Van Jones on libertarians

*cringe*

He's not only a watermelon man, he's seriously retarded. Norquist is a libertarian? Liberty should not be a high ideal? I bet he thinks that Patrick Henry wasn't a patriot, either.

Yup...green on the outside, pinko commie on the inside.

Why is it always non-libertarians who think they can best describe libertarians?

Why is it always non-libertarians who think they can best describe libertarians?

I've been wondering that for years. I think it simply has to do with people having a false impression of what liberty means. I have "progressive" friends that believe libertarians are intellectual anarchists, and believes that forcing people to join a union equates to liberty. :cuckoo:

Because generally libertarians don't get it. They live within their own constructed reality, much like the Marxists, espousing an "ism" that would take a basic shift in human nature to work.

I've been wondering that for years. I think it simply has to do with people having a false impression of what liberty means. I have "progressive" friends that believe libertarians are intellectual anarchists, and believes that forcing people to join a union equates to liberty. :cuckoo:

I think it's because we're the most skeptical of government as a whole. Conservatives and liberals both have pet issues beyond the enumerated powers that they think the government can best solve, so they both see us as a threat to their agendas. So they both try to fight us by creating a false perception about who we really are to poison people's minds.

Because generally libertarians don't get it. They live within their own constructed reality, much like the Marxists, espousing an "ism" that would take a basic shift in human nature to work.
The question was why is it non-libertarians think they can best describe libertarians.

And you think libertarians don't know what they believe? They don't "get" their own beliefs?

:wtf:

Then again, authoritarians believe they are qualified to tell others what they should believe.

This doesn't answer my question at all. Assuming we "don't get it" doesn't justify thinking you know us better than we know ourselves.

Everytime one of these morons comes out and tries to describe the libertarian, they get something completely wrong.

I got news for you my man...you don't know us better than we do. We've been LIVING the ideology, you've only been reading about it.

Reading one wikipedia article on libertarians does not qualify one to attempt a pigeon-holing of the ideology. But that is exactly what happens more times than not.

Exactly Which 'Libertarians' Is This Ignoramus Talking About? « LewRockwell.com Blog

Unfortunately I don't know how to embed the video here, but it's fun. My favorite part is when he says Grover Norquist is the leader of the libertarian movement. :lol:

Jones is a 9/11 troofer, a radical environazi and a full fledged and unbashful Marxist! One of the most closed minded people to ever be in the American government.

It is amazing that the Obama administration could have even considered this guy, let alone give him a position!

The question was why is it non-libertarians think they can best describe libertarians.

And you think libertarians don't know what they believe? They don't "get" their own beliefs?

:wtf:

Then again, authoritarians believe they are qualified to tell others what they should believe.

Which is the part closet authoritarians don't seem to grasp.

Exactly Which 'Libertarians' Is This Ignoramus Talking About? « LewRockwell.com Blog

Unfortunately I don't know how to embed the video here, but it's fun. My favorite part is when he says Grover Norquist is the leader of the libertarian movement. :lol:

Jones is a 9/11 troofer, a radical environazi and a full fledged and unbashful Marxist! One of the most closed minded people to ever be in the American government.

It is amazing that the Obama administration could have even considered this guy, let alone give him a position!
That's exactly why he can't comprehend liberty or libertarians.

It is amazing that he was in such a position. Look at the other czars, too. Van Jones fit right in.

:eek:

Libertarians are simply CONZ who want to smoke dope and visit prostitutes.

Van Jones ought to crawl under a nice comfortable academia rock where he can get tenure for his ideas and smoke as much pot and get laid with impressionable young minds.......just keep the hell out of US Government.

Not really amazing for the reasons you gave. It's amazing that they apparently didn't realize the Republicans would be able to use Van Jones against them politically.

Forum List

Back