USMB Coffee Shop IV

Tried making some quick bread, yeastless bread.......... Basically came out like a biscuit in loaf form. Think I'll stick with regular yeast bread.

Anyone have and use a bread maker machine at home? I'm considering getting one.

EuOKvqOXAAA4cg2.jpg

Tried making some quick bread, yeastless bread.......... Basically came out like a biscuit in loaf form. Think I'll stick with regular yeast bread.

I have one it works really well.

I like work. Vacations are something I usually avoid. That said, I am taking about 10 days to venture from Michigan to Moab Utah via Denver. Any ideas of things to do or see between here and there? Can't drive through the cities fast enough, so no stopping in those.

Not much in the Denver area that appeals to me all that much and you'll probably stay on I-70. But if you wanted to jog 70 miles south on I-25 from Denver, there's a lot of things to see and do in and around Colorado Springs.

My middle daughter lives in Denver, the youngest use to live in Colorado Springs before returning here.

May I recommend that you plug in the words " rhyming dictionary website." And you will be able to work Into your poem sans changing your point (or lack of it). You can always do better when you consult several rhymes, and you might get a better word by using a thesaurus that gives you an equivalent word that is easier to rhyme in context with where you want your writing where you want it to go. Good luck.
The intent is quite clear- words that don't rhyme and music out of sync speaks for itself- and the words came from me- it's a song, for crying out loud. Not that I have anything against a collaborator- but, since you ain't here I do the best I can. Thanks!

I've got one. Used it maybe 10 times and it's been in the closet for 7 or 8 years now.

I knew a woman, years ago, who made home made bread which I would slather with butter and Peach Preserves

o_O :)

I've got one. Used it maybe 10 times and it's been in the closet for 7 or 8 years now.
Yeah, the more I thought about it the more I figured it would end up like that and decided against it.

One thing I've been debating is replacing my ooooold range, more for the esthetic but also for potential practical upgrades. Had been doing some research and discovered that electric ranges actually out perform gas some times by as much as 46% depending on the range. Samsung is considered one of the best. Ceramic/glass tops are the most efficient but I use cast iron all the time so I worry about scratching the surface, coil burner ranges are supposed to be much less expensive but what I've found is that's only in the economy range. Self cleaning with sensor technology puts those coil burner ranges up in the same price range as smoothtops.

My Aunt Betty has a gas top range in her kitchens with the burners sort of sealed so you don't clean under the burners like the old style kitchen ranges, but I do wonder about what actually does get into the works and is brewing there. I love love LOVE my ceramic stove top. . .so easy to clean with the little sponges they make for that purpose, a bit of soft scrub, occasionally a razor blade to take off anything baked on that the soft scrub can't handle. We don't need the razor blade more often than every few weeks.

I do use cast iron on it, but I am really REALLY careful setting down the cast iron skillet.

Yeah, IMO quick breads are intended to be more dense cake like or savory with really strong interesting flavors. Pumpkin bread, banana bread, etc. Biscuits are the only quick bread I make that is intended to be bread. I haven't even tried making homemade tortillas since the store bought ones are made here in Albuquerque and are quite economical to buy and use.

I love to make yeast rolls and bread though and do it absolutely from scratch. It's like therapy taking out all my feelings--love, frustration, anger or whatever kneading the dough. :) I honestly don't know anybody with a bread machine who used it more than a few times. Peach might be the acception. :)

Apparently cleaning the things is a pain:

Yeah, IMO quick breads are intended to be more dense cake like or savory with really strong interesting flavors. Pumpkin bread, banana bread, etc. Biscuits are the only quick bread I make that is intended to be bread. I haven't even tried making homemade tortillas since the store bought ones are made here in Albuquerque and are quite economical to buy and use.

I love to make yeast rolls and bread though and do it absolutely from scratch. It's like therapy taking out all my feelings--love, frustration, anger or whatever kneading the dough. :) I honestly don't know anybody with a bread machine who used it more than a few times. Peach might be the acception. :)

Apparently cleaning the things is a pain:
Had to because of hubby's very strict diet.

I haven't used the bread machine since hubby died, I'm going to put in the shed. :)
Cleaning it wasn't all that hard to do for me, making bread all the time took up a lot of time so cleaning the machine was easier.

Man, what a world of difference fresh tires make.

Though my rubber wasn't down to the wear bars, they were getting close...Drove to the shop from up on the bench, with 6" of fresh snow on the road...The anti-lock brakes were going off like a popcorn popper.....Scary ride going downhill, driving a toboggan with AWD.

Two hours later, I'm standing on the brakes in the same snow and not a skid or a pop from the anti-lock system....Car just stops.

Amazing stuff.

Have an appt next month to see regular doc. I have a list to go over with her. Lethargy/tired/fatigue/forgetfulness/numb feet and toes/stand too long, left foot goes completely numb/hip & back pain/burning sensation on soles of both feet/sudden appearance of large bulging varicose veins on left front leg/lump in left side of left wrist that is painful/slight dizziness.

My brain feels numb. Can't remember anything any more. Sleep often but it's never more than 2 hours. Sometimes I get lucky and wind up with 4 total hours but that is rare.

I hurt all the damn time. Losing interest in everything. This sucks.

Have an appt next month to see regular doc. I have a list to go over with her. Lethargy/tired/fatigue/forgetfulness/numb feet and toes/stand too long, left foot goes completely numb/hip & back pain/burning sensation on soles of both feet/sudden appearance of large bulging varicose veins on left front leg/lump in left side of left wrist that is painful/slight dizziness.

My brain feels numb. Can't remember anything any more. Sleep often but it's never more than 2 hours. Sometimes I get lucky and wind up with 4 total hours but that is rare.

I hurt all the damn time. Losing interest in everything. This sucks.
Welp, hopefully the doc can figure out what's going on and prescribe the correct specialty consults. I'll be praying for you.

Forum List

Back