VA Dept of Education Promoted Book Embracing CRT Curriculum While McAuliffe was Governor

Oh...here it is. "including a presentation from 2015, when "Terry McAullife was governor, that encourages teachers to "embrace Critical Race Theory" in "order to re-engineer attitudes and belief systems."

Found it! Stay witless, you stupid gutless hack.

I believe that "encouraging teachers to embrace
CRT" would indeed be "promoting the teaching of CRT to K-12 students in Virginia" by any impartial
and perceptive reading of those words.
And it makes your agitprop and denial of the clear meaning of
words an obvious lie and desperate attempt to ignore the truth.
OK, where in "encouraging teachers to embrace CRT" does it define CRT and the parts you don't like?

Agreed! NOT part of a curriculum but that doesn't mean it isn't being pushed on young impressionable
minds by teachers and administrators.
Look at the thread you are currently in.
You mean the thread where: 1) those complaining about CRT can't even define it or link the parts they disagree with, 2) the thread gets derailed to talk about how much some posters hate Liberals?

Hard to choose the worst aspect of its race-focused viewpoint, but I’d say it’s a tie between:

1) teaching children that whites are innately racist by virtue of their skin color, which of course is a racist lie

2) that America is a systemically racist country against blacks, when people of color are given all sorts of advantages over whites (and Asians), which are policies driven by racism

i just think kids should be taught to be color-blind, and the best way to do that is to ignore skin color. CRT does the opposite.
1) where in CRT does it teach "children that whites are innately racist....." Link that part, please.
2) where in CRT does it teach that "America is a systemically racist country against Blacks...." Link that part, please.

There’s no bogeyman. That‘s what leftists call it because the cat is out of the bag. The memo from the VA Dept of Ed, under Maculife, was all this stuff about how teachers should embrace CRT, they should be race-conscious when teaching their classes (in other words, pay attention to the skin tone of each of the kids), re-engineer beliefs and values, and reconstruct the image of the black male. Race, race, rwce!

They need to get back to teaching math, English Composition, and the other basics.
You don't want REAL American History taught?

By telling teachers to be race-conscious when interacting with students. IOW, be aware of which students are the oppressors and innate racists, and which ones are oppressed victims.
How is that a bad thing? Teachers are supposed to be conscious about ALL their students' individualities. Children are not widgets.

1) where in CRT does it teach "children that whites are innately racist....." Link that part, please.
2) where in CRT does it teach that "America is a systemically racist country against Blacks...." Link that part, please.
You know what? All you do is ask me questions and insist I link to stuff, yet when I ask YOU questions, you just ignore one them and give me more homework.

Race is NOT the biggest concern in this country, nor should it be so prominent in the classroom. All it does it teach children to be conscious of who is white and who is black when in truth it would be better for them to be totally unaware of that. THAT would be progress. Instead, leftists are taking us backwards, and creating an environment where it is completely acceptable to say racist things against whites.

The Democrat running for VA Governor just announced he thinks there are too many white teachers and wants to bribe blacks to come and teach.

"So, are teachers teaching the work of Kimberlé Crenshaw, Derrick Bell, or other CRT scholars? Rarely, if at all, say experts who study it. Most students do not encounter these writers until college, or even law school.

But are some school districts and teachers incorporating diversity, equity and inclusion into the curriculum? Yes, some are, and many teachers and education leaders say they will continue to do so."

If you’re a historian of the civil rights movement, that sounds eerily familiar because many civil rights activists, including Martin Luther King, were accused of being Communists because they wanted equality.
Yep...having grown up back then, it's all sounding QUITE familiar.

Instead of you doing the Alinsky thing and asking question after question after I answer them (so as to deflect from the fact that I am answering) maybe YOU should answer some of my questions.

1) What does CRT influence want to teach our children that isn’t already being taught?

2) Since kids are failing in basic academics and CRT topics would take time away from those, which basic classes or topics should be shortened or eliminated, thus causing our kids to fall further behind?
"doing the Alinsky thing"? Are you trying to morph this thread again into something it's not?

