Do you think he was the pitcher or the catcher? I'm going with pitcher.

Pope-Pius-XII-460_980938c.jpg

You destroyed Christianity in Russia, Austria, and you tried in Germany, the Pope were not stupid of what the atheists Zionists were doing. The Jews are doing the same thing here. Every anti Christian movement over the years were started by a Jew or group of Jews. Then you have the nerve to use the horrible OT to talk about how God gave you atheists Palestine, and take money from the EVANs since they are too stupid to realize they are giving money to atheists.

You destroyed Christianity in Russia, Austria, and you tried in Germany, the Pope were not stupid of what the atheists Zionists were doing. The Jews are doing the same thing here. Every anti Christian movement over the years were started by a Jew or group of Jews. Then you have the nerve to use the horrible OT to talk about how God gave you atheists Palestine, and take money from the EVANs since they are too stupid to realize they are giving money to atheists.

c362038f883026d66b9df0310b5cdc42f7ab56795d39f144252409f7cfa1b31e.jpg

crazy-woman_o_873670.jpg

NAZI PROPAGANDA

The Israeli foreign ministry said it was "disappointed." (ahh)

"This move does not promote the peace process and distances the Palestinian leadership from returning to direct and bilateral negotiations," the ministry said in a text message, according to the Associated Press.

As a practical matter, Palestinians must still negotiate the terms of any statehood with Israel. But as the representative of the world's largest Christian constituency, the Vatican does have influence on the question of Jerusalem, which both Israeli and Palestinian leaders claim as their rightful capital, said Hussein Ibish, senior resident scholar at the Arab Gulf States Institute in Washington.

"On the undefined, undecided status of Jerusalem generally, the Vatican has a role in that," Ibish said.

So a fictional state now recognized a fictional state.

When do they intend to recognize Neverland?

Oh, they just did. HA!

I crack myself up

"This move does not promote the peace process and distances the Palestinian leadership from returning to direct and bilateral negotiations," the ministry said in a text message, according to the Associated Press.

As a practical matter, Palestinians must still negotiate the terms of any statehood with Israel. But as the representative of the world's largest Christian constituency, the Vatican does have influence on the question of Jerusalem, which both Israeli and Palestinian leaders claim as their rightful capital, said Hussein Ibish, senior resident scholar at the Arab Gulf States Institute in Washington.

"On the undefined, undecided status of Jerusalem generally, the Vatican has a role in that," Ibish said.

the Vatican does have influence on the question of Jerusalem

The head of the mackerel snapping kiddie fiddler outfit has no say about Jerusalem

Whatever he dam well wants. The PM of Israel is a tiny tiny tiny speck of dust compared to Pope Francis, a man of integrity.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
A man of integrity wouldn't do this to a "tiny tiny speck of dust" Arab/Israel land.

It was also pretty nauseating reading all the comments fawning over this move. A few think he should get the Noble peace prize. :cuckoo:

I think he had all he could take when Bibi sat there and told him how Jesus spoke Hebrew.

Of course Jesus spoke Hebrew, you moron. The Pope never denied it. He just added "Aramaic" which is the other language Jesus spoke, as did all other Jews of the time.

The head of the mackerel snapping kiddie fiddler outfit has no say about Jerusalem

Whatever he dam well wants. The PM of Israel is a tiny tiny tiny speck of dust compared to Pope Francis, a man of integrity.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
A man of integrity wouldn't do this to a "tiny tiny speck of dust" Arab/Israel land.

It was also pretty nauseating reading all the comments fawning over this move. A few think he should get the Noble peace prize. :cuckoo:

I think he had all he could take when Bibi sat there and told him how Jesus spoke Hebrew.

Of course Jesus spoke Hebrew, you moron. The Pope never denied it. He just added "Aramaic" which is the other language Jesus spoke, as did all other Jews of the time.

>>>>>>
Aramaic, Hebrew and Greek.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>
He spoke Aramaic & Hebrew. He read from Torah scrolls.
He could speak any language of that time.

Here's some gentiles -- church fathers, no less on what they think of Jews:

John Chrysostom (344-407 A.D.) – One of the "greatest" of church fathers; known as "The Golden Mouthed." A missionary preacher famous for his sermons and addresses.

The synagogue is worse than a brothel…it is the den of scoundrels and the repair of wild beasts…the temple of demons devoted to idolatrous cults…the refuge of brigands and dabauchees, and the cavern of devils. It is a criminal assembly of Jews…a place of meeting for the assassins of Christ… a house worse than a drinking shop…a den of thieves, a house of ill fame, a dwelling of iniquity, the refuge of devils, a gulf and a abyss of perdition."…"I would say the same things about their souls… As for me, I hate the synagogue…I hate the Jews for the same reason.

From "The Roots of Christian Anti-Semitism" by Malcolm Hay

St. Augustine (c. 354-430 A.D.), Confessions, 12.14

How hateful to me are the enemies of your Scripture! How I wish that you would slay them (the Jews) with your two-edged sword, so that there should be none to oppose your word! Gladly would I have them die to themselves and live to you!

