VA says it will not return COVID Funds

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017
Interesting.

The Department of Veterans Affairs is planning to spend the last of its COVID-19 emergency funding to support its day-to-day operations through the end of the fiscal year.

Members of the House VA Committee, however, are calling on the VA to return the money, now that the Biden administration has declared an end to the COVID-19 public health emergency.

Congressional Republicans and the Biden administration have also proposed clawing back unspent COVID funds across the federal government as part of ongoing negotiations to raise the debt ceiling.

The VA received $36.7 billion in total COVID-19 emergency appropriations.

VA Chief Financial Officer Jon Rychalski told lawmakers on Tuesday that the VA currently has $2.1 billion in remaining funds from the American Rescue Plan, and that it expects to fully spend those funds by the end of fiscal 2023.

Rychalski added that about $500 million of those ARP funds remain unobligated.

While committee Republicans are calling on the VA to turn over its unspent ARP funding, Rychalski said the ARP funds were “never set-aside for COVID,” and the spending package was designated as general-purpose funds for the agency’s fiscal 2023 budget.

“We communicated to Congress, they appropriated the funds, knowing that we had that money, that we were going to use that money for veterans this year. There’s no difference between the two. It’s not set aside for COVID,” Rychalski said.

I wonder if the GOP has it in them to cut the budget for the VA next year to punish them for this.

Anytime people in government make our money vanish, you cheer, because it is almost always your demographic stealing it...
So you LIKE the idea of clawing back money from the VA?

Fuck those Vets huh?

Interesting.

The Department of Veterans Affairs is planning to spend the last of its COVID-19 emergency funding to support its day-to-day operations through the end of the fiscal year.

Members of the House VA Committee, however, are calling on the VA to return the money, now that the Biden administration has declared an end to the COVID-19 public health emergency.

Congressional Republicans and the Biden administration have also proposed clawing back unspent COVID funds across the federal government as part of ongoing negotiations to raise the debt ceiling.

The VA received $36.7 billion in total COVID-19 emergency appropriations.

VA Chief Financial Officer Jon Rychalski told lawmakers on Tuesday that the VA currently has $2.1 billion in remaining funds from the American Rescue Plan, and that it expects to fully spend those funds by the end of fiscal 2023.

Rychalski added that about $500 million of those ARP funds remain unobligated.

While committee Republicans are calling on the VA to turn over its unspent ARP funding, Rychalski said the ARP funds were “never set-aside for COVID,” and the spending package was designated as general-purpose funds for the agency’s fiscal 2023 budget.

“We communicated to Congress, they appropriated the funds, knowing that we had that money, that we were going to use that money for veterans this year. There’s no difference between the two. It’s not set aside for COVID,” Rychalski said.

I wonder if the GOP has it in them to cut the budget for the VA next year to punish them for this.
They should. Covid funds were met for COVID, now that the emergeny is over, the money should be coming back, if they want to apply it to next years budget, then that's appropriate.

All unused COVID funds should be returned.

So you LIKE the idea of clawing back money from the VA?

Fuck those Vets huh?
I like the idea of clawing back unused COVID money. The extra money was given to them to deal with COVID, that's not "fucking the vets" that was helping them out. If they money isn't needed anymore, due to COVID emergency being over, it should be returned....then we can evaluate where it might be needed.

I like the idea of clawing back unused COVID money. The extra money was given to them to deal with COVID, that's not "fucking the vets" that was helping them out. If they money isn't needed anymore, due to COVID emergency being over, it should be returned....then we can evaluate where it might be needed.
The VA needs every penny they can get

They are ALWAYS underfunded

The VA needs every penny they can get

They are ALWAYS underfunded
Every Govt agency says the same thing, at every level of Govt.

With that said I certainly hope they come to Congress and explain what they need in next years budget and get what they want.

But this money was for COVID, COVID is over, so says Xiden.

Every Govt agency says the same thing, at every level of Govt.

