USMB Age Test

I remember when Hwy 1960 was a quite country road we used to bypass Houston.

Now the cities and 'burbs are eating up all the best of Texas, like Atlanta did to NWGA.
Nah... Texas is still mostly empty it just seems like it's being eaten up when you are within an hour's drive of the big cities. Go a bit further down the highway, or get off the highway and it's still wide open country.

A UT graduate, I left Texas and never looked back.

Austin is so Californicated it disgust me.

I tried to take my kids to Zilker Park, and there were geriatric queers in thongs playing Frisbee.

My kids are inheriting ranch land in another part of Texas; I might go visit them when they move; otherwise, I have no use for the place.

Yeah,sadly enough you dont want to live in Austin.
It's depressing what they've done to that town.
Yeah Austin's weird. But there are a dozen fantastic towns to live in around it. The libs like to congregate in large cities.
Thing is, sprawl goes out to Marble Falls, Rockdale, and San Marcos.

I think 20 million people have been added to Texas since I graduated.

Yeah but it's still pretty much empty. Just a bit more crowded around the big cities. You have to be willing to move once every 15years or so to keep out in front of the herd leaving the hell holes.

The city pretty much ate my small town outside of Houston over the years.
A couple more years and the wife and I are heading back to the boonies.

Now the cities and 'burbs are eating up all the best of Texas, like Atlanta did to NWGA.
Nah... Texas is still mostly empty it just seems like it's being eaten up when you are within an hour's drive of the big cities. Go a bit further down the highway, or get off the highway and it's still wide open country.

I tried to take my kids to Zilker Park, and there were geriatric queers in thongs playing Frisbee.

My kids are inheriting ranch land in another part of Texas; I might go visit them when they move; otherwise, I have no use for the place.

I went to UT when they still had some of the massive old wooden buildings.

The sound of people clip-clopping on those old wooden floors during night classes, when few people were on campus, has stayed with me over 40 years.

I date the decline of Austin to 3 for $1 Old Milwaukee Quarts and the rise of "Progressive Country Music".

Pretty much nailed it. I remember roaming the hill country when there weren't "Ranchets" everywhere you looked.

Yeah Austin's weird. But there are a dozen fantastic towns to live in around it. The libs like to congregate in large cities.
Thing is, sprawl goes out to Marble Falls, Rockdale, and San Marcos.

I think 20 million people have been added to Texas since I graduated.

Yeah,we use to hang out at the slab in Marble Falls back when it was a small town. Still go out there to go off roading occasionally.

Its the San Francisco of Texas now.
Makes me sick.

A former friend owns a club on 6th Street, and was cutting edge in creating that scene.

Former friend!

I have had some fun on 6th street. I liked it back when it was just a college town and it didnt have that funky attitude like it does now.
And you nailed it with the progressive country being the start of it.
I still have a problem wrapping my head around the whole idea of the cross between country and liberalism...blasphemy.

The sound of people clip-clopping on those old wooden floors during night classes, when few people were on campus, has stayed with me over 40 years.

I date the decline of Austin to 3 for $1 Old Milwaukee Quarts and the rise of "Progressive Country Music".

Pretty much nailed it. I remember roaming the hill country when there weren't "Ranchets" everywhere you looked.
When a rancher sells out I'd rather it be to sub-divided mini ranches than a zero lot line neighborhood.

Who is this
Fembot02.jpg

Robot on The Wild Wild west?
nope
Six million dollar man. One of those fembots.

When a rancher sells out I'd rather it be to sub-divided mini ranches than a zero lot line neighborhood.

There is that.
But man the Hillcountry has changed over the last thirty years.
You have to go out to Junction on I-10 before you can find some true solitude.
I still kick myself in the ass for selling my place on the S. Llano.

Makes me sick.

A former friend owns a club on 6th Street, and was cutting edge in creating that scene.

Former friend!

I have had some fun on 6th street. I liked it back when it was just a college town and it didnt have that funky attitude like it does now.
I still have a problem wrapping my head around the whole idea of the cross between country and liberalism...blasphemy.
Started with Progressive Country, now, we have that Cowboy Poetry Festival of Harry Reid's, up on Brokeback Mountain.

I tell ya, hippies on beer was the beginning of the end.

My kids will inherit a remnant of a ranch that was once over 100,000 acres on the Guadalupe.

Been in the family since before the Revolution.

There is that.
But man the Hillcountry has changed over the last thirty years.
You have to go out to Junction on I-10 before you can find some true solitude.
I still kick myself in the ass for selling my place on the S. Llano.
You just have to go to one of the dark spots on this map:

XMas-Texas-lights-CROP_edited-1.jpg

Makes me sick.

Former friend!

Started with Progressive Country, now, we have that Cowboy Poetry Festival of Harry Reid's, up on Brokeback Mountain.

Then you have this kind of shit..what an embarrassment.

Makes me sick.

Former friend!

Was that supposed to be some modern siren from the Iliad?

My kids will inherit a remnant of a ranch that was once over 100,000 acres on the Guadalupe.

Been in the family since before the Revolution.

Thats some nice country!
The guy across the S. Llano from me had 10,000 acres and 8 miles of river frontage.
A leading member of the lucky sperm club:lol:right there!
Him and his wife lived in the main house built in the early 1800's All made of stone and built to defend against indians. Very Cool place!
They lease out half of it to deer hunters and grazing rights and basically hang out and do whatever they want.
God I'm jealous!!!

Makes me sick.

Former friend!

Was that supposed to be some modern siren from the Iliad?

All I need to know is it's a prada store near Marfa.
That shit just ain't right.

six million dollar woman

That one's kinda obscure.
Was she some kind of villain? I seem to vaguely remember something like that.
The twelve million dollar couple had a couple run ins with the bots. Why stop at bionic implants when you can have a bionic robot?

six million dollar woman

Actually when I saw that posted, I knew it wasn't this but this is what I thought of:

vlcsnap-2010-07-25-21h58m13s121.png

Who can identify where that comes from?

Robot on The Wild Wild west?
nope
six million dollar woman

Actually when I saw that posted, I knew it wasn't this but this is what I thought of:

Westworld?

six million dollar woman

Westworld?

Bzzt.
"Westworld"? Never heard of it...

OK hint -- here she is before she gets shot in the face:

Twilight-Zone-The-Lonely-1.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back