Zone1 USMB issues on Android?

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Is anyone else having any issues with USMB on Android? Replying to someone is where I am having this technical problem. It starts out with the cursor inside of the quoted text. Then the quoted text box jumps in size by itself, and then every tap makes the box jump larger. I've now tried it with Opera, Firefox, the native Samsung browser (yuck), and three other browsers downloaded for this from the Play Store. The only one that doesn't do it is Chrome, but it has its own issue: if you start a reply, then go to another app for a second to copy content to paste in your post, when you return everything you've already written is gone. But if you refresh the page, it comes back, as long as your draft was saved, either automatically or manually.

Any ideas?

I use an android phone and am not having those issues.

Sometimes a page gets a little jumpy as the ads or links load and I push the wrong thing as the screen jumps. Slightly annoying.

My only problem is an inability to separste paragraphs. Quite frustrating but it is what it is.

I only end up in the quote box by my own mistake, but it is difficult to get back out sometimes. I have to put a space after the last character (in your vid the period) then hit enter twice.

[Edit- only had to hit enter once after the space]

If it persists, try using the 'quote' function instead of reply.

Last edited:
Is anyone else having any issues with USMB on Android? Replying to someone is where I am having this technical problem. It starts out with the cursor inside of the quoted text. Then the quoted text box jumps in size by itself, and then every tap makes the box jump larger. I've now tried it with Opera, Firefox, the native Samsung browser (yuck), and three other browsers downloaded for this from the Play Store. The only one that doesn't do it is Chrome, but it has its own issue: if you start a reply, then go to another app for a second to copy content to paste in your post, when you return everything you've already written is gone. But if you refresh the page, it comes back, as long as your draft was saved, either automatically or manually.

Any ideas?
I just did it here...you must add the space.

Here I put a spacebar space after the question mark and hit enter and it let me out.

Just hitting enter from directly after the ? kept me in the quote box.

I haven't had that problem...but I am using android 10 and Brave browser.
I'm on Android 13 (Galaxy Tab A8, pretty new) and funny you should say that because I tried Brave for the first time this morning, looking for a browser that worked for this. No luck, but it's pretty fast!

I'm on Android 13 (Galaxy Tab A8, pretty new) and funny you should say that because I tried Brave for the first time this morning, looking for a browser that worked for this. No luck, but it's pretty fast!
I have an A7, but I never use it for USMB. It's probably on 12.

I wouldn't know this phone is on 10 except for it bitching everyday to update to 11 and I stubbornly requesting it to go pound sand, pushy machine.

I'll give it a try tonight if you haven't worked out your issue.

Brave is great if you don't rely on 'history' too much.

When you close Brave, the default is to wipe out everything, cookies, history, search history...it's all gone.

That's what I want...limited internet tracking...but it's not for everyone.

I have an A7, but I never use it for USMB. It's probably on 12.

I wouldn't know this phone is on 10 except for it bitching everyday to update to 11 and I stubbornly requesting it to go pound sand, pushy machine.

I'll give it a try tonight if you haven't worked out your issue.

Brave is great if you don't rely on 'history' too much.

When you close Brave, the default is to wipe out everything, cookies, history, search history...it's all gone.

That's what I want...limited internet tracking...but it's not for everyone.
DuckDuckGo does that also with a tap of the flame icon, or you can set it to do so automatically. It also doesn't do this weird thing I'm experiencing, but I can't use it on USMB because it won't show embedded tweets on USMB. And you know how I love my embedded tweets. :laugh:

I also have the A7, but I only use that on stage now, replacing my iPad Pro 12.9, which was too heavy for my pad holder, plus it was always out in the car with all my gear and I missed all of its other exceptional features at home.

Last edited:
Maybe it's due to a XenForo update of forum software? Whereas developers used to tailor everything to work with Microsoft Internet Explorer and the hell with everyone else, now they tailor everything to work with Chrome.

if you start a reply, then go to another app for a second to copy content to paste in your post, when you return everything you've already written is gone. But if you refresh the page, it comes back
This happens to me. I use Chrome. Other than that, no other issues

Any ideas?

View attachment 755963
"Any ideas?"

Yeah, and pardon me for living in the past, but I miss the good old days of Ma Bell, no answering machines, and if people didn't answer after 10 rings, they were either gone somewhere else or in the shower. And you might not know who was calling, which opened the door of calling around to the people you liked saying "Did you call me, dear sweetie?" :biggrin: *sigh*

Forum List

Back