News - Many Reasons We are not Informed

KissMy

Free Breast Exam
Oct 10, 2009
In your head
News - Discuss the many reasons why we are not well informed.

Examples:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8ofWFx525s"]Beware online "filter bubbles"[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ly7Btx0Stg"]The news about the news[/ame]

I'll be honest, I didn't watch the videos. Not because I wasn't interested, it's just because of the time, people are sleeping in my house. (It's 2 AM)
But I do have a theory other than the tired old argument that the media is biased, which by the way has merit.
My theory is constantly confirmed by the various threads on these boards and also the echo chamber effect which is also on display on these boards.
I think too many people listen/read/watch the news that they like and that's all the news many people will digest. The left pays attention to left slanted news and the right attention to news from right leaning resources. Of course some folks go to more or less their favorite talking points sites. So we end up with duplicate threads and posts repeated over and over and over almost word for word by their several fellow ideologues. After awhile it really gets boring.
I don't know, but I like my news from resources that would be considered non-biased and then I do research via non-partisan resources. I'd rather figure things out by myself than goose-step to opinionated resource.
Anyway, that's my theory and damn it, I'm sticking to it.

I'll be honest, I didn't watch the videos. Not because I wasn't interested, it's just because of the time, people are sleeping in my house. (It's 2 AM)
But I do have a theory other than the tired old argument that the media is biased, which by the way has merit.
My theory is constantly confirmed by the various threads on these boards and also the echo chamber effect which is also on display on these boards.
I think too many people listen/read/watch the news that they like and that's all the news many people will digest. The left pays attention to left slanted news and the right attention to news from right leaning resources. Of course some folks go to more or less their favorite talking points sites. So we end up with duplicate threads and posts repeated over and over and over almost word for word by their several fellow ideologues. After awhile it really gets boring.
I don't know, but I like my news from resources that would be considered non-biased and then I do research via non-partisan resources. I'd rather figure things out by myself than goose-step to opinionated resource.

The first video explains why each side only reads news slanted towards their world view. That explains the problem in the second video about why we are only informed about our small part of the world. It leads into the last part of the video below about ants following themselves around in a circle until they die of starvation.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Xm4ufnoxY"]When social media became news[/ame]

The first video explains why each side only reads news slanted towards their world view. That explains the problem in the second video about why we are only informed about our small part of the world. It leads into the last part of the video below about ants following themselves around in a circle until they die of starvation.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Xm4ufnoxY"]When social media became news[/ame]

Really!!! I must really have a feel for the America pulse then! :clap2: :cheers2:

[ame=http://youtu.be/tB44klYw1kE]Alex Jones - "My Momma Loves Me" Rant - YouTube[/ame]

My Momma loves me!!!!!!!!!!1

Then we have the BSkyB, News of the World, Fox News Scandal. Media is blackmailing law makers. Basically Saudi Arabia owned News Corp is controlling US & British law makers.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgzV0BHUBbo]Another MSNBC Fake News Story Exposed - YouTube[/ame]

News Corp produces agenda-type of tabloid of journalism and it's competitors have followed suit to a point. It's the ole' "monkey see, monkey do" scenario. I avoid any news source that does that bull shit.
I use Reuters for my news source. Reuters tries very hard to keep it's news free of opinioned news and at times gets shit for trying to be non-partisan from both sides of the aisle, not just in the US but even more so in other countries. No soap box there for the left/right propaganda.

It wasn't that long ago that NBC News was a respected news source and then they launched MSNBC in response to Fox News, that move certainly tarnished NBC News. If simpleminded people want that crap of partisan news, it's their business. All those folks are doing is numbing their brains to BS partisan propaganda. It's just being intellectually lazy. That's probably why in the US we have had less than stellar candidates for political office, our candidates are the product of a slated media and their loyal followers.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back