Van Jones on libertarians

well guess what else you are , the vast minority so stop trying to run things

The "vast minority" got Van Jones kicked out of the administration.

Just one notch on our belt.

However, my favorite activities of the "vast minority" are when we get Obama's unconstitutional actions overturned in the courts.

:thup:

I voted in the republican caucus yet I am libertarian by philosophy. The only reason the libertarian party exists is because the republican party has forgotten its roots and lost its way.

so you think the vast minority should tell the vast majority how to live?

She's foaming at the mouth. Someone call a clean up crew.

Foaming+At+The+Mouth.jpg

Libertarians are simply CONZ who want to smoke dope and visit prostitutes.

Van Jones ought to crawl under a nice comfortable academia rock where he can get tenure for his ideas and smoke as much pot and get laid with impressionable young minds.......just keep the hell out of US Government.

What part of "that's not your call" don't you get?
If the PEOPLE want him in, he's in. DESPITE what YOU or any other CON has to say about it.

Don't like it? Win elections.

Why is it always non-libertarians who think they can best describe libertarians?

Because generally libertarians don't get it. They live within their own constructed reality, much like the Marxists, espousing an "ism" that would take a basic shift in human nature to work.

Oh (as a libertarian) I totally get it....

Truth is - most people are just downright delusional, tyrannical or idiots...

Most people have absolutely no idea why our founding fathers believed what they believed..

This country was founded on classical liberalism (libertarianism)...

Sic Semper Tyrannis....

Libertarians are simply CONZ who want to smoke dope and visit prostitutes.

Van Jones ought to crawl under a nice comfortable academia rock where he can get tenure for his ideas and smoke as much pot and get laid with impressionable young minds.......just keep the hell out of US Government.

What part of "that's not your call" don't you get?
If the PEOPLE want him in, he's in. DESPITE what YOU or any other CON has to say about it.

Don't like it? Win elections.

Guess what? the Bill of Rights aren't debatable...

Obama hates the Bill of Rights and is a fucking tyrant for it - yet progressive asshats view me as the tyrant for respecting and embracing the Bill of Rights??

Every progressive in this nation belongs in prison on charges of treason because the ideas they promote contradict our Bill of Rights...

Limited speech, banning guns, circumvention of state rights are just a few ideas progressives support that totally violate the Bill of Rights....

I could go on and on about how progressives are tyrannical lunatics who value NOTHING our founding fathers valued...

so you think the vast minority should tell the vast majority how to live?
No. That's why I'm a libertarian.

As a libertarian I don't want to tell anyone how to live or what to do.

This is why I don't support any federal laws.

I suppose states have the right to self-legislate - but at the same time I have the right to move if I don't agree with the direction my state is going.... I can't say that when our federal government is calling all the shots...

I have known Libertarians intimately since July 1977. Yes, I can pinpoint the exact date because that is when I attended the 1977 Young Americans for Freedom (YAF) convention in NYC and encountered a butt-load of them.

Heck yeah I was a member of YAF. I was my town chairman of YAF. :lol:

Thus, I can boast I have been a Conservative since before being a Conservative was cool. This was the post-Watergate, CIA domestic spying scandal, Three Mile Island, Jimmy Carter era.

So it is true I have been debating Libertarians since decades before the invention of the Internet.

Thus, I would like to say the following post by konradv is dead on in its encapsulation of the Libertarian problem and explains their lack of success:

Why is it always non-libertarians who think they can best describe libertarians?

Because generally libertarians don't get it. They live within their own constructed reality, much like the Marxists, espousing an "ism" that would take a basic shift in human nature to work.

Last edited:
I have known Libertarians intimately since July 1977. Yes, I can pinpoint the exact date because that is when I attended the 1977 Young Americans for Freedom (YAF) convention in NYC and encountered a butt-load of them.

Thus, I can boast I have been a Conservative since before being a Conservative was cool. This was the post-Watergate, CIA domestic spying scandal, Three Mile Island, Jimmy Carter era.

So it is true I have been debating Libertarians since decades before the invention of the Internet.

Thus, I would like to say the following post by konradv is dead on in its encapsulation of the Libertarian problem and explains their lack of success:

I was born in the month of June, and in the year of the Dragon.

Thus, I would like to say that this post is nonsense.

The problem is "libertarian" is an extremely loose word with a wide range of definitions.

Anarchists are libertarians and as a classical liberal I find anarchy a) to be impossible by definition and b) retarded...

I'm a classical liberal who staunchly believes in our Bill of Rights...

Our federal government has ZERO right dictating our economic and social outcome... That doesn't mean I don't believe in law and order within reason..

The problem is "libertarian" is an extremely loose word with a wide range of definitions.

Anarchists are libertarians and as a classical liberal I find anarchy a) to be impossible by definition and b) retarded...

Our federal government has ZERO right dictating our economic and social outcome... That doesn't mean I don't believe in law and order within reason

So, as a libertarian, you believe in social Darwinism

Our federal government has ZERO right dictating our economic and social outcome... That doesn't mean I don't believe in law and order within reason

So, as a libertarian, you believe in social Darwinism

Absolutely.....

If you think it's a good idea to stick your finger in a light socket - you deserve to get zapped.

In what universe is it our governments responsibility to prevent people from doing stupid shit???

Not to mention who says what some entities even do is stupid??? why because government says so??

Besides, it's not really like the government gives a fuck about you, me or the other guy.. They give a fuck about themselves, power and money...

Forum List

Back