Van Jones (former Obama advisor) said Democrats lynched blacks as KKK members????

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
As all have heard the rumble at CNN between "analysts".. Van Jones and Jeffrey Lord.
Does Van Jones understand he is declaring blacks were lynched by Democrats because after the so-called reversal i.e. his 1968 birth...There have been NO lynchings of blacks since 1964!!!
Van Jones said the following:
VAN JONES: You know, I don't understand why the right-wing is so obsessed with trying to point out that the Ku Klux Klan, you know, 50, 60, 70 years ago was a part of the Democratic Party.
The Democratic Party, in that time, was a racist party and there were violent elements.
That's true because obviously the Republicans at that time were the party of Lincoln, who ended slavery. And so -- but we've had a reversal over these past 50 -- my entire lifetime, I was born in '68.
There's been that reversal.

SO Jones admits that during the period when blacks were being lynched it was the Democrats that were doing it and the GOP that ended slavery!!!

JEFFREY LORD: I would love to focus on today, Alisyn, and what I was trying to give was give historical context. My point is that race fuels the progressive movement, and has always fueled the progressive movement. Whether it was slavery, segregation, lynching, the Ku Klux Klan, to today's racial quotas, illegal immigration by skin color. You know, groups like La Raza, the Black Panthers. Black Lives Matter, et cetera. It's always about let's divide people by race and then here is the progressive agenda we want to enact. That's the connection to me, and it's a constant throughout two hundred some odd years of history, the Klan being just one of them. And, by the way, just not long ago when Occupy Wall Street was a big thing going, David Duke was a big supporter of occupy Wall Street right there with President Obama.

CAMEROTA: Van, what's wrong with that logic?
CNN's Van Jones Blasts Jeffrey Lord's Continued Defense Of Trump's Affiliation With White Supremacists

JONES: I have no idea what he's talking about. First of all, you're going to say that the people who are dividing America by race were progressives, were liberals--

Now for the FACTS>>>
In 1964 three Mississippi civil rights workers were lynched - abducted, shot and killed by KKK members including Neshoba County law enforcement. These galvanized national public support for federal civil rights and Congress passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 ending segregation, and the Voting Rights Act of 1965 to enforce constitutional rights to vote.
Lynching in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Who supported the Civil Rights Acts of 1964???
Goldwater was one of just six Senate Republicans to vote against the bill in 1964,
while 21 Senate Democrats opposed it. It passed by an overall vote of 73-27.
In the House, 96 Democrats and 34 Republicans voted against the Civil Rights Act, passing with an overall 290-130 vote.
While most Democrats in both chambers voted for it, the bulk of the opposition still was from Democrats.

Time magazine even largely credited Senate Minority Leader Everett Dirksen (R-Ill.) for pushing the sweeping legislation through, putting him on the cover after final passage.
Who’s Really Responsible for the Civil Rights Act?

Not surprisingly, Sharpton's quite unaware of who voted for these pieces of legislation.

The House version of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was supported by only 61 percent of that Chamber's Democrats versus 80 percent of the Republicans.

More importantly, it was Republicans that ended a Democrat filibuster preventing a vote on this bill in the Senate. 82 percent of Republicans voted for cloture versus 66 percent of Democrats.

In the final Senate vote on the Act, 82 percent of Republicans voted "Aye" versus 69 percent of Democrats.

Quite contrary to what Sharpton and most liberals think, a greater percentage of Republicans than Democrats supported this Civil Rights Act.

The same is true for the Voting Rights Act of 1965 when 94 percent of Senate Republicans voted in favor of the bill versus 73 percent of Democrats. The final vote on the House's version was even more stark as only one Senate Republican voted against it compared to seventeen Democrats.

In the House, 82 percent of Republicans supported the bill versus 78 percent of Democrats.

No matter how you slice it, both of these landmark pieces of civil rights legislation had greater support from Republicans than Democrats.

