USO tour impacts Carolina Panthers’ Steve Smith

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
By ashmccall – April 10, 2013 Posted in: U.S. Army

Millions of times each year at hundreds of locations around the world, the USO lifts the spirits of America’s troops and their families. On a recent tour, Carolina Panthers wide receiver, Steve Smith and other NFL players visited the troops in Afghanistan.

Check out an excerpt of his experience below, shared from the Carolina Panthers official site @ http://www.panthers.com/news/articl...ve-Smith/b110a9e5-9608-4fb8-af66-09295f37adbe with pictures

I can't name how many times just having a USO group show up helped our morale. The only group I ever donate to. [And very seldom the ARC]

There was a time when only entertainers, singers and dancers and pretty babes visited the Troops. The sports stars were in the audience.

Well, I remember during one tour in Germany, we had to PGA golf pros come to the course at the AF station in Kitzigen. They had visited other courses in Germany and England giving lessons and putting on shows of their skills.

Oh yeah - I was fortunate enough to once be in the massive crowd for a Bob Hope show - AWESOME!!! :clap2:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back