Peter the Venerable – known as "the meekest of men, a model of Christian charity"

Yes, you Jews. I say, do I address you; you, who till this very day, deny the Son of God. How long, poor wretches, will ye not believe the truth? Truly I doubt whether a Jew can be really human… I lead out from its den a monstrous animal, and show it as a laughing stock in the amphitheater of the world, in the sight of all the people. I bring thee forward, thou Jew, thou brute beast, in the sight of all men.

From "The Roots of Christian Anti-Semitism" by Malcolm Hay

Martin Luther – 1543

On The Jews and Their Lies

What then shall we Christians do with this damned, rejected race of Jews? Since they live among us and we know about their lying and blasphemy and cursing, we can not tolerate them if we do not wish to share in their lies, curses, and blasphemy. ...

First, their synagogues should be set on fire, and whatever does not burn up should be covered or spread over with dirt so that no one may ever be able to see a cinder or stone of it. And this ought to be done for the honor of God and of Christianity in order that God may see that we are Christians, and that we have not wittingly tolerated or approved of such public lying, cursing, and blaspheming of His Son and His Christians.

Secondly, their homes should likewise be broken down and destroyed. For they perpetrate the same things there that they do in their synagogues. For this reason they ought to be put under one roof or in a stable, like gypsies, in order that they may realize that they are not masters in our land, as they boast, but miserable captives, as they complain of incessantly before God with bitter wailing.

Thirdly, they should be deprived of their prayer-books and Talmuds in which such idolatry, lies, cursing, and blasphemy are taught.

Fourthly, their rabbis must be forbidden under threat of death to teach any more...

Fifthly, passport and traveling privileges should be absolutely forbidden to the Jews. For they have no business in the rural districts since they are not nobles, nor officials, nor merchants, nor the like. Let them stay at home...If you princes and nobles do not close the road legally to such exploiters, then some troop ought to ride against them, for they will learn from this pamphlet what the Jews are and how to handle them and that they ought not to be protected. You ought not, you cannot protect them, unless in the eyes of God you want to share all their abomination...

To sum up, dear princes and nobles who have Jews in your domains, if this advice of mine does not suit you, then find a better one so that you and we may all be free of this insufferable devilish burden - the Jews...

[...]

Translated by Martin H. Bertram, "On The Jews and Their Lies, Luther's Works, Volume 47"; Philadelphia: Fortress Press, 1971.

I think you need to reread the Bible, the real Bible.

"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.”

—John 8:44

“For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre’s sake.”

—Titus 1:10-11

"These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." -- Matthew 10:5,6

" I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel." -- Matthew 15:24

I assure you that my Christianity has nothing whatsoever to do with the church of Rome. Bibi understands replacement theology when he sees it too, and Israel widens her borders every time you Muslims invade God's land. Go God!

I'm not a Muslim, I'm raised a RC, you know we have the same saying as the Jews, once a RC always a RC, leaves an indelible mark on your soul. I suggest you give back that bible you have, even if its was authorized by King James, as he would not of had it had it not been for the Roman Catholic Church. You may of been a Muslim , or a Jew.

Pen, Catholics are some of the best people I know and love. As for the NKJ, James was a real asshole, but God often uses evil for good. The NKJ is one of the better Bibles as far as literal translation. The Catholic Bible attempted to usurp the Jewish role and replace it with God blessing the RCC instead. It confounds readers more than it clarifies.

I pretty much stick with the NABRE 2011 edition, and then the Jewish OT one with commentary. I think your missing a lot without the Mac 1 and 11, also the OT of the new NABRE has been rewrote by many scholars, not just RC ones and has been worked on for years.

The way I read it in all translations in the Jews handed Jesus over to the Romans as the Jews were not allowed to put anyone to death in 30AD. I mean he was no threat to Rome, and the Jews want a rebel, a fighter.

"And they were in the way going up to Jerusalem; and Jesus went before them: and they were amazed; and as they followed, they were afraid. And he took again the twelve, and began to tell them what things should happen unto him,

"Saying, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be delivered unto the chief priests, and unto the scribes; and they shall condemn him to death, and shall deliver him to the Gentiles [that'd be me & you, Penelope]:

"And they shall mock him, and shall scourge him, and shall spit upon him, and shall kill him: and the third day he shall rise again." -- Mark 10:32-34

Millennia shall pass & the blood on our gentiles hand shall remain sullied. Please, say three Hail Marys & four Our Fathers, woman.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Jesus's primary language was Aramaic. He was probably also conversant in Greek and Latin and maybe could read in Hebrew but was not conversant in it as it was not a spoken in Galilee.

