Israeli soldiers ‘deliberately fired’ at civilians during Gaza war – NGO

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014

Published time: May 04, 2015 16:05
Edited time: May 05, 2015 16:44

The testimonies gathered by Breaking the Silence include the acts of individual soldiers who shot civilians dead and of lethal decisions being made at the top of the Israeli military, where other courses of action could have been taken.

The guiding military principle of ‘minimum risk to our forces, even at the cost of harming innocent civilians,’ alongside efforts to deter and intimidate the Palestinians, led to massive and unprecedented harm to the population and the civilian infrastructure in the Gaza Strip. Policymakers could have predicted these results prior to the operation and were surely aware of them throughout,” the report reads.

The Gaza Strip is one of the most densely populated areas on earth. It measures just 40 kilometers by 10 kilometers yet has a population of 1.8 million. During the Gaza war, which began July 8, 2014 and lasted for 7 weeks, the crossings from Gaza into Israel and Egypt were closed.

Israeli soldiers deliberately fired at civilians during Gaza war NGO RT News

Its a real nightmare, caged people being bombed and shot at , where could they even run? Then I hear how Hamas keeps their "bombs" (joke) in empty schools.

Now you know why I will never ever look at Israel except as the trash it is , and now the same piece of trash is leading their killing regime once again. I am all for Iran, screw Israel and SA.

I hope he sees this, in America we have freedom of speech, not in Israel where they arrested a west bank man for inciting on social media (but hey here in American we can put hate ads on buses and have assemblies to draw cartoons of Muhammad, so sick)

The testimonies gathered by Breaking the Silence include the acts of individual soldiers who shot civilians dead and of lethal decisions being made at the top of the Israeli military, where other courses of action could have been taken.

The guiding military principle of ‘minimum risk to our forces, even at the cost of harming innocent civilians,’ alongside efforts to deter and intimidate the Palestinians, led to massive and unprecedented harm to the population and the civilian infrastructure in the Gaza Strip. Policymakers could have predicted these results prior to the operation and were surely aware of them throughout,” the report reads.

The Gaza Strip is one of the most densely populated areas on earth. It measures just 40 kilometers by 10 kilometers yet has a population of 1.8 million. During the Gaza war, which began July 8, 2014 and lasted for 7 weeks, the crossings from Gaza into Israel and Egypt were closed.

Its a real nightmare, caged people being bombed and shot at , where could they even run? Then I hear how Hamas keeps their "bombs" (joke) in empty schools.

Now you know why I will never ever look at Israel except as the trash it is , and now the same piece of trash is leading their killing regime once again. I am all for Iran, screw Israel and SA.

I hope he sees this, in America we have freedom of speech, not in Israel where they arrested a west bank man for inciting on social media (but hey here in American we can put hate ads on buses and have assemblies to draw cartoons of Muhammad, so sick)
The Gaza Strip is one of the most densely populated areas on earth. It measures just 40 kilometers by 10 kilometers yet has a population of 1.8 million.

So much for the Israeli "genocide" of the Pals.

The Gaza Strip is one of the most densely populated areas on earth. It measures just 40 kilometers by 10 kilometers yet has a population of 1.8 million.

Your right, with no way out. That is why so many casualties.

Hamas intentionally positioned its war assets alongside or embedded amongst its civilian population centers and people and public facilities such as hospitals and schools and mosques, etc.

Despite claims to the contrary by Hamas excuse-makers and Radical Islamist propaganda shills here and elsewhere, even a cursory examination of satellite photos of the Gaza Strip will lead even the worst dolts and dullards to understand that there is considerable open land within the Gaza Strip where the Neanderthals of Hamas could have dug-in and placed their operations centers and rocket launchers and munitions caches and staging areas and underground tunnel access portals.

But, given the Palestinians' long and well-documented (by the UN, Human Rights Watch, et al) history of embedding war assets so as to endanger their own civilian population in repeated and egregious and callous disregard and violation of the Geneva Conventions, and common decency, the Israel Defense Force (IDF) has - historically and specifically in the case of the 2014 Gaza War - been obliged to target such resources as part of legitimate military targeting operations.

Don't want to take civilian casualties?

Don't embed your war-assets amongst your civilians.

Pissing and moaning about it afterwards doesn't bring the dead back to life - although the Palestinian leadership keeps hoping that 'the world' will step-in and intervene if they rack-up enough civilian casualties.

Responsibility for the deaths of those Palestinian civilians rest squarely upon Hamas leadership.

Next slide, please.

Last edited:
Only ones complaining about Israel are the ones who reject Israel's right to even exist. Be like if some US domestic terror group was trying to bring down the government with a campaign of terrorist bombings and shootings and the rest of the world taking their side against the US government. Pleanty of Muslims and arabs get along just fine with the Israeli government and have a vastly superior quality of life than in any other arab country. It's just the antisemitic, anti-Israel types bitching when they get deservedly shot.

It's the same thing over and over. Hamas poked the bear, bear does nothing. Hamas pokes the bear, bear does nothing . Hamas pokes the bear, bear growls. Hamas pokes the bear, bear growls louder. Hamas pokes the bear, bear gets up, growls and shows its fangs. Hamas pokes the bear AGAIN, bear finally retaliates.

Lesson? DON'T POKE THE BEAR !

Hamas intentionally positioned its war assets alongside or embedded amongst its civilian population centers and people and public facilities such as hospitals and schools and mosques, etc.

Despite claims to the contrary by Hamas excuse-makers and Radical Islamist propaganda shills here and elsewhere, even a cursory examination of satellite photos of the Gaza Strip will lead even the worst dolts and dullards to understand that there is considerable open land within the Gaza Strip where the Neanderthals of Hamas could have dug-in and placed their operations centers and rocket launchers and munitions caches and staging areas and underground tunnel access portals.

But, given the Palestinians' long and well-documented (by the UN, Human Rights Watch, et al) history of embedding war assets so as to endanger their own civilian population in repeated and egregious and callous disregard and violation of the Geneva Conventions, and common decency, the Israel Defense Force (IDF) has - historically and specifically in the case of the 2014 Gaza War - been obliged to target such resources as part of legitimate military targeting operations.

Don't want to take civilian casualties?

Don't embed your war-assets amongst your civilians.

Pissing and moaning about it afterwards doesn't bring the dead back to life - although the Palestinian leadership keeps hoping that 'the world' will step-in and intervene if they rack-up enough civilian casualties.

Responsibility for the deaths of those Palestinian civilians rest squarely upon Hamas leadership.

Next slide, please.

Standard Israeli bullshit.
The first question out of the box.

Only ones complaining about Israel are the ones who reject Israel's right to even exist. Be like if some US domestic terror group was trying to bring down the government with a campaign of terrorist bombings and shootings and the rest of the world taking their side against the US government. Pleanty of Muslims and arabs get along just fine with the Israeli government and have a vastly superior quality of life than in any other arab country. It's just the antisemitic, anti-Israel types bitching when they get deservedly shot.

Really which ones, but the way Israel sounds , all the Arabs are against the Semites. Oxymoron statement I know.

STOP SPAMMING reported

Your right, with no way out. That is why so many casualties.

They do have a way out, unseat hamas and ask the Israelis to negotiate a lasting peace.

Hamas deliberately fired unguided missiles into civilian population centers in Israel.

Forum List

Back