USMB American tour.

There is some beautiful country all over these United States. Wherever you go...good luck and have fun!

Dont I know it!
The last time I took off for lands unknown I ended up running the wagon trails of the southwestern deserts.
Cool as hell seeing the springs and stops of the settlers.

You have to go where you and your wife wants to retire at, it's a big country, full of cool things and cool people..

Yep...
I loved the southwest!!!
I actually drove on the trails through the desert the settlers used. It required extra gas in five gallon cans to make the trip.
Intro to the Old Spanish Trail

Interesting take the old pony express trail in Arizona..it was long, no damn Walmart, McDonald's, or a gas station for like 60 miles..

The trip through the desert on trails took three days.
You went from salt flats to mountain trails through passes.
The temps ran from 100 plus during the day to the mid 30's at night.

Those old timers that founded our country had balls of steal, I was just by the Cumberland gap and thinking how they did it on horse back and I am in a pick up truck on the interstate doing 70 mph.

Those old timers that founded our country had balls of steal, I was just by the Cumberland gap and thinking how they did it on horse back and I am in a pick up truck on the interstate doing 70 mph.

I hear ya!
It was cool as hell seeing the wheel cuts in the limestone from the wagons.
You'd hit springs in the middle of the desert and there were holes in the rock where the indians ground corn.
Carvings in the limestone were common from the settlers along the way.

I did a walk about in the southwest a few years back.
Got in the truck and ended up in southern California via New mexico,Nevada and Colorado.
Good times...

Well the high desert in New Mexico offers wide vistas with mountain backdrops, skies so blue it hurts your eyes to look at them, extreme summer heat is rare, extreme winter cold is rare. Earthquakes, tornadoes, pretty much non existent. Even rain is rare. Throw in a lot of history, cultural delights, great food, and always something to see or do, and it has been a great place to visit. Or retire. :)

The game was big and plentiful I assume, but still sleeping outdoors at night and had to be the same as today.. now I wish I could go back 200 hundred years and seen what they saw..

Got in the truck and ended up in southern California via New mexico,Nevada and Colorado.
Good times...

Well the high desert in New Mexico offers wide vistas with mountain backdrops, skies so blue it hurts your eyes to look at them, extreme summer heat is rare, extreme winter cold is rare. Earthquakes, tornadoes, pretty much non existent. Even rain is rare. Throw in a lot of history, cultural delights, great food, and always something to see or do, and it has been a great place to visit. Or retire. :)

Agreed.
The desert is a magical place and it really isnt all desert.
You'll find all kinds of places with water if you look.

The game was big and plentiful I assume, but still sleeping outdoors at night and had to be the same as today.. now I wish I could go back 200 hundred years and seen what they saw..

Yeah...I sometimes wish I was born in the days of the settlers.
Just imagine seeing Yellowstone for the first time.
It'd be worth having to kill a few Indians to be the first.

There is some beautiful country all over these United States. Wherever you go...good luck and have fun!

Dont I know it!
The last time I took off for lands unknown I ended up running the wagon trails of the southwestern deserts.

You have to go where you and your wife wants to retire at, it's a big country, full of cool things and cool people..

Yep...
I loved the southwest!!!
I actually drove on the trails through the desert the settlers used. It required extra gas in five gallon cans to make the trip.
Jornada del Muerto Trail - Dead Man's Journey Trail - DesertUSA

Dont I know it!

Yep...
I loved the southwest!!!
Jornada del Muerto Trail - Dead Man's Journey Trail - DesertUSA

Time to take another walk about.....
I'm usually gone for at least a month. I'm lucky to have a wife who understands my need to explore.

Maybe hook up the SxS and see what your area has to offer when it comes to wilderness trails?

There are some wilderness trails you ain't prepared to ride, pard...

Trust me...there aint a trail I wont try.
I've done the hammers,of course it was at a leisurely time and not racing.
I've also made Mr. January in the All Pro calendar.
I'm very familiar with off roading.

Maybe hook up the SxS and see what your area has to offer when it comes to wilderness trails?

There are some wilderness trails you ain't prepared to ride, pard...

Trust me...there aint a trail I wont try.
I've done the hammers,of course it was at a leisurely time and not racing.
I've also made Mr. January in the All Pro calendar.
I'm very familiar with off roading.

I'd post picks but for some reason I get a cartoon pick with an x through it these days.

Good times...

I hope to get more info from you at a later date,
The wife and I are looking to retire in the southwest.

Thinking about a U.S.M.B. tour of America.
Of course I wouldnt be able to cover the entire U.S. at once,that would come when the wife retires.
Thinking about regions,maybe the Southwest or the Southeast.

I get a case of the wanderlust sometimes and just hit the road for the hell of it.
Anyone want to meet up if I did so?

Leftist included....
candycorn highly recommends the beautiful state of Missouri.

Forum List

Back