"Sure, you may say, Jesus spoke Aramaic, but it’s possible he spoke Hebrew too. Well, to answer this we ought to look at the linguistic milieu Jesus would have lived in. At the time of Jesus − that is, the first century C.E. − the spoken language in the Holy Land was Aramaic. Already we can see in that the upper strata of Judeans spoke Aramaic, the lingua franca of the Near East, already at the close of the First Temple period. This can be learned from the episode in 2 Kings in which Sennacherib’s messenger comes to Jerusalem’s gates in the seventh century B.C.E. “Then said Eliakim the son of Hilkiah, and Shebna, and Joah, unto Rabshakeh, Speak, I pray thee, to thy servants in the Syrian language [Aramaic]; for we understand it: and talk not with us in the Jews’ language in the ears of the people that are on the wall” (18:26).

During the Babylonian exile in the sixth century B.C.E., the exiled Judeans picked up Aramaic. Indeed, parts of the later books of the Bible, Ezra and Daniel, are in that language, indicating that the Judeans were slowly shifting languages. This was a gradual process that took hundreds of years, but slowly Hebrew was dying out. In the Galilee, where Jesus lived, Aramaic had taken over by the time Jesus was born."

Advertisement

I assure you that my Christianity has nothing whatsoever to do with the church of Rome. Bibi understands replacement theology when he sees it too, and Israel widens her borders every time you Muslims invade God's land. Go God!

I'm not a Muslim, I'm raised a RC, you know we have the same saying as the Jews, once a RC always a RC, leaves an indelible mark on your soul. I suggest you give back that bible you have, even if its was authorized by King James, as he would not of had it had it not been for the Roman Catholic Church. You may of been a Muslim , or a Jew.

Pen, Catholics are some of the best people I know and love. As for the NKJ, James was a real asshole, but God often uses evil for good. The NKJ is one of the better Bibles as far as literal translation. The Catholic Bible attempted to usurp the Jewish role and replace it with God blessing the RCC instead. It confounds readers more than it clarifies.

I pretty much stick with the NABRE 2011 edition, and then the Jewish OT one with commentary. I think your missing a lot without the Mac 1 and 11, also the OT of the new NABRE has been rewrote by many scholars, not just RC ones and has been worked on for years.

The way I read it in all translations in the Jews handed Jesus over to the Romans as the Jews were not allowed to put anyone to death in 30AD. I mean he was no threat to Rome, and the Jews want a rebel, a fighter.

"And they were in the way going up to Jerusalem; and Jesus went before them: and they were amazed; and as they followed, they were afraid. And he took again the twelve, and began to tell them what things should happen unto him,

"Saying, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be delivered unto the chief priests, and unto the scribes; and they shall condemn him to death, and shall deliver him to the Gentiles [that'd be me & you, Penelope]:

"And they shall mock him, and shall scourge him, and shall spit upon him, and shall kill him: and the third day he shall rise again." -- Mark 10:32-34

Millennia shall pass & the blood on our gentiles hand shall remain sullied. Please, say three Hail Marys & four Our Fathers, woman.

Yes that would be us, or The Romans to carry out the death penalty that the Chief Priests and Scribes handed over to them, (as they were not allowed to carry out the death penalty in 30AD, the Romans took that right away from them) and the crowd of Jews given a choice between Barnabas or Jesus yelled Jesus. The Jews had him put to death, all of them , delivered him up to to the Romans.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Jesus's primary language was Aramaic. He was probably also conversant in Greek and Latin and maybe could read in Hebrew but was not conversant in it as it was not a spoken in Galilee.

"Sure, you may say, Jesus spoke Aramaic, but it’s possible he spoke Hebrew too. Well, to answer this we ought to look at the linguistic milieu Jesus would have lived in. At the time of Jesus − that is, the first century C.E. − the spoken language in the Holy Land was Aramaic. Already we can see in that the upper strata of Judeans spoke Aramaic, the lingua franca of the Near East, already at the close of the First Temple period. This can be learned from the episode in 2 Kings in which Sennacherib’s messenger comes to Jerusalem’s gates in the seventh century B.C.E. “Then said Eliakim the son of Hilkiah, and Shebna, and Joah, unto Rabshakeh, Speak, I pray thee, to thy servants in the Syrian language [Aramaic]; for we understand it: and talk not with us in the Jews’ language in the ears of the people that are on the wall” (18:26).

During the Babylonian exile in the sixth century B.C.E., the exiled Judeans picked up Aramaic. Indeed, parts of the later books of the Bible, Ezra and Daniel, are in that language, indicating that the Judeans were slowly shifting languages. This was a gradual process that took hundreds of years, but slowly Hebrew was dying out. In the Galilee, where Jesus lived, Aramaic had taken over by the time Jesus was born."

Advertisement

What's your point douchebag? Jesus was born and raised a Jew and died a Jew. He naturally spoke Hebrew because he was a devout Jew who lived in Zion and loved Israel and its people, as did all the Jews back then. The language that Jesus and his Jewish brethren spoke spoke was Jewish Aramaic which which is a derivative of Hebrew anyways, you ignorant idiot.

"However, Jewish Aramaic was different from the other forms both in lettering and grammar. Parts of the Dead Sea Scrolls are in Jewish Aramaic showing the Jewish lettering, related to the Hebrew script. "

Forum List

Back