US Scientist warn of dire consequences of Climate Change

One in which the rate of change is does not exceed the speed in which we can change our infrastructure.
Jeez, Rocks in just 5 month the temperature here plunged 70 degrees. Are you saying we can tolerate 70, but 71 will collapse civilization?
Just think in about 5 more months the temperature is going to rise......again...Oh my!!!!

...and yet, another conspiracy theorist who does not know the difference between "weather' and "climate".

Eventually weather becomes climate.

Wow! That's DEEP!

Actually the point here is that it's not deep and it takes very few words to demonstrate how ridiculous the so-called immutable scientific conclusions really are.

Jo

Jeez, Rocks in just 5 month the temperature here plunged 70 degrees. Are you saying we can tolerate 70, but 71 will collapse civilization?
Just think in about 5 more months the temperature is going to rise......again...Oh my!!!!

...and yet, another conspiracy theorist who does not know the difference between "weather' and "climate".

Wow! That's DEEP!

Actually the point here is that it's not deep and it takes very few words to demonstrate how ridiculous the so-called immutable scientific conclusions really are.

Jo
I think that the point is more along the lines of,":What type of mentality is willing to drink Trump's Cool-aid?."

Wrong.

‘The Trump administration has proven time and again that it ignores science, including the recently released, Congressionally-mandated National Climate Assessment, which found "no convincing alternative explanation" for climate change over the past 100 years other than "human activities, especially emissions of greenhouse gases."

NASA makes this distinction: "weather is what conditions of the atmosphere are over a short period of time, and climate is how the atmosphere 'behaves' over relatively long periods of time."’

Trump Tweets About the Bitter Cold and Global Warming, Confusing Weather and Climate | The Weather Channel

Note to Breitbart: Earth Is Not Cooling, Climate Change Is Real and Please Stop Using Our Video to Mislead Americans | The Weather Channel

Seriously
If weather =/= climate, why do the warmers always cite the latest weather story as "proof" of the Manmade Global climate warming change theory????

Actually, C.C. Jones just posted the opposite of that. Where do you get your information?

So you guys dont blame every weather story on Global warming???

Perhaps you should read C. C. Jones post again. In the meantime, here is another post that has nothing to do with weather:

Norfolk Requires Developers To Do More Against Flooding

Seriously, until geo-engineering is acknowledged and factored into the equation and it's part in weather modification and global dimming? I don't give even so much as a fly's fart off of a bald butcher's wig as to what the IPCC (that works at the leisure of the U.N and Club Of Rome) has to say.......I KNOW what the end game is and you don't.

Gaia will not be happy! :)

Wow! That's DEEP!

Jo
I think that the point is more along the lines of,":What type of mentality is willing to drink Trump's Cool-aid?."

The drink is being offered from the so-called scientific community if anything Trump is encouraging people not to drink it.

Perhaps the most pungent flavor of Kool-Aid available today is the 95% consensus lie.
Are you still believing that? Then your Styrofoam cup has nothing but a few grape colored droplets left in it.

Jo

Wow! That's DEEP!

Jo
We keep hearing people like this idiot who thinks Global Warming is causing the IceCaps to melt yet time and again they are proven wrong. So another example of 3rd grade science going to be presented...and ignored.

Snowstorm grounds more than 1,000 flights, snarling post-Thanksgiving travel
Snowstorm grounds hundreds of flights, snarling post-Thanksgiving travel
  • The storm hit Chicago Sunday night and is expected to bring low visibility and high winds.
  • More than 900 flights were grounded from Chicago's major airports.
  • Chicago O'Hare is a hub of both United and American Airlines.
  • So for the Icecaps(ice must be 32 degrees) to melt the temperatures must be above 32 degrees. Now in the Midwest we have snow (32 degrees) blanketing the whole area. So where does this 32 degrees come from if the IceCaps are melting? I never get a straight answer from the libtards, just denial, denial, denial...
  • melting ice: because the initial temperature of the ice is 0 degrees Celsius(32 degrees F), it will take heat from the hot water and melt. 2. warming water: after the ice has melted, it leaves behind water at 0 degrees Celsius(32 degrees F) that must be warmed by the hot water that surrounds it to the final temperature of the mixture Tf.

