USMB: Where did the Conservative Republicans who freed the slaves come from?

there you go chasing your tail in contradictions of left-wing failure.

you think it's good; or even "liberal" to advocate amnesty for illegals? (why kid yourself it will be anything but amnesty?)

Black American citizens; not White people; will be hurt the most if dems get their way on immigration.
Black people are the largest church-going demographic in this country; and i can tell you millions are not happy with the notion of same-sex marriages

you're an idiot; a bigot and a hypocrite who thinks he speaks for people. you may even be black; doesnt mean you arent blinded by your poolitics to the point you need to get outside more; and see how it is going to hurt the verty people you claim to be in the corner of
Gee. I wonder why Black Americans don't vote for Republicans? And they sure don't vote for Conservatives. Ever wonder why? Could it be the policies of Conservative candidates that turns them off so much?

Gee i wonder what decades of pandering and patronizing by Dems have done for Black people besides produce loyal voters dems take for granted?

what conservative policies (that havent been distorted by libs) are Black Americans so against?
lets go over them and see whose policies will really hurt Black Americans? i've already mentioned Dems plans for amnesty will hurt Black Americans the most

Well, there was this one that really irked me. This comes from the right wing Christian Science Monitor:

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

That's wrong to be using the unemployed for a bargaining chip. Especially after Republicans helped move millions of jobs to China and they wanted to elect a pioneer of outsourcing as president:

Report: U.S. has lost 2.4M jobs to China from 2001 to 2008 | TheHill

Then of course, when Republicans blocked the BP investigation into the BP oil spill in the gulf. Pick out your own link on this one. Here is the Google search. You can watch video of them doing the blocking in congress.

Google Search: gop block bp investigation

The GOP wants to destroy Social security and Medicare and are working to keep Americans from affordable health care at a time when medical bills are the number one cause of bankruptsy.

Is that enough? I have lots and lots more. If you vote Republican, you support these things. That's just the way it is.

The problem is one of not understanding the difference between political party and political ideology. Today's Conservative will hide behind the skirts of party name when inconvenient history is discussed. They will claim it was Democrats (as in members of the Democrat party) who formed and caroused as the Ku Klux Klan. that is true. But those Democrats were no where near Liberal in political ideology and philosophy. Those Democrats were much closer to the tenets of Conservative ideology.

Republicans at the turn of the 20th century were much closer to today's Liberal ideology.

Using the cover of political party while denying philosophy is a cowardly, if not merely ignorant act.
In other words, let's ignore the facts and look at it with ideological filters instead. Liberalism is very much one of authority, elitism and power over others, what rock do you live under? The problem with liberals is they can't face the true hypocritical nature of themselves so they always blame others. Even if it means rewriting history and spinning facts 180 degrees.

Conservative want to kill Affirmative Action. After a couple of centuries worth of Conservative supported state sanctioned discrimination, Conservatives want to take away the policy that makes higher education a reality for millions.
No, they want to remove racism. There is no reason a black, hispanic, asian or female cannot compete these days.
Conservatives want to erase all social and financial support for the poor. In a rapidly changing economy, Conservatives would gleefully pull the rug out from under those who need that rug the most. Conservatives rail against raising the minimum wage, thus keeping millions of working Americans in poverty. At the same time, Conservatives promote tax policies that assure the rich can stay rich and pay a lower tax rate than the garbage man servicing their gated communities.
Garbage men are paid pretty well around here. You drool intolerance instead of thinking. You have no clue what conservatives think, you don't understand economics. But you're big on prejudice and non-thought leftist talking points.
Gee! Why aren't more Black Americans rallying around Conservative policies? Because they know, along with millions of poor White Americans that Conservatism will not provide a government for the people.
Poor isn't a race. A better economy benefits everyone, including the rich. The liberal economy isn't/won't work for the same reason it hasn't worked elsewhere. Wealth doesn't come from government trees, it's created. The more you hamper its' creation the worse off everyone will be except for those collecting and redistributing it.

Gee. I wonder why Black Americans don't vote for Republicans? And they sure don't vote for Conservatives. Ever wonder why? Could it be the policies of Conservative candidates that turns them off so much?

Gee i wonder what decades of pandering and patronizing by Dems have done for Black people besides produce loyal voters dems take for granted?

what conservative policies (that havent been distorted by libs) are Black Americans so against?
lets go over them and see whose policies will really hurt Black Americans? i've already mentioned Dems plans for amnesty will hurt Black Americans the most

Well, there was this one that really irked me. This comes from the right wing Christian Science Monitor:

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

That's wrong to be using the unemployed for a bargaining chip. Especially after Republicans helped move millions of jobs to China and they wanted to elect a pioneer of outsourcing as president:

Report: U.S. has lost 2.4M jobs to China from 2001 to 2008 | TheHill

Then of course, when Republicans blocked the BP investigation into the BP oil spill in the gulf. Pick out your own link on this one. Here is the Google search. You can watch video of them doing the blocking in congress.