Yet Sharpton has the nerve to say, "We went with a Party that stood up for the Civil Rights Act of '64 and Voting Rights Act of '65."
Sharpton Doesn't Know Higher Percentage of Republicans Than Democrats Voted for Civil Rights Act

Last edited:
And after that civil rights vote, there was a mass migration of racists from D to R.

Lord, being a Trump supporter, is expected to be a hack. Calling the KKK "progressive"? Dishonesty and historical revisionism of that magnitude gets laughed at by anyone outside of the right-wing cult. It's an nutty as claiming that Hitler was a leftist. The KKK was and is conservative to the core, and anyone who tries to claim otherwise should have their dishonesty highlighted and mocked.

And after that civil rights vote, there was a mass migration of racists from D to R.

Lord, being a Trump supporter, is expected to be a hack. Calling the KKK "progressive"? Dishonesty and historical revisionism of that magnitude gets laughed at by anyone outside of the right-wing cult. It's an nutty as claiming that Hitler was a leftist. The KKK was and is conservative to the core, and anyone who tries to claim otherwise should have their dishonesty highlighted and mocked.

La Raza, the Black Panthers and Black Lives Matter, are all conservatives as well as the KKK, don't you agree?

So whether that is true or not, the myth that GOP lynched blacks has been perpetuated and Van Jones a BLACK has admitted so!
Another narrative that has been falsely attributed to the GOP and the MSM once again refuses to admit it!

Pre-civil rights Act 1964 Democrat party members supported the KKK and the KKK lynched blacks.
After 1964 Democrats white washed this tale and I for one never heard of it in my history books growing up and so I too believed that myth that the GOP supported
the lynching of blacks by the KKK! Surprise, surprise!

La Raza, the Black Panthers and Black Lives Matter, are all conservatives as well as the KKK, don't you agree?

Do you feel any shame for pushing the big lie that BLM is racist?

Again, just quite it with the revisionist history. Nobody outside of your cult is buying it.

So whether that is true or not, the myth that GOP lynched blacks has been perpetuated and Van Jones a BLACK has admitted so!
Another narrative that has been falsely attributed to the GOP and the MSM once again refuses to admit it!

Pre-civil rights Act 1964 Democrat party members supported the KKK and the KKK lynched blacks.
After 1964 Democrats white washed this tale and I for one never heard of it in my history books growing up and so I too believed that myth that the GOP supported
the lynching of blacks by the KKK! Surprise, surprise!

Do you feel any shame for pushing the big lie that BLM is racist?

Again, just quite it with the revisionist history. Nobody outside of your cult is buying it.

You can get upset with Black Americans, but they have been lied to for so long by people pushing this phony narrative, it is ridiculous.

We can turn this thread into prove/disprove this idiocy that the left puts forth, but it is a waste of time. Most of the people who try and use this already know it is bull, and if they don't, they are uneducated. There is not enough people on here sitting on the fence to make it worth anyone's while, so just laugh at them.

The truth is-----> the left knows it is in trouble in this election, and has to come up with old "tried and true" ways to keep their African Americans on the lefty plantation. Trying to INFORM Black Americans of the truth after listening to these propagandists for 50 years, is akin to trying to convince radical Muslim suicide bombers they aren't going to get 50 virgins when they pull the rip cord. Once you are BRAINWASHED, no amount of talking is going to change your mind.

The only thing to do is talk to Americans, as Americans, not by race. Win the election, then make it better for those affected by this propaganda.

It has worked in many instances after WWII, and we are dealing with that kind of mindset now. If we win and succeed, no Democrat could be elected dog catcher for the next 35 years. That is what this election means!

The KKK has always been made up of Southern CON$ervatives, no matter what Party they belong to at the time.

The KKK has always been made up of Southern CON$ervatives, no matter what Party they belong to at the time.

What party did Al gore senior belong to? How about BJ Clinton, who was great friends with you know who?