Experiment: Heat of Fusion (Hf) for Water Questions and ...
    quizlet.com/77319945/experiment-heat-of-fusion-hf-for-water-flash-cards/

Wow! That's DEEP!

Jo
We keep hearing people like this idiot who thinks Global Warming is causing the IceCaps to melt yet time and again they are proven wrong. So another example of 3rd grade science going to be presented...and ignored.

• The storm hit Chicago Sunday night and is expected to bring low visibility and high winds.
  • So for the Icecaps(ice must be 32 degrees) to melt the temperatures must be above 32 degrees. Now in the Midwest we have snow (32 degrees) blanketing the whole area. So where does this 32 degrees come from if the IceCaps are melting? I never get a straight answer from the libtards, just denial, denial, denial...
  • melting ice: because the initial temperature of the ice is 0 degrees Celsius(32 degrees F), it will take heat from the hot water and melt. 2. warming water: after the ice has melted, it leaves behind water at 0 degrees Celsius(32 degrees F) that must be warmed by the hot water that surrounds it to the final temperature of the mixture Tf.

This is going to be hard for you to believe, Jim, but NASA has also pretty much proven that the earth is not flat. I understand that you will go through a few decades of denial about that, before you accept it.

Wow! That's DEEP!

Jo

This is going to be hard for you to believe, Jim, but NASA has also pretty much proven that the earth is not flat. I understand that you will go through a few decades of denial about that, before you accept it.

Ooooops.....must have missed the memo s0n....NASA also recently claimed the data showing the earth cooling over the past 24 months.

Doy

Global Warming: Media Ignore Sharp Drop In Global Temperatures Over Past Two Years

C'mon now....gotta stay up to speed on stuff if you are going to post in here. Cant be going on an established narrative over 10 years old.:gay::gay:

Last edited:

Wow! That's DEEP!

Jo

So you are saying that the SCIENCE of melting ICE is wrong? Because some consensus scientists who are paid by governments say it is? No wonder you assholes think a man with a dick, balls and boobs are females, and should be allowed to pee in the same room as little girls...Just cant fix stupidity...

I confess that I am bewildered that anyone could possibly believe Trump about this, or any other issue. The only thing that is believable about Trump is that he is a pathological liar, and an ignorant narcissist. His education is about the 5th grade level, and he can't even understand things like forest fires. But if you guys buy into all of his made up BS, you share the same IQ level of his supporter base out in Kansas and down in Mississippi.

I confess that I am bewildered that anyone could possibly believe Trump about this, or any other issue. The only thing that is believable about Trump is that he is a pathological liar, and an ignorant narcissist. His education is about the 5th grade level, and he can't even understand things like forest fires. But if you guys buy into all of his made up BS, you share the same IQ level of his supporter base out in Kansas and down in Mississippi.
I noticed that you totally ignored my response about consensus science and the ice melt at 32 degrees. Go figure. If his education is 5th grade you losers cant even pass kindergarten..

liberal-playbook-1-ignore-facts-that-hurt-your-position-2-5254180.png

Wow! That's DEEP!

Jo

So you are saying that the SCIENCE of melting ICE is wrong? Because some consensus scientists who are paid by governments say it is? No wonder you assholes think a man with a dick, balls and boobs are females, and should be allowed to pee in the same room as little girls...Just cant fix stupidity...

You seem to be suggesting that if it is below freezing in the American midwest, it cannot be above freezing in the Arctic. I'm sorry, but that's one of the stupidest things I've heard in a good long while.

why does the right only promote the general warfare and not the general welfare?

only one is in our Constitution.

upgrading infrastructure can help solve for some of these issues.

and, reduce costs to the private sector in the process.

Jo

You seem to be suggesting that if it is below freezing in the American midwest, it cannot be above freezing in the Arctic. I'm sorry, but that's one of the stupidest things I've heard in a good long while.
Oh, really? I guess you went to public education(indoctrination) as when I recall in school, to be freezing, it needed to be below 32 degrees, and to be melting it had to be above 32 degrees.. So where did the POLAR VORTEX get its FREEZE from? Mars? Dont try patronize me punk, I have more intelligence I my little finger than you ever will...

Than I guess I should be wary of disagreeing with your little finger.