Google Search: gop block bp investigation

The GOP wants to destroy Social security and Medicare and are working to keep Americans from affordable health care at a time when medical bills are the number one cause of bankruptsy.

Is that enough? I have lots and lots more. If you vote Republican, you support these things. That's just the way it is.

See what I mean? Republicans don't know their own screwed up policies.

Seriously dean pick up a freaking book. Lincoln was not conservative. And Republicans of the day were far from it.

Seriously dean pick up a freaking book. Lincoln was not conservative. And Republicans of the day were far from it.

Well DUH! Republicans on the USMB swear they are "Lincoln's Party" and it's liberals and Democrats who started the KKK and are pro slavery.

I only tell them Lincoln was a conservative because I'm mocking the dumb fucks. I thought that was clear.

The Republican party began as a party against the Kansas-Nebraska Act. The party was made up of anti-slavery Democrats, anti-slavery Whigs, the Know-Nothings, Barnburner-Democrats, Abolitionists and Teetotelers. Their goal was stopping the extension of slavery. Lincoln at first avoided the new Republican party but later became its candidate. Was the Republican party of that time, liberal? Was Lincoln a liberal? If so, when did the Republican party become America's conservative party and why?

Well DUH! Republicans on the USMB swear they are "Lincoln's Party" and it's liberals and Democrats who started the KKK and are pro slavery.

I only tell them Lincoln was a conservative because I'm mocking the dumb fucks. I thought that was clear.

The only thing that is clear is you are a troll trying to stir up crap.

It were not conservative Republicans in the north. Before 19... something the Republicans used to be the liberal party and the Democrats the conservative ones. Those roles changed later. But it were the conservatives who supported slavery, no matter if the were Democrat or Republican.

The only thing that is clear is you are a troll trying to stir up crap.

Not true. Trying to get Republicans whose heads are buried in the sand to think about what they are actually saying may be considered "stirring up crap", but if we can get them to take the time to actually find out the truth, it's worth it.

Not challenging Republicans because it hurts their feelings has been one of the reasons this country is having the problems it has.

Republicans cry that it's not voter suppression, it's only about ID's, because that's all they want to see.

Consider Scott Walker. If Walker's policies were so great, he wouldn't be working desperately to cut the number of voting locations, cutting the number of days to vote and limiting the number of hours you can vote. If your policies were any good, you would be doing the opposite. It's just that simple. How unAmerican can you get?

Or the fact that nearly every Red State has been following conservative policies for the last 150 years and they are economic failures and environment cesspools.

The evidence of Republican failure is everywhere. We need to continue to point it out. When you don't, you start having easily misled Republicans believing that Iraq was the Democrat's fault or people suffered after Katrina because Obama was slow to send aid. Oops, too late, many Republicans already believe those things. Just like they believe it was liberal Democrats who ran the slave trade in the south and were the ones who owned plantations.

[MENTION=47248]bedowin62[/MENTION]
Revisionist history alert! They were Democrats, period.

Conservative ideologues within the Democratic party. Correct: Southern, White, Conservative, Christian Democrats of old days gone by

:laugh:

Fools abound

Democrats in name and deed.

fools abound indeed

Dems are still doing the same things; this time instead of Black people te people to be vilified are white and christian and male. the left has gone full circle in their ring of ignorant blind hypocrisy

Do your homework you silly doofus :lmao:

RNC Chief to Say It Was 'Wrong' to Exploit Racial Conflict for Votes

Southern strategy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lee Atwater - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Again and again I've heard USMB Republicans insist it was liberal Democrats who kept slaves in the south and it was conservative Republicans who marched into the south and freed the slaves.

It was liberal Democrats who started the KKK.

Wow. The opening statement alone shows that you do not have a clue as to what you are talking about.

Again and again I've heard USMB Republicans insist it was liberal Democrats who kept slaves in the south and it was conservative Republicans who marched into the south and freed the slaves.

Lincoln was a conservative Republican.

Now, even though Republicans say President Obama is a Marxist, communist, liberal, fascist, Kenyan, Mau Mau, man child, boi who is so weak and girly he has become a strong arm monarch like totalitarian dictator, some, a few, realize he can't be all those things at once.

Do they really believe conservative Republicans marched into the deep south and freed the slaves? You bet your 6,000 year history of the universe they do.

But how is that possible? We refer to the North as the "liberal north". So where did all those conservative Republicans come from?

I'm fascinated by Right Wing history. Perhaps USMB Confederate Republicans who freed the slaves could explain their involvement in the Civil War and it's "true" history. Educate me. I'm all "ears".