Why is it so hard for you to point out the part of CRT you object to WITH a link to CRT actually stating to teach that thing you don't like?

For the last time, they aren’t teaching the Theory itself. They are adopting the theory as truth - that the country is racist against blacks and that whites have character flaws from birth - and having it influence their classeoom instruction.

Just curious, which character flaws does CRT teach blacks have?
"they aren't teaching the Theory itself".....................................well, all this over nothing.

For the last time, they aren’t teaching the Theory itself. They are adopting the theory as truth - that the country is racist against blacks and that whites have character flaws from birth - and having it influence their classeoom instruction.

Just curious, which character flaws does CRT teach blacks have?
What character flaws does CRT teach that ANYONE has? I have yet to see you link any part of CRT for us to look at.....only that you don't like it.

You don't want REAL American History taught?
Real American history is being taught. At least it was when I was young. We learned about the horrors of slavery, the Civil Rights movement, Jim Crow laws, etc. We learned about Harrier Tubman and the Underground Railroad.

We also learned about all the wonderful things whites contributed to this country, and what a great country America is - with all the opportunities provided.

You are acting as though the MOST IMPORTANT thing is to teach kids not only how awful this country was to blacks
"they aren't teaching the Theory itself".....................................well, all this over nothing.
That‘s not nothing. The are incorporating its teachings into the classroom.

It’s like saying, hey we aren’t teaching about the Nation of Islam. We are only using what NOI teaches to guide how we treat whites and blacks in the classroom.

How would this go over, if sent in a memo from the Dept of Ed that said, “teachers should embrace the Nation of Islam in their teachings.” That wouldn’t be a problem!?

What character flaws does CRT teach that ANYONE has? I have yet to see you link any part of CRT for us to look at.....only that you don't like it.
All you do is ignore my questions, yet keep asking me questions to deflect. Are you even American? I sure hope you’re not a Virginia!

Real American history is being taught. At least it was when I was young. We learned about the horrors of slavery, the Civil Rights movement, Jim Crow laws, etc. We learned about Harrier Tubman and the Underground Railroad.

We also learned about all the wonderful things whites contributed to this country, and what a great country America is - with all the opportunities provided.

You are acting as though the MOST IMPORTANT thing is to teach kids not only how awful this country was to blacks

It’s like saying, hey we aren’t teaching about the Nation of Islam. We are only using what NOI teaches to guide how we treat whites and blacks in the classroom.

How would this go over, if sent in a memo from the Dept of Ed that said, “teachers should embrace the Nation of Islam in their teachings.” That wouldn’t be a problem!?
Did you learn about the Tulsa Massacre? Did you learn about the Japanese-American internments? Did you learn about the attempted genocide of Native Americans? Did you learn about how Reconstruction came to an end by the Republicans selling out Southern blacks? Did you learn about the Great Migration? About Exodusters? About Operation Wetback? and so on.

I am not acting as though "the MOST IMPORTANT thing is to teach kids not only how awful this country was to blacks".........that is you projecting your fears for some reason. What IS it about reality that scares you so much?

The anti-white and anti-American CRT that you want teachers to embrace as they work with little whites and little blacks teaches….

1. That race is a social construct intentionally DESIGNED TO OPPRESS people of color.

2. That the United States in inherently racist, with systems designed to create inequities between whites and blacks.

If teachers are forced to allow these two lies to influence how they interact with white and black kids, they will favor blacks to “compensate” for the false teachings of CRT.

Did you learn about the Tulsa Massacre? Did you learn about the Japanese-American internments? Did you learn about the attempted genocide of Native Americans? Did you learn about how Reconstruction came to an end by the Republicans selling out Southern blacks? Did you learn about the Great Migration? About Exodusters? About Operation Wetback? and so on.
I didn’t learn every single thing, but there are lots of things that our kids have to learn, and they’re not. They graduate functionally illiterate. They can’t master basic math. You leftists are prioritizing teaching that America is a horrible awful country above everything else.

The purpose of public schools is NOT to teach children that they live in a horrible country that is terribly racist. The reason the leftists prioritize that over basic academics is because they want to destroy the country.

Forum List

Back