USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice...are you keeping your 2006, Harley Davidson, FXD35, 35th Anniversary, Dyna, Super Glide?

Fur sure on that, man. That bike is money in the bank. It's a rare bike and going to be worth a bundle someday being it's #0793 of ONLY 3500 made, world wide. Thing is with that though, I don't like to ride it and put miles on it. The less miles on it the more it's worth.

So, I'd like to have a bike I'm not afraid to put miles on, and I really fell in love with Street Glides back when they came out, and that one already has a 103 which you can get a scary amount of horse power out of with very little modification, and it has that big stereo, and it's vivid black. I love it. But, we'll see, there's a lot of irons in the fire right now that have priority over another $20,000 motorcycle. Who knows though... anything can happen. I'm going to go look at it tomorrow and talk business. They wondered if I had a trade in and I said no. But I did tell them I had a 2006 FXD35, and the salesman wanted me to ride that over so they could "see it." Yeah, they probably would like to rape me on it and trade it in. They know they're getting more rare by the year, and valuable. They could probably sell it quick too. Well, that ain't gonna happen.
Just so you know what they think it's worth, they will offer you right about 75% of fair market value.

Today is National Buttermilk Biscuit Day. Good way to celebrate is with breakfast...
941_biscuit_day.jpg

Umm....I wish I had one of those RAT NOW!!!! :thup:

Going to visit my granddaughter in awhile and I know where we are going to first, McDonald's

That looks good.
McDonald's has the steak, egg and cheese biscuit sandwich which is one of their better items on the breakfast menu.

@ Ollie: Congratulations. :eusa_clap:

@ Jughead: Stop talking about food so much. You're making me hungry. :D

I knew going in that owning a bar would bring a certain amount of drama into my life, but had no inkling I would have to deal with what I did last night.
About 10 PM a fairly regular customer; a gorgeous blond lady, about 30 comes in crying her eyes out and takes my wife aside. I'm not too close to the conversation, but hear my wife mention something about a kit and police.
I was, at that point clearing off the poker tables and washing coffee cups and such after the game when the wife came over and said that I needed to take the young lady to the hospital and wait for the police.
It seems she had been raped.... by of all people, her father. I brought her the the emergency room and stayed with her until the police got there and she was taken away for an exam and rape kit.
She was back at the police station with detectives this afternoon and an arrest is pending.

I'm no longer homicidal, but last night, I'm sure I was not a joy to be around.
I'm so sorry, Ernie. I hope her attacker gets put away for a long time, and that she heals in every way possible. What a heinous way to have to grow up. :(

On the sunny side, kudos. I'm glad she had people like you and Mrs. Ernie to help her through that experience. Hopefully that kind of crime won't happen to many other people in the future.

She should have already been grown up. I just hope she is grown up enough to testify sufficiently to have him put away for good. It does seem that there is a current trend though for judges to give lenient sentences to rapists and other sex offenders. I think they should all be confined to a heavily guarded desert island somehwere for life where they can do whatever to each other. But that's just me.
From what I hear, this isn't his first offense of a sex crime. He will likely die in prison.

Oh, I picked a gallon of blackberries the other day... some cobbler for the steady crew here... :) One thing about our ankle-annoyer blackberry vines here in the Piney Woods of Texas, they're extra zingy! :)

96546293_9.jpg
.​
.​
enjoy!​

I so want some of that.
The stuff I made was made with a lot less sugar, the berries were very ripe, but it turned out a little runny since I shorted the thickening too. My husband is prediabetic, so I'm learning to do desserts a whole 'nuther way. Things have a taste of their own without salt (high blood pressure annoyer) and sugar (diabetic anathema) and flour (glycemic index knockout). I should have just washed and served the berries, but I've learned to cook everything with so many birds having diseases in recent years. They love us because we try to keep the feeders full every other day, so they keep the air full of songs.

They used to have blackberry cobbler for sale in the Walmart's here, but last year we had a drought and haven't seen them. The fresh ones are $5.00 or more for 4 oz. here. It's crazy, but they can get a lot for them with the emphasis high antioxidant foods are in the jet set circle that doesn't include people on fixed incomes. *sigh*

Even though messy, our berries had a real zing and tasted quite good. I hope other areas have plump, good, juicy blackberries for people to enjoy who live northerly of Walker County, Piney Woods, Texas. :)

I'm so sorry, Ernie. I hope her attacker gets put away for a long time, and that she heals in every way possible. What a heinous way to have to grow up. :(

On the sunny side, kudos. I'm glad she had people like you and Mrs. Ernie to help her through that experience. Hopefully that kind of crime won't happen to many other people in the future.

She should have already been grown up. I just hope she is grown up enough to testify sufficiently to have him put away for good. It does seem that there is a current trend though for judges to give lenient sentences to rapists and other sex offenders. I think they should all be confined to a heavily guarded desert island somehwere for life where they can do whatever to each other. But that's just me.
From what I hear, this isn't his first offense of a sex crime. He will likely die in prison.
People who initiate incest with their own child have a very sick brain that lacks remorse due to a disconnect over self-control in the endocrine system, if I remember correctly. There is no known cure, because most of them don't have enough connection to continue on their temporary-fix meds. Until a cure is found, they need to supervised constantly to prevent self-inflicted harm or harm to someone smaller than them.

The result of that problem in their brain makes most people want to throw up.

Last edited:
One of those thunderstorms best called a good old fashioned gully washer rolled through about an hour ago. We had hail the size of a two year old's fist and rain to match. Nothing got seriously dinged or cracked here or at my family's homes, but the tulips got wiped out. The best ten day tulip run I've had as a backyard gardener!

With the blossoms blown away I can get the beds cleared and plant for the summer.

Okay, you're crazy.

This has been an USMB PSA.

:eusa_angel:
I'd just be adding to my stable... :D

20130912_162323_zps2187c1ff.jpg

If you divide the number of wheels by 2 and don't come up with an even number it doesn't have enough wheels on it to suit me. Like airplanes. If you divide the number of engines by 2 and don't come up with an even number the plane is way to small for me to get in.
You do realize that most airplanes have an odd number of wheels.

FB message from my grandson who is currently serving in the 10th mountain Division.

10322627_756048041082777_2674225938933354301_n.jpg

That's a fine looking boy, Ollie. Some day he'll be a great sailor!

Somehow I just don't think so.....Soldier more than likely, President very possibly, but sailor, never....

Sailors aren't half bad.

More like 99% bad.

BBD likes dogs.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_Exf1NDWeY]Russ Morgan - Dogface Soldier - 45 RPM - YouTube[/ame]

I'm rejoicing with the good stuff today and mourning Nosmo's tulips. He just posgted those pics of those beautiful tulips. And DT still hasn't logged in today. I'm thinking he needs some positive healing vibes folks.

Anybody seen this video? A cat saves it's little boy sibling from a dog attack. Very cool!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYJk1LTqZIA]Hero Cat Saves Young Boy From Dog Attack In Bakersfield | Saves Child CCTV VIDEO Kid - YouTube[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back