State Sen. Stephen Martin says Democratic Party created the Ku Klux Klan

False

Now, even though Republicans say President Obama is a Marxist, communist, liberal, fascist, Kenyan, Mau Mau, man child, boi who is so weak and girly he has become a strong arm monarch like totalitarian dictator, some, a few, realize he can't be all those things at once.

Do they really believe conservative Republicans marched into the deep south and freed the slaves? You bet your 6,000 year history of the universe they do.

But how is that possible? We refer to the North as the "liberal north". So where did all those conservative Republicans come from?

I'm fascinated by Right Wing history. Perhaps USMB Confederate Republicans who freed the slaves could explain their involvement in the Civil War and it's "true" history. Educate me. I'm all "ears".
The Republicans were not the Con-servatives back then...the Con-federates were. In fact, after Lincoln was assassinated, the Republicans became known as "the Radical Republicans" because they were moving so fast away from the old status quo.

Nobody says it was "conservative" republicans who freed the slaves. That's an invention of the left to try to blur history. It could have been liberal republicans for that matter. We know (at least we should know) the party of Lincoln freed the slaves and it happened to be republican. The one thing the democrat party has going for it is the absolute support of the liberal media that pretends to this day that LBJ's ironically named "great society" helped Black people. It was an abject failure but the propaganda worked and the new democrat plantation traded the KKK overseers for poverty pimps. The KKK was the political muscle of the democrat party for the entire 20th century and if you checked the wallets of KKK members you would have found a democrat party registration in all of them. Hell, FDR even appointed a KKK member, Justice Hugo Black, to the Supreme court.

State Sen. Stephen Martin says Democratic Party created the Ku Klux Klan

False
Nope. That is true. There are 13 Congressional Volumes which detail how the KKK was formed as the terrorist wing of the Democratic Party for the express purpose of taking back their statehouses from BLACK REPUBLICANS through force and intimidation.

Full text of "Report of the Joint select committee appointed to inquire in to the condition of affairs in the late insurrectionary states : so far as regards the execution of the laws, and the safety of the lives and property of the citizens of the United States and Testimony taken"

Black political participation in Reconstruction | The Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History

"Blacks made up the overwhelming majority of southern Republican voters, forming a coalition with “carpetbaggers” and “scalawags” (derogatory terms referring to recent arrivals from the North and southern white Republicans, respectively). A total of 265 African-American delegates were elected, more than 100 of whom had been born into slavery. Almost half of the elected black delegates served in South Carolina and Louisiana, where blacks had the longest history of political organization; in most other states, African Americans were underrepresented compared to their population. In all, 16 African Americans served in the U.S. Congress during Reconstruction; more than 600 more were elected to the state legislatures, and hundreds more held local offices across the South."

Articles: The Secret Racist History of the Democratic Party

"In almost every Southern state, the Republican Party was actually formed by blacks, not whites. Case in point is Houston, Texas, where 150 blacks and 20 whites created the Republican Party of Texas. But perhaps most telling of all with respect to the Republican Party’s achievements is that black men were continuously elected to public office. For example, 42 blacks were elected to the Texas legislature, 112 in Mississippi, 190 in South Carolina, 95 representatives and 32 senators in Louisiana, and many more elected in other states -- all Republican. Democrats didn’t elect their first black American to the U.S. House until 1935!"

"By the mid-1860s, the Republican Party’s alliance with blacks had caused a noticeable strain on the Democrats’ struggle for electoral significance in the post-Civil War era. This prompted the Democratic Party in 1866 to develop a new pseudo-secret political action group whose sole purpose was to help gain control of the electorate. The new group was known simply by their initials, KKK (Ku Klux Klan). This political relationship was nationally solidified shortly thereafter during the 1868 Democratic National Convention when former Civil War General Nathan Bedford Forrest was honored as the KKK’s first Grand Wizard. But don’t bother checking the Democratic National Committee’s website for proof. For many years, even up through the 2012 Presidential Election, the DNC had omitted all related history from 1848 to 1900 from their timeline -- half a century worth! Nevertheless, this sordid history is still well documented. There’s even a thirteen-volume set of Congressional investigations dating from 1872 detailing the Klan’s connection to the Democratic Party. The official documents, titled Report of the Joint Select Committee to Inquire Into the Condition of Affairs in the Late Insurrectionary States, irrefutably proves the KKK’s prominent role in the Democratic Party."

September 3, 1868

25 African-Americans in the Georgia legislature, all Republicans, were expelled by the Democrat majority. They were later reinstated by a Republican-controlled Congress.

September 12, 1868

Civil rights activist Tunis Campbell and all other African-Americans in the Georgia Senate – all Republicans – were expelled by the Democrat majority. They were later be reinstated by a Republican-controlled Congress.

October 7, 1868

Republicans denounce the Democratic Party’s national campaign theme: “This is a white man’s country: Let white men rule”.

