Using the IRS as a political weapon

We all saw how Obama and the Dims targeted conservatives using the IRS. Nothing was done other than an apology and back to business as usual, however, Trump seems to want to play the same games

President Trump attacks NFL's 'massive tax breaks' on Twitter

Now he wants to target the liberal powers that be within the NFL to take away their tax breaks.
and get all those billionaires that contributed to him to say now go F yourself trump??

We all saw how Obama and the Dims targeted conservatives using the IRS. Nothing was done other than an apology and back to business as usual, however, Trump seems to want to play the same games

President Trump attacks NFL's 'massive tax breaks' on Twitter

Now he wants to target the liberal powers that be within the NFL to take away their tax breaks.
and get all those billionaires that contributed to him to say now go F yourself trump??

Trump ran on next to no money, and beat Hillary who spent about a trillion dollars.

"...the NFL’s tax-exempt status prior to 2015 applied only to the league central office, which handles the administrative side of the game. The 32 teams themselves, private organizations, all pay tax as normal. Anyway, in 2015, the league office voluntarily gave up its tax-exempt status.

If Trump was making a point about using taxpayers’ money for shiny new billion-dollar arenas, he might have a point. The NFL may have many questions to answer, but its teams do pay taxes. As The New York Times pointed out, any change to the way the NFL pays tax would be “more about symbolism than impact.” Trump, of course, spent in the region of $250,000 flying Pence to Indianapolis on Sunday, apparently to make a political statement."

Is Trump right about the NFL getting tax breaks?

Btw what law did Lois Lerner break when using political sounding names as part of the criteria when choosing which organizations to verify?

Not even close to the same thing. Not even remotely

Why?
One is a massive fraud perpetrated on the taxpayer, the other is Christian values being targeted by the government.

Regardless, innocent Americans are left out to dry and wronged.

I sometimes wonder if the government really cares about the revenue given to them by the IRS. After all, what they spend in no way is dictated to what they bring in as the run trillion dollar deficits with $20 trillion dollar plus debt.

No, I think the issue is control. You control people with the IRS by rewarding your tools and punishing your critics. In this light, both offenses by Obama and Trump are the same.

Why?
One is a massive fraud perpetrated on the taxpayer, the other is Christian values being targeted by the government.

I sometimes wonder if the government really cares about the revenue given to them by the IRS. After all, what they spend in no way is dictated to what they bring in as the run trillion dollar deficits with $20 trillion dollar plus debt.

No, I think the issue is control. You control people with the IRS by rewarding your tools and punishing your critics. In this light, both offenses by Obama and Trump are the same.
NFL owners getting subsidized are innocent Americans?

Where the hell is my subsidy for my business then?

"...the NFL’s tax-exempt status prior to 2015 applied only to the league central office, which handles the administrative side of the game. The 32 teams themselves, private organizations, all pay tax as normal. Anyway, in 2015, the league office voluntarily gave up its tax-exempt status.

If Trump was making a point about using taxpayers’ money for shiny new billion-dollar arenas, he might have a point. The NFL may have many questions to answer, but its teams do pay taxes. As The New York Times pointed out, any change to the way the NFL pays tax would be “more about symbolism than impact.” Trump, of course, spent in the region of $250,000 flying Pence to Indianapolis on Sunday, apparently to make a political statement."

Btw what law did Lois Lerner break when using political sounding names as part of the criteria when choosing which organizations to verify?

Sure he has a point. Why should anyone be exempt from the IRS?

Trouble is, if you make everyone pay the IRS, who will provide politicians with boat loads of money to have perks?

It would destroy the entire US political system of governance by treating everyone as equals.

Why?

If you create a lobby group that gives trillions of dollars to the government you would have your subsidy.

Slacker.

If you are going to target only certain segments of society for taxation, the system wrongs those who are targeted.

Actually, the IRS scandal was not found to be directed by Obama, after Republican investigation.

Trump is saying this out of his own mouth.

Lets compare indicting Obama for the IRS scandal to indicting Trump for the Russian one if we are going to willy nilly tires on necks without any legal foundation.

Why?

If you create a lobby group that gives trillions of dollars to the government you would have your subsidy.

Slacker.
Clever.

You get my point. I pay takes to support my government not the NFL or oil barons.
It's time to reign in the wasteful spending. Past time

Actually, the IRS scandal was not found to be directed by Obama, after Republican investigation.

Lets compare indicting Obama for the IRS scandal to indicting Trump for the Russian one if we are going to willy nilly tires on necks without any legal foundation.

Indeed. It was investigated by who again? Oh, that's right, Obama and his cronies.

Too bad all those computers were destroyed with no one able to trace their e-mails like the government can with all of us.

Slacker.
Clever.

You get my point. I pay takes to support my government not the NFL or oil barons.

You pay taxes to the government, not those in government.

Therefore, you are lower than a worm.

Slacker.
Clever.

You pay taxes to the government, not those in government.

Therefore, you are lower than a worm.
My bad I mistook this for a serious thread. I'll leave you to it then....

Indeed. It was investigated by who again? Oh, that's right, Obama and his cronies.

Too bad all those computers were destroyed with no one able to trace their e-mails like the government can with all of us.
Sounds like you have a loose grasp of what actually happened. Most of the emails were recovered, and Gowdy and Issa and that whole clown car led the investigation.

Theyre not Democrats.

They found fault where there was fault, and they didnt find it with Obama.

But you did.

Somewhere.

Without seeing it. Cuz......thats how that works, huh?

Sure he has a point. Why should anyone be exempt from the IRS?

Trouble is, if you make everyone pay the IRS, who will provide politicians with boat loads of money to have perks?

It would destroy the entire US political system of governance by treating everyone as equals.

The IRS has nothing to do with the local decisions about sport stadiums. The only exemption given by the Feds to the NFL were voluntarily given up in 2015 and only applied to the league office. Individual teams and players have always paid federal taxes.

But it is a nice shiny object for the rubes to marvel over.........

President Fucking Moron is failing to uphold the Constitution and is abusing his power by attacking one of America's most successful businesses. I think he should be fired.

Forum List

Back