Vaccine Mandate Precedent: Jacobson v. Massachusetts

There was this pastor in Cambridge, Massachusetts named Henning Jacobson who had a very bad reaction to a vaccine when he was an infant. He had a painful rash for years.

So when, in 1904, the Cambridge board of health mandated that everyone in Cambridge get a smallpox vaccine, Jacobson went into full blown anti-vaxxer mode and refused.

The penalty for not getting the vaccine was $5.00. About $140 in today's funny money.

Jacobson had also strongly urged his son not to get the smallpox vaccine, but there was an employer mandate and so his son got the shot. His son then suffered a painful reaction which kept his arm in a sling for six months.

The Anti-Vaccination Society backed Jacobson's cause all the way to the US Supreme Court.

Like modern day anti-vaxxers, Jacobson argued that vaccines CAUSE disease and he made other dubious claims.

The Court did not allow him to have his "experts" in this spurious bullshit argue before the court.

They ruled 7-2 against Jacobson. This decision was later affirmed by the Supreme Court in 1922, in Zucht v. King.

Good of the courts to not want evidence so they could stand by a kangaroo decision.

Fuck the SCOTUS.

And they can fire you if you refuse.
I’m happy blacks are not allowed into public events or have jobs.
God bless you Democrats.
CB100B66-836E-458C-89C3-CEA8AD14BB44.png

In the last 24 hours, have learned of 12 associates who have tested positive.....all vaxxed.

Fuck the vaccine.
Why is it all or nothing? At this point, I suspect the vaccines may be less than 60% effective. But, even though I'm opposed to mandating them, I still got one, and I'm glad I did. 60% is better than nothing.

This is the kind of stupidity that politics provokes.

France did not depend on precedents the way the US and England did.

The reason Louisiana adopted the French legal system is because it was heavily colonized by the French. I mean, look at the name of the state! Guess who it is named after.

Yes I forgot what they call our law system but we're the only state in the nation with it.

Why is it all or nothing? At this point, I suspect the vaccines are less than 60% effective. But, even though I'm opposed to mandating them, I still got one, and I'm glad I did. 60% is better than nothing.

This is the kind of stupidity that politics provokes.

I had the virus and still plan to get vaxxed.

I just get tired of the asswipes on the left claiming it is the end.

Biden has killed more on his watch than Trump.

There was this pastor in Cambridge, Massachusetts named Henning Jacobson who had a very bad reaction to a vaccine when he was an infant. He had a painful rash for years.

So when, in 1904, the Cambridge board of health mandated that everyone in Cambridge get a smallpox vaccine, Jacobson went into full blown anti-vaxxer mode and refused.

The penalty for not getting the vaccine was $5.00. About $140 in today's funny money.

Jacobson had also strongly urged his son not to get the smallpox vaccine, but there was an employer mandate and so his son got the shot. His son then suffered a painful reaction which kept his arm in a sling for six months.

The Anti-Vaccination Society backed Jacobson's cause all the way to the US Supreme Court.

Like modern day anti-vaxxers, Jacobson argued that vaccines CAUSE disease and he made other dubious claims.

The Court did not allow him to have his "experts" in this spurious bullshit argue before the court.

They ruled 7-2 against Jacobson. This decision was later affirmed by the Supreme Court in 1922, in Zucht v. King.

Idiot is taking a case from 1905 that allowed the states to mandate vaccines not the federal govt. The stupidity is off the charts

In addition to what I posted in post 297, here is some more information on how the COVID 19 vaccine was developed so quickly. Work had been done in this field for decades.

Research is done on a shit ton of diseases and virus, but that doesn't change the fact that the average is still 12-15 years for drugs. Science, tossed out the political agenda window.

The number of people who die from the vaccine is virtually zero compared to those unvaccinated who have died from Covid.

Totally dwarfed by Covid deaths amoung the unvaccinated.

And with Covid evolving into more and more contagious versions, thanks in large part to the unvaccinated, we need to nip this in the bud before it becomes as deadly as smallpox.
You take a COVID dildo up the arse every night. There is no Covid. Only Coronavirus which has been around for tens of thousands of years.

The French did not just disappear. And Jefferson bought it AFTER the Constitution was enacted.

As for Jefferson, that brings up another thing. The creation of the US Constituion was mostly directed by Virginians. See: Virginia Plan (1787)

Guess who Virginia was named after.
never said they did

and yes, it was after the Constitution…by then the Colonies had adopted English Common law

Agreed the VA plan had a lot to do with the Constitution.

Yes, we took most of our legal system directly from a great european power…as i mentioned

never said they did

and yes, it was after the Constitution…by then the Colonies had adopted English Common law

Agreed the VA plan had a lot to do with the Constitution."

Yes, we took most of our legal system directly from a great european power…as i mentioned
Perhaps you need to re-read my original post which started this line of discussion: "Stare decisis is precisely what separated us from most of the European powers legal systems and contributed to our greatness!"

Perhaps you need to re-read my original post which started this line of discussion: "Stare decisis is precisely what separated us from most of the European powers legal systems and contributed to our greatness!"
but at the time the two biggest were france and the uk…both of which used it

what set us apart was our Constitution, and a decentralized Govt

The difference is as follows

Smallpox is/was real
The one shot smallpox vax worked for life
Very very few people had an adverse reaction

Covid is a fraud that is no more lethal than an average flu
Covid is no longer here
The multiple shot murderous fraud vax does not work
As of mid July, the last time traitor Joe allowed CDC to report it,there were 11,900 deaths and over 1000 fetus deaths from the murderous fraud vax. Some claim the US number is over 50k.

So the real fraud is trying to equate the two.

A person "vaccinated" against Covid keeps "getting Covid" by allowing you liars to TEST, and the TEST is another huge part of the fraud...

Covid is a fraud that is no more lethal than an average flu
Covid is no longer here
Wow! Just how deep in the cave is that echo chamber you're living in?!?

Wow! Just how deep in the cave is that echo chamber you're living in?!?

Look who is talking.

CDC said last year 94% of Covid deaths were lies, caused by something other than Covid, including car accidents....

Look who is talking.

CDC said last year 94% of Covid deaths were lies, caused by something other than Covid, including car accidents....
Nope.

Another parroting lie from your echo chamber.

Forum List

Back