October 22, 1868

While campaigning for re-election, U.S. Rep. James Hinds (R-AR) is assassinated by Democrat terrorists who were organized as the Ku Klux Klan.

December 10, 1869

Republican Gov. John Campbell of Wyoming Territory signs First-in-nation law granting women the right to vote and to hold public office.

February 3, 1870

After passing the U.S. House of Representatives with 98% Republican support and 97% Democrat opposition, the Republicans’ 15th Amendment is ratified, which granted the right to vote to all Americans regardless of race.

May 31, 1870

President Ulysses S. Grant signs the Republicans’ Enforcement Act, providing stiff penalties for depriving civil rights to any Americans.

June 22, 1870

The Republican-controlled Congress creates the U.S. Department of Justice to safeguard the civil rights of African-Americans against Democrats in the South.

September 6, 1870

Women vote in Wyoming during the first election after women’s suffrage legislation was signed into law by Republican Gov. John Campbell.

February 28, 1871

Republican Congress passes Enforcement Act providing federal protection for African-American voters.

April 20, 1871

The Republican-controlled Congress enacts the Ku Klux Klan Act, outlawing Democratic Party-affiliated terrorist groups which oppressed African-Americans.

October 10, 1871

Following warnings by Philadelphia Democrats against blacks voting, African-American Republican civil rights activist Octavius Catto was murdered by a Democratic Party operative, and his military funeral was attended by thousands.

October 18, 1871

After violence was committed against Republicans in South Carolina, Republican President Ulysses S. Grant deploys U.S. troops to combat Democrat terrorists who formed the Ku Klux Klan.

November 18, 1872

Susan B. Anthony arrested for voting, after boasting to Elizabeth Cady Stanton that she voted for “the Republican ticket, straight”.

January 17, 1874

Armed Democrats seize the Texas state government, ending Republican efforts to racially integrate the Texas government.

September 14, 1874

Democrat white supremacists seize Louisiana statehouse in attempt to overthrow the racially-integrated administration of Republican Governor William Kellogg. 27 people were killed.

March 1, 1875

The Civil Rights Act of 1875, guaranteeing access to public accommodations without regard to race, was signed by Republican President Ulysses S. Grant. The law passed with 92% Republican support over 100% Democrat opposition.

"Black men participated in Georgia politics for the first time during Congressional Reconstruction (1867-76). Between 1867 and 1872 sixty-nine African Americans served as delegates to the constitutional convention (1867-68) or as members of the state legislature.

Democrats used terror, intimidation, and the Ku Klux Klan to "redeem" the state. One quarter of the black legislators were killed, threatened, beaten, or jailed. In the December 1870 elections the Democrats won an overwhelming victory. In 1906 W. H. Rogers from McIntosh County was the last black legislator to be elected before blacks were legally disenfranchised in 1908."

Black Legislators during Reconstruction

"One of the most vivid examples of collusion between the KKK and Democratic Party was when Democrat Senator Wade Hampton ran for the governorship of South Carolina in 1876. The Klan put into action a battle plan to help Democrats win, stating: “Every Democrat must feel honor bound to control the vote of at least one Negro by intimidation…. Democrats must go in as large numbers…and well-armed.” An issue of Harper’s Weekly that same year illustrated this mindset with a depiction of two white Democrats standing next to a black man while pointing a gun at him. At the bottom of the depiction is a caption that reads: “Of Course He Wants To Vote The Democratic Ticket!”"

"The Klan’s primary mission was to intimidate Republicans -- black and white. In South Carolina, for example, the Klan even passed out “push cards” -- a hit list of 63 (50 blacks and 13 whites) “Radicals” of the legislature pictured on one side and their names listed on the other. Democrats called Republicans radicals not just because they were a powerful political force, but because they allowed blacks to participate in the political process. Apparently, this was all too much for Democrats to bear.

By 1875, Republicans, both black and white, had worked together to pass over two dozen civil rights bills. Unfortunately, their momentum came to a screeching halt in 1876 when the Democratic Party took control of Congress. Hell bent on preventing blacks from voting, Southern Democrats devised nearly a dozen shady schemes, like requiring literacy tests, misleading election procedures, redrawing election lines, changing polling locations, creating white-only primaries, and even rewriting state constitutions. Talk about disenfranchising black voters!

There were also lynchings, but not what you might think. According to the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, between 1882 and 1964 an estimated 3,446 blacks and 1,279 whites were lynched at the hands of the Klan."

Articles: The Secret Racist History of the Democratic Party

The Republicans were not the Con-servatives back then...the Con-federates were. In fact, after Lincoln was assassinated, the Republicans became known as "the Radical Republicans" because they were moving so fast away from the old status quo.
That must be why Democrats today believe that some human life is property to be disposed of at the will of its owner just like they did 150 years ago.

Forum List

Back