US Seeks To Imprison Single Mother

CaféAuLait;1903181 said:
CaféAuLait;1903035 said:
Her mother had to sign the FCP as well as her daughter. Read here:

What About the Children? (Page 2)

From your article:

Read more: Army charges single mom who refused deployment

Are you telling me it does not seem suspicious to you that her Mom can care for 14 other children a day but not her grandson, one she signed on the dotted line to do? Why can't she drop one or two of the 14 other children she cares for to care for her grandson? Not to mention this soldier was already granted an extension last year to find care. Where is the boy’s father too?

The Rag Blog: A Morally Bankrupt Military : Spc. Alexis Hutchinson and Pvt. Paul Rich

Adding we are only hearing this soldiers side. There are always two sides.

If GrandMom had so much going on caring for 17 people as she states in your article then she should not have signed the FCP and her daughter should have been discharged in '08 when she got pregnant. Or daughter should have asked someone else.

The reason the plan fell through is irrelevant. For whatever reason, her mother returned the child to her after keeping him for two weeks. When this happened she informed her COC and all she asked was more time to find a replacement. She was not permanently refusing deployment. She was refusing to leave her son with strangers and would have deployed when she found a replacement. Under the circumstances that seemed reasonable.

She was given an extension once already to find care.

Mom chooses son over service - CNN.com

And curve light's stance is now completely blown away

1) the kid was 10 months old at the time of deployment.
2) the parent of a small child is obliged to have on file with the military authorities a plan for child care in the even of deployments. This woman did have a plan, but the person who was supposed to take care of the kid backed out at the last minute. Poor planning on her part should not be a problem for other folks.

I think she should have had a better plan for childcare, like she was supposed to.

The army did giver her another option (Foster care) which she refused.

What Baruch is saying is what I remember, except when I had a possibility of deploying and my wife also, we had to have TWO back up plans, not just one person. Maybe that has changed?

She MISSED a movement. The others in her position did not refuse orders they showed up and worked something out. If she had shown up at deployment with her child they would have worked something out. SHE refused to show up and went AWOL and MISSED a movement.

Both serious offenses.

Just look at the stats on enlistees and how the military has lowered it's standards for recruitment.

Facts are facts.

Now by no means are all enlistees losers on the outside, but they are there.

1) the kid was 10 months old at the time of deployment.
2) the parent of a small child is obliged to have on file with the military authorities a plan for child care in the even of deployments. This woman did have a plan, but the person who was supposed to take care of the kid backed out at the last minute. Poor planning on her part should not be a problem for other folks.

I think she should have had a better plan for childcare, like she was supposed to.

The army did giver her another option (Foster care) which she refused.

What Baruch is saying is what I remember, except when I had a possibility of deploying and my wife also, we had to have TWO back up plans, not just one person. Maybe that has changed?

Exactly the same as my wife (now ex-wife) was also active duty when we had our first child

And from my friends that are still in, it has not changed at all

Yes.. because passing the ASVAB means someone is unqualified to do work anywhere else

When the shit hits the fan he'll be first in line screaming for someone from the military to come to his aid...

Then why do we have the No. 1 all volunteer military force in the WORLD in HISTORY?

What a complete asswipe.

Then go to the sites and check on the military helping you to get your GED.

Yep.. and you can take classes or buy ASVAB study guides... but the military has requirements for employment... and those in the military are definitely qualified to work in other careers.. not all are going to be rocket scientists, but meeting the requirements for the military (even the minimum requirements) does not mean that they cannot make it anywhere else or do anything else

Again... your ignorant and warped opinion is not fact

Nothing wrong with getting a GED. Those require 5 long ass tests that test your knowledge and certify you as the same as a high school graduate if you can pass all 5.

I got my GED when I was 17. Hated school. Scored a 98 on the ASVAB as well.

Nothing wrong with getting a GED. Those require 5 long ass tests that test your knowledge and certify you as the same as a high school graduate if you can pass all 5.

And you retired in the military.

I hated school as well, but hung in there and graduated in the top 20% of my class.
Got drafted while in electronics school. The military in their infinite wisdom put me in infantry. Learning how to kill in multiple ways sure did help my career in electronics. ;)
I found I hated the military worse than HS.
Came out and finished school and got a job in the private sector.
When I quit working about 1 yr ago I was making $75/hr as a consultant.

Last edited:

And my younger brother took the GED, went in the military, got out and now works as a camera man for a TV station.... and by golly, scored low on the ASVAB and was infantry... gosh, I never knew making good enough money to buy a house, car, provide for kids, etc was considered 'not being able to make it'

Face it.. your opinion is not 'fact'... what it is, is ignorant

I hated school as well, but hung in there and graduated in the top 20% of my class.
Got drafted while in electronics school. The military in their infinite wisdom put me in infantry. Learning how to kill in multiple ways sure did help my career in electronics. ;)
Came out and finished school and got a job in the private sector.
When I quit working about 1 yr ago I was making $75/hr as a consultant.

So what if he retired in the military. It does not mean that you are not smart.

Look at ones GT score and the education one gets in the military. Take 13F for one, it is a highly skilled position which requires one to be exceptionally intelligent .

Geospatial Information and Services MOS 21 Y a friend of mine just got out (after 8 years) and is making 97.5K a year with much room for advancement because of what he was taught in the ARMY. Came in with nothing but a GED.

Forum List

Back