US military to close 15 bases in Europe

We need to close a lot more than 15 bases in Europe, it is long overdue.
Let those countries provide for their for defense. We also need to expand those closure beyond Europe.
Japan are you listening?
Loved it in Europe. Dumb to close all of them down.... It would cost quite a bit more to ship everything from stateside if we needed to get over there... And that global power global reach would be diminished to the point of nothing. And no response within 24 hours....crazy to do that. Guess you guys have no idea what we do and just say shut it all down......unbelievable.
Why would we need to get over there? All those countries have their own military. As far as having an idea of what you do, sure you are playing the part of the World Police. Not our job.
Well it's funny sure shut it all down. You would see unemployment rates get bigger across the us. Almost everything is affected by it.... Contractors tools furniture. Plastics, clothing, every year the military buys things from the us economy and hires people. Not just bullets and bombs but a revolving account on goods and services. In some way even in the heart of the USA, you will be affected with less money per year. Even if it's bases overseas.
Show me the numbers or am I just to take your word for it?
Not gonna look it up for a chat room. Common sense should tell you that much. Heck near my home town there is a plastic shop, I had no idea they made shit for the military and sure as shit I see buffalo ny stamped on every plastic cap we had and we went through tons of them a year...snap on tools is a huge one. We go through tools like crazy every year we drmo the old tools and get replacements huge and that's not even talking about the furniture construction and paper products that are just used... Not to mention airline fares those would go up a lot more if it wasn't for military contracted flights. It may not take money out if your pocket but you can bet you will be paying more. No other business employs as many people either. For assortments of everything.

Is the
We need to close a lot more than 15 bases in Europe, it is long overdue.
Let those countries provide for their for defense. We also need to expand those closure beyond Europe.
Japan are you listening?
Loved it in Europe. Dumb to close all of them down.... It would cost quite a bit more to ship everything from stateside if we needed to get over there... And that global power global reach would be diminished to the point of nothing. And no response within 24 hours....crazy to do that. Guess you guys have no idea what we do and just say shut it all down......unbelievable.
Why would we need to get over there? All those countries have their own military. As far as having an idea of what you do, sure you are playing the part of the World Police. Not our job.
Well it's funny sure shut it all down. You would see unemployment rates get bigger across the us. Almost everything is affected by it.... Contractors tools furniture. Plastics, clothing, every year the military buys things from the us economy and hires people. Not just bullets and bombs but a revolving account on goods and services. In some way even in the heart of the USA, you will be affected with less money per year. Even if it's bases overseas.
Show me the numbers or am I just to take your word for it?
Not gonna look it up for a chat room. Common sense should tell you that much. Heck near my home town there is a plastic shop, I had no idea they made shit for the military and sure as shit I see buffalo ny stamped on every plastic cap we had and we went through tons of them a year...snap on tools is a huge one. We go through tools like crazy every year we drmo the old tools and get replacements huge and that's not even talking about the furniture construction and paper products that are just used... Not to mention airline fares those would go up a lot more if it wasn't for military contracted flights. It may not take money out if your pocket but you can bet you will be paying more. No other business employs as many people either. For assortments of everything.
is there waste? Sure there is but I know the airforce has adopted programs to cut down on waste, you can buy old tools from drmo, quality deficiency reports for turning in defective products, gold flag that salvages items that would be thrown out, and that's just the few I know about. Sales man from an assortment of companies always selling there wares on bases. It works like this they get a yearly budget they have to use the budget or else they will get the amount they used next year minus what they did not use. So they have to spend it, yes I know it sounds like a waste but it actually isn't especially when you need computers in four years. So they spend the money on furniture tools and items that come up from day to day operations. Needless to say it is really easy to not have enough funds for the whole year.

Forum List

Back