The Rossby waves of the Polar vortex get their "freeze" from the Arctic.

rossby.waves.jpg

Than I guess I should be wary of disagreeing with your little finger.

The Rossby waves of the Polar vortex get their "freeze" from the Arctic.

rossby.waves.jpg
No lets do a quick science project here.

Your refrigerator has a ice machine that works in the Freezer section of it. Got it? Okay if you lower the temperature of the freezer to 32 degrees and leave water in it, what happens? It freezes right?

Okay, now we all know that the Polar Ice Caps have been melting for 13 years and we can sail all over it, because that is what your liberal elites have been saying all this time.
So if you unplug your refrigerator from the outlet and let stand for 13 years, what does the ICE do? It melts.

So we have above 32 degree temperatures in the ICE CAPS, there should be no POLAR VORTEX of freezing temperatures coming from it? Really , a 3rd grader can see this, but then I guess you arent as smart as a 3rd grader...

Jim, you're so lost here I'm not certain where to start. Let's have a look at temperatures in the Arctic last year.

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F423159%2F05398d94-97f6-46c1-940b-6c1f935fcf13.jpg

It's currently November 29th. Arctic temperatures on this date last year were in the neighborhood of -12C (10.4F). If a polar vortex formed at this time, there would be plenty of below-freezing air to chill our little mid-western bones. And note that for slightly over two months last summer, the average temperature WAS above freezing and thus ice WOULD have been melting. Arctic ice extents goes in a cyclical oscillation with the seasons, but as the globe's temperatures have risen, the melt period has grown warmer and longer. More ice gets melted over the summer and less gets refrozen during the winter. The result is a descending oscillation headed towards zero coverage in another ten to fifteen years should the current trend continue.. I would suspect from your comments that you were unaware the Arctic had seasons. Surprise, surprise. Perhaps you should have asked your little finger.

Jim, you're so lost here I'm not certain where to start. Let's have a look at temperatures in the Arctic last year.

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F423159%2F05398d94-97f6-46c1-940b-6c1f935fcf13.jpg

It's currently November 29th. Arctic temperatures on this date last year were in the neighborhood of -12C (10.4F). If a polar vortex formed at this time, there would be plenty of below-freezing air to chill our little mid-western bones. And note that for slightly over two months last summer, the average temperature WAS above freezing and thus ice WOULD have been melting. Arctic ice extents goes in a cyclical oscillation with the seasons, but as the globe's temperatures have risen, the melt period has grown warmer and longer. More ice gets melted over the summer and less gets refrozen during the winter. The result is a descending oscillation headed towards zero coverage in another ten to fifteen years should the current trend continue.. I would suspect from your comments that you were unaware the Arctic had seasons. Surprise, surprise. Perhaps you should have asked your little finger.
But ,. but the ICE CAPS are melting, how can there be any cold up there, after 13 years of warming.... Are you saying that the science has LIED????

Jim, this is the PIOMAS graph. PIOMAS is part of the Polar Science Center of the University of Wshington. They take the satellite images and altimetry data and calculate not just the area covered by ice, but its total volume. Very important. Thick ice is more likely to survive the melt season. Thin ice is more likely to melt. Total volume is a much better measure of how the Arctic is holding up to increasing temperatures. So, here you go:

BPIOMASIceVolumeAprSepCurrent.png

Notice there are two lines, a blue one for April and a red one for September. April, historically, is when Arctic ice cover is greatest (after that long winter). September is when it is lowest (after that short summer). If you look at the scale on the left hand side, you will see that it is not an "anomaly" value that one typically sees on graphs of this nature, but absolute volume. When that red line hits zero, it means zero - NO ICE IN THE ARCTIC. Of course, when it first does so, it will be for a very short period, a day or two perhaps. But, as time goes by and warming continues, the iceless period will get longer and longer. Eventually; no time soon, but eventually, that blue line will hit zero - particularly since we have people who think like you in the White House. Then we will have no Arctic ice at all, all year long. That will cause some very dramatic changes to the weather and the ocean on this planet. As we lose that nice shiny white ice and replace it with dark water, the world will start absorbing even more of the sun's light and the Earth's warming rate will increase even further. Sound good? Ask your little fingers what they think about it.

Forum List

Back