US lawyer for Burisma retroactively registers as a foreign agent as impeachment inquiry escalates

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015

Wow, I bet a lot of people wish they would have been afforded this opportunity.

What happened to NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW?
What? You can register retroactive back to 2016? That is bullsh#t. He needs to be charged. Eight days, I might understand, but eight years and expecting it to have legal effect is definetly BS, to me. Makes it more of a confession to what he should be charged with, more than anything eles. Just sayin...:dunno:

What? You can register retroactive back to 2016? That is bullsh#t. He needs to be charged. Eight days, I might understand, but eight years and expecting it to have legal effect is definetly BS, to me. Makes it more of a confession to what he should be charged with, more than anything eles. Just sayin...:dunno:

It depends on whether he was lobbying the US government on behalf of the foreign company or not. If they didn’t do any work at that time which required them to be registered why would they?

Incidentally, the breathless news that Burisma was under investigation by the Ukrainian government in your “just the news” link, was common knowledge when Joe Biden was sent to the Ukraine to get Shokin fired.

It was also common knowledge that Shokin had simply announced the investigation but had never proceeded with it. Shokin wasn’t fired because he was investigating Brisman, he was fired because he wasn’t investigating Burisma.

It depends on whether he was lobbying the US government on behalf of the foreign company or not. If they didn’t do any work at that time which required them to be registered why would they?

Incidentally, the breathless news that Burisma was under investigation by the Ukrainian government in your “just the news” link, was common knowledge when Joe Biden was sent to the Ukraine to get Shokin fired.

It was also common knowledge that Shokin had simply announced the investigation but had never proceeded with it. Shokin wasn’t fired because he was investigating Brisman, he was fired because he wasn’t investigating Burisma.
I kind of suspect, if they hired them in 2016, it wasn't for them to simply collect retainers for 5 to 8 years, but you could be right, I suppose. That kind of hiring is way above whatever pay grade, I ever had.

I kind of suspect, if they hired them in 2016, it wasn't for them to simply collect retainers for 5 to 8 years, but you could be right, I suppose. That kind of hiring is way above whatever pay grade, I ever had.

Because of all of the fun and excitement around Shokin's firing in 2016, Burisma may have felt that they'd need a law firm in Washington to deal with the feds, if the investigation were to proceed, which it did.

But it wasn't the Americans who investigated, it was the British. Burisma was cleared of the allegations and never charged by the Brits. So they didn't need an American law firm until Republicans started trying to impeach Joe Biden.

Forum List

Back