With that said I certainly hope they come to Congress and explain what they need in next years budget and get what they want.

But this money was for COVID, COVID is over, so says Xiden.

According to the VA, even though the money came from the ARP, nowhere in that bill does it state it has to be used on COVID related items.

According to the VA, even though the money came from the ARP, nowhere in that bill does it state it has to be used on COVID related items.
Congress makes the rules and laws....not the VA. This is why the House has passed legislation raising the debt ceiling, and including expressed langange to claw back those unused Covid funds.

Anytime people in government make our money vanish, you cheer, because it is almost always your demographic stealing it...
Sure.................

Trump administration won't say who got $511 billion in ...​

1685016684844.png
Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com › 2020/06/11 › trum...

Jun 11, 2020 — Federal officials responsible for spending $660 billion in taxpayer-backed small-business assistance said Wednesday that they will not ...

“Jaw-dropping corruption”: Mnuchin refuses to disclose ...​

1685016654356.png
Salon.com
https://www.salon.com › ... › Igor Derysh's Articles

Jun 12, 2020 — Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin told Congress on Wednesday that the Trump administration will never reveal the companies which received loans ...

Congress makes the rules and laws....not the VA. This is why the House has passed legislation raising the debt ceiling, and including expressed langange to claw back those unused Covid funds.

Yes, so Congress should have written the bill more accurately if they wanted the money to only go to COVID related items. But they did not

Sure.................

Trump administration won't say who got $511 billion in ...

View attachment 788623
Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com › 2020/06/11 › trum...
Jun 11, 2020 — Federal officials responsible for spending $660 billion in taxpayer-backed small-business assistance said Wednesday that they will not ...

“Jaw-dropping corruption”: Mnuchin refuses to disclose ...

View attachment 788622
Salon.com
https://www.salon.com › ... › Igor Derysh's Articles
Jun 12, 2020 — Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin told Congress on Wednesday that the Trump administration will never reveal the companies which received loans ...
It's amazing you continue to reproduce this propaganda after it's already been debunked for you....like months ago.

The SBA acted as they normally do with loans, and released what they normally do. The demafacsit of course, tried to make hay with it, and pushed this propaganda, and cultist like you ate it up.

With that said, the Sec of Tres, did, release the information, in an unprecedented move, due to the propaganda and a willingness to be openly transparent.

Yes, so Congress should have written the bill more accurately if they wanted the money to only go to COVID related items. But they did not
Yep, I don't disagree Congress should, but they dont always, if they were always perfect we wouldn't need Judges.

But no worries, they are cleaning it up now. With that said, if the Xiden admin was really concerned about the Debt, it shouldn't be an issue at all...clearly they aren't.

Yep, I don't disagree Congress should, but they dont always, if they were always perfect we wouldn't need Judges.

But no worries, they are cleaning it up now. With that said, if the Xiden admin was really concerned about the Debt, it shouldn't be an issue at all...clearly they aren't.

Correct, they are not.

Just as the admin before them was not at all concerned about the debt...oh and neither were you during that admin.

Correct, they are not.

Just as the admin before them was not at all concerned about the debt...oh and neither were you during that admin.
Of course I was, hence why I supported legislation that increased tax revenue....such as the highly successful tax reform passed by the GOP Congress and signed by Trump. Thanks to them we are getting more revenue then ever before in history.

I also opposed the COVID response....while much of the legilstion was needed due to the massive shot downs, the shot downs were not necessary, at least for as long as they went on. If Cali wanted to stay shut down, that was their choice, we shouldn't of been bailing them out federally.

Of course I was, hence why I supported legislation that increased tax revenue....such as the highly successful tax reform passed by the GOP Congress and signed by Trump. Thanks to them we are getting more revenue then ever before in history.

And yet the deficit kept rising each year under your god.

Revenue has never been the problem, the problem is always spending and you never cared about spending when your god was sitting in the White House

Forum List

Back