Black Americans TODAY, are being sold out by the Democrats for the new minority, Hispanics. I don't know about Mexicans, or Puerto Rican's, but the Cubans get it, and they also get that the messiah sold them down the river to make nice with Castro. Good luck with Florida-)

Maybe but Van Jones comments about "lynching" by GOP is bullshit!
And he admits it!
I'm sure the KKK is more inclined to conservatives but MOST conservatives INCLUDING TRUMP disavow their involvement!
Here again though the MSM lying to protect the Democrat Franchise i.e. Dems good for blacks when it was the DEMS that lynched blacks during the early part of
the 20th century.
This same phony defense of Planned Parenthood by Dems saying war on women by GOP WHEN the early founders of PP said the following...NOT GOPers...

On blacks, immigrants and indigents:
"...human weeds,' 'reckless breeders,' 'spawning... human beings who never should have been born."
Margaret Sanger, Pivot of Civilization, referring to immigrants and poor people

On sterilization & racial purification:
Sanger believed that, for the purpose of racial "purification," couples should be rewarded who chose sterilization. Birth Control in America, The Career of Margaret Sanger, by David Kennedy, p. 117, quoting a 1923 Sanger speech.

On the right of married couples to bear children:
Couples should be required to submit applications to have a child, she wrote in her "Plan for Peace." Birth Control Review, April 1932

On the purpose of birth control:
The purpose in promoting birth control was "to create a race of thoroughbreds," she wrote in the Birth Control Review, Nov. 1921 (p. 2)

On the rights of the handicapped and mentally ill, and racial minorities:
"More children from the fit, less from the unfit -- that is the chief aim of birth control." Birth Control Review, May 1919, p. 12

On religious convictions regarding sex outside of marriage:
"This book aims to answer the needs expressed in thousands on thousands of letters to me in the solution of marriage problems... Knowledge of sex truths frankly and plainly presented cannot possibly injure healthy, normal, young minds. Concealment, suppression, futile attempts to veil the unveilable - these work injury, as they seldom succeed and only render those who indulge in them ridiculous. For myself, I have full confidence in the cleanliness, the open-mindedness, the promise of the younger generation."
Margaret Sanger, Happiness in Marriage (Bretano's, New York, 1927)

On the extermination of blacks:
"We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population," she said,
"if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." Woman's Body, Woman's Right: A Social History of Birth Control in America, by Linda Gordon

Margaret Sanger, Founder of Planned Parenthood, In Her Own Words

This such an admission by Van Jones that where is the MSM?

Why don't we hear/read the MSM tell the public that the KKK was endorsed by the Democrats during the time lynchings occurred?
Proof again that the biased MSM protects the liberal/progressives while promoting falsehoods about conservatives.
Why hasn't this clear admission of culpability more widely known?
VAN JONES: You know, I don't understand why the right-wing is so obsessed with trying to point out that the Ku Klux Klan, you know, 50, 60, 70 years ago was a part of the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party, in that time, was a racist party and there were violent elements.
CNN's Van Jones Blasts Jeffrey Lord's Continued Defense Of Trump's Affiliation With White Supremacists
So why didn't the reporters ask Van Jones (born in 1968)if he knew In 1964 three Mississippi civil rights workers were lynched - abducted, shot and killed by KKK members including Neshoba County law enforcement. These galvanized national public support for federal civil rights and Congress passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 ending segregation, and the Voting Rights Act of 1965 to enforce constitutional rights to vote.
THE LAST TIME any lynching by KKK has occurred was during the Presidency of a Democrat who once said:

When Parker, [Robert Parker, Johnson’s sometime chauffer(sic)] said he would, Johnson grew angry and said, “As long as you are black, and you’re gonna be black till the day you die, no one’s gonna call you by your goddamn name. So no matter what you are called, ******, you just let it roll off your back like water, and you’ll make it. Just pretend you’re a goddamn piece of furniture.”
Lyndon Johnson was a civil rights hero. But also a racist.

Forum List

Back