US Navy Reveals What Really Happened in the USS John McCain Catastrophe

I can't wee how two such huge vehicles on an almost empty road can hit each other. I'd have to say it was deliberate. What with all the fag, tranny sickos in the military.

Saw a frightening and disgusting piece on FoxNews this morning when one of the guests pointed out that more US military personnel have died in training in the past year than at the hand of forces we're fighting around the world.

Think of that for a moment.

That is normal during peacetime

No information on what happened was in the article................

Useless.

The Navy has yet to provide a credible explanation of why two modern destroyers with advanced electronics could allow themselves to be hit by a slow moving cargo ship/tanker

Hectic pace and inadequate funding does not explain it

Useless.

The Navy has yet to provide a credible explanation of why two modern destroyers with advanced electronics could allow themselves to be hit by a slow moving cargo ship/tanker

Maybe the Navy is just experiencing a lack of discipline in their training practices and we are seeing an indicator of that

Useless.

Maybe the Navy is just experiencing a lack of discipline in their training practices and we are seeing an indicator of that

How much training does it take for someone to point and say.....There is a big freak'n ship moving into our path

Useless.

How much training does it take for someone to point and say.....There is a big freak'n ship moving into our path
Maybe seaman Bob said, "I hope the first mate sees that." First mate says, "I hope the helm sees that." Helm says, "Why hasn't the skipper ordered a course change?" Skipper says, "What the hell hasn't the helm moved us about?" Whammm!

Useless.

its more like not paying attention, maybe someone was not positioned where they were supposed to be.

Good article. Thanks for sharing.

The budget constraints in turn forced the Navy to move money from their weapons modernization and training accounts in order to fund the current missions, the Daily Mail reported.
Concerning defense in general, the constraint of funds for military research and modernization due to our wars in the Mid-East concerns me. We help ourselves by putting the best equipment out there to support those protecting us.

The budget constraints in turn forced the Navy to move money from their weapons modernization and training accounts in order to fund the current missions, the Daily Mail reported.
Concerning defense in general, the constraint of funds for military research and modernization due to our wars in the Mid-East concerns me. We help ourselves by putting the best equipment out there to support those protecting us.

Bull crap!

They have multi-million dollar radar systems that track all traffic including its speed and bearing
How can you not be aware of a container ship moving at 12 knots?

Saw a frightening and disgusting piece on FoxNews this morning when one of the guests pointed out that more US military personnel have died in training in the past year than at the hand of forces we're fighting around the world.

We always have people dying in training accidents- a tragedy- but one that has always existed.

And totally unrelated to the number who die in combat.

Are we having more people dying in training accidents now? That is the information we would need to know.

And why hasn't the Navy released what actually caused this accident?

The Navy has been able to avoid collisions with other vessels even before there was radar.

Why would anyone believe that 'modernization' is responsible for not keeping an adequate visual or radar watch?

We always have people dying in training accidents- a tragedy- but one that has always existed.

And totally unrelated to the number who die in combat.

Are we having more people dying in training accidents now? That is the information we would need to know.

And why hasn't the Navy released what actually caused this accident?
The military is a dangerous business even when not at War. The Capital ships such as the CVN's, LHD's, etc have morgues on the ships because people die on almost every long term deployment. Not just for accidental death, but for normal causes such as Heart Attacks.

The flight deck is one of the most hazardous environments on these deployments..............just takes not paying attention for a moment to send you home in a bag. It is just reality.

The Navy has been able to avoid collisions with other vessels even before there was radar.

Why would anyone believe that 'modernization' is responsible for not keeping an adequate visual or radar watch?
With the world wide web more people know about the mishaps in the military............You just didn't know what has transpired before............Not everything was reported in the past.

Heavy seas can limit visual abilities, and hamper radar.............but you can't rule out human error as well. Those people serving are our friends, neighbors, and countrymen. I guarantee you they sure as hell didn't want to collide with anyone. I'll wait for the official report.

With the world wide web more people know about the mishaps in the military............You just didn't know what has transpired before............Not everything was reported in the past.

Heavy seas can limit visual abilities, and hamper radar.............but you can't rule out human error as well. Those people serving are our friends, neighbors, and countrymen. I guarantee you they sure as hell didn't want to collide with anyone. I'll wait for the official report.

I agree that certainly no one wanted this to happen- and I am interested to see the final report too. I don't see how this could have been anything but human error- most likely human error on the part of the officers of the ship.

I agree that certainly no one wanted this to happen- and I am interested to see the final report too. I don't see how this could have been anything but human error- most likely human error on the part of the officers of the ship.
There are many watch standers who look at these things...............too many unknowns.

Admiral William Moran, the vice chief of naval operations, said a combination of the hectic pace of military operations along with the military’s tight budget led to the McCain collision, as well as the crash of the USS Fitzgerald in June

That does not explain what happened

That seems like a plea for more funding

Yeah-- a peace time deployment in a ship with the most modern electronics runs into another ship- while we had entire fleets in World War 2 with far more rudimentary radar somehow not running into each other while running blacked out.

I would like to see exactly how these latest two collisions happened. His explanation is far from a honest explanation.
Simple explanation to why it happened:

Diversity in the workplace!

If sailors were killed because of a collision it would have made the news

If sailors were killed because of a collision it would have made the news
Decades ago............nope

Admiral William Moran, the vice chief of naval operations, said a combination of the hectic pace of military operations along with the military’s tight budget led to the McCain collision, as well as the crash of the USS Fitzgerald in June

That does not explain what happened

That seems like a plea for more funding

Yeah-- a peace time deployment in a ship with the most modern electronics runs into another ship- while we had entire fleets in World War 2 with far more rudimentary radar somehow not running into each other while running blacked out.

I would like to see exactly how these latest two collisions happened. His explanation is far from a honest explanation.
Simple explanation to why it happened:

Diversity in the workplace!

Right- because to a Trump voter like yourself- if only it was an all White, male, crew- the collision would not have happened.

Forum List

Back