USMB "South Park"

Discussion in 'Computers' started by KittenKoder, Apr 28, 2009.

1. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    Well ... not really but it's a concept I am thinking of. Playing with my 3D designs a little and came up with a cartoon character for me, yes, the one in my newest avatar. Was trying to think of something fun to do ... well I started thinking about all the web cartoons out there, like Foamy while watching South Park of course. So here's a proposal for anyone interested, I was thinking of taking the South Park format (scripting style) and making a web cartoon with characters based on people here (only if they volunteer of course).

The characters models would be based on your user name and of course some creative input if interested, the personality ... well ... I will base those on the posts I read here. Working on a quick little skit for a demo of what I am talking about with mine.

The title is something in the works right now, I have no ideas for the title yet at all. Voices will be a problem so it would be nice if you had a recorder on your computer to do your own character's voice (again only if interested). I will just send you a copy of the script and story board and you will send me a voice recording of your characters parts. Not as complicated as it might seem, you can even be yourself and add flavor to the script. It's all in the name of fun though, so please, if you want to be involved it would be best if you have a strong sense of humor (nothing is sacred type) and don't take anything personal.

2. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    I expect edelicvious bias and partisanship from the aanimation staff :D

3. KittenKoder

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    I am the only animator currently ... and probably one of the least partisans on here ... so doubt it. But quirks will be made fun of ... I promise that.

The script will be collaborative, but it's my personal project. My v-game is done for now and this is just my next personal project for fun. Because of making the online game I have been practicing with graphics a lot and getting decent (not great yet). So a project like this will give me even better practice. The work I do is nuts and bolts programming so I rarely get the opportunity to play with graphics much other than my personal time.

4. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    as long as my character isnt ever fucking davids...i am game....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. KittenKoder

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    LOL ... it will be PG-13 (foul and suggestive language) so that won't even be a possibility. Also anyone who does want help will always have the final say in what the character based on their personality does.

A bit of history for why I am equating it to South Park, all the characters in that show are based on the producers own lives, the people from their home town (which actually isn't South Park), just done in satire.

6. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    Whatb engine do you plan ton use? Anime Studio? Blender?

7. KittenKoder

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    Blender .... practicing the audio syncing today. I got simplistic modeling down pat, but if anyone else has a simple cartoonish character of their own they would like to see in it I'm up for that to. I'm having fun with rigging and posing the most.

8. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    o i wanna be like the bus driver...but purdy.....maybe the eccentric old lady that the kids are afraid of...cause she is a witch....i would have to have a cat and dog...

9. KittenKoder

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    Oh, forgot to mention the setting. Doing online avatar like characters. Kind of like cartoon icons/avatars. It's in a digital world like setting, like a lot of virtual reality style stories. Think of it as if our online personalities became independent of our real life ones.

10. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    What a cool idea.

I'll play.

I have a suggestion though..you set up the plot of let each person write their own lines.