US just launched missiles into Libya.......

I will say the same thing now i said before.

It's the right thing to do, but until Obama gets authorization from the congress its not right to do.

I dunno trajan...perhaps by resigning and being sent to some haven country for the rest of his life, though i see this very unlikely.

yes, well, the overall point is, there is little reason for us to be doing this especially in the light of Darfur, Bahrain and Yemen.

I am sorry to have to go political but the left spent no little time, print and video telling us all how many terrorists we created by invading iraq, and Saddam was just as bad if not worse than gadaffi.....because; it was a war on.....wait for it; Muslims.

And gadaffi right this moment is using the same to rouse his own sppt., just as the insurrection started in Iraq, we won't have foreign fighters entering Libya to fight wiht qadaffi against the great satan and its euro lackeys? because that is to an extent among the extremists will be seen. And he has plenty of cash on hand to boot.

are we INVADING libya? Troops on the ground, us verses them....war?

I can see your concerns, but I think you could be a little over reacting to dissimilar circumstances....

What made the nofly zone against Iraq NOT a war and make this one a WAR?

What made the "right wing" support the war in iraq due to the UN resolution not being met, thus the USA had to do something?

Care
What Moron said the NFZ in Iraq was not war making? It deffinitavely was as we were still at war with them and opperating under a cease fire.

What happenned in libya was an act of war, which according to the SCOTUS is how you define whether or not you're at war...

we are at war.

an illegal war without congressional authorization.

What we're doing is the right thing to do, but until Obama seeks and gets Conghressional authorization its not right to do.

It's the right thing to do, but until Obama gets authorization from the congress its not right to do.

Congress? We don't need no stinkin Congress. We have the UN.
The UN can only authorize actions of the nation as legitimate and not in contravention of international law. They have no power to authorize the President to make war... only the congress can do that.

The UN can only authorize actions of the nation as legitimate and not in contravention of international law. They have no power to authorize the President to make war... only the congress can do that.

True.

So tell Obama that.

yes, well, the overall point is, there is little reason for us to be doing this especially in the light of Darfur, Bahrain and Yemen.

I am sorry to have to go political but the left spent no little time, print and video telling us all how many terrorists we created by invading iraq, and Saddam was just as bad if not worse than gadaffi.....because; it was a war on.....wait for it; Muslims.

And gadaffi right this moment is using the same to rouse his own sppt., just as the insurrection started in Iraq, we won't have foreign fighters entering Libya to fight wiht qadaffi against the great satan and its euro lackeys? because that is to an extent among the extremists will be seen. And he has plenty of cash on hand to boot.

I can see your concerns, but I think you could be a little over reacting to dissimilar circumstances....

What made the "right wing" support the war in iraq due to the UN resolution not being met, thus the USA had to do something?

Care
What Moron said the NFZ in Iraq was not war making? It deffinitavely was as we were still at war with them and opperating under a cease fire.

What happenned in libya was an act of war, which according to the SCOTUS is how you define whether or not you're at war...

we are at war.

What we're doing is the right thing to do, but until Obama seeks and gets Conghressional authorization its not right to do.

we were NOT at war with them when we had the No fly zone, we were under a cease fire resolution of Iraq and Kuwait brokered by the UN after the Gulf War 1.... the near 10 years of the noflyzone in Iraq were NOT "war" years.

We went to war again against Iraq in 2003...without the Congress voting yea or nay, with 2/3's of both house voting yea... for a Declaration of War, per our constitution.

I don't believe "cease fire" and war is synonymous

WE will end up killing more civilians and call them collateral damage, as in Iraq, Afrghanistan, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, during the genocide of American Indians, during slavery of the Black, experiment on Black with the STD. We have killed more people in the name of war than anyother nation except Hitler. Maybe we out done Hitler.
We are responsible for the death of 1 million Iraqis. already killed civilians in Libya with missiles. we have a lot to answer for when judgement day come. Believe me, pay back is a bitch.
I know you think I am ant-America but inspite of being a native american raised by a black family, I love this country, just not what our government does in the name of freedom, democracy, equality and justice. and religion.

Care

we are at war.

we were NOT at war with them when we had the No fly zone, we were under a cease fire resolution of Iraq and Kuwait brokered by the UN after the Gulf War 1.... the near 10 years of the noflyzone in Iraq were NOT "war" years.
do you have any idea what a cease fire resolution is?

We went to war again against Iraq in 2003...without the Congress voting yea or nay, with 2/3's of both house voting yea... for a Declaration of War, per our constitution.

Your beliefs are irrelevant to the facts, we were still legally at war, cease fire resolutions do not end wars, they are temporory restraints. And the Congress did vote for the Iraq war in 2002, and there is no 2/3 requirement (where in the world did you get that idea). The SCOTUS ruled over 200 years ago that an AUMF is "in fact and in law" a Declaration of War. (Bas v Tingy). I don't know what specific wording you think the congress has to use, or what method they must employ to pass it, or whether there are special incantations or magic pixie dust they have to sprinkle on it. But I can assure you the Constitution sets forth no such requirements. It says simply that the Congress has the power to declare war, and nothing else.

If France fired the first salvo then we can assume the threat level is not very high. Nevertheless, may God Bless & Protect our men and women in harm's way. As for Obama, if the UN mandated it, then there should have been little doubt that he would follow their direction. He would not be one to step out of his comfort zone and decide for himself, be that correct to do or not.

Usual fucking cheap jibe at those who put their lives on the line, Just because they happen to be French. Hope you find it amusing!
Good point...most of us don't but sadly there is a thread making fun of the French for doing just that.

If France fired the first salvo then we can assume the threat level is not very high. Nevertheless, may God Bless & Protect our men and women in harm's way. As for Obama, if the UN mandated it, then there should have been little doubt that he would follow their direction. He would not be one to step out of his comfort zone and decide for himself, be that correct to do or not.

Usual fucking cheap jibe at those who put their lives on the line, Just because they happen to be French. Hope you find it amusing!

Good point...most of us don't but sadly there is a thread making fun of the French for doing just that.

Is there a tread making fun of those that cannot write a coherent sentence?

If not, please try to start one for yourself.

I'll proof the OP.

Nothing wrong with making fun of the French, or anyone else for that matter, Ravi. What is objectionable and extreme bad taste is making fun of allies because they are about to enter into combat.

Care

we are at war.

Total BULLSHIT.

Well done!

we will end up killing more civilians and call them collateral damage, as in iraq, afrghanistan, hiroshima and nagasaki, during the genocide of american indians, during slavery of the black, experiment on black with the std. We have killed more people in the name of war than anyother nation except hitler. Maybe we out done hitler.
We are responsible for the death of 1 million iraqis. Already killed civilians in libya with missiles. We have a lot to answer for when judgement day come. Believe me, pay back is a bitch.
I know you think i am ant-america but inspite of being a native american raised by a black family, i love this country, just not what our government does in the name of freedom, democracy, equality and justice. And religion.

stfu

I'll proof the OP.
What's a "tread"?

:lol::lol:

Couldn't resist.

Nothing wrong with making fun of the French, or anyone else for that matter, Ravi. What is objectionable and extreme bad taste is making fun of allies because they are about to enter into combat.

It's the French... what's not to make fun of?

I hope they stocked up on cheese and baguettes.

I'll proof the OP.
What's a "tread"?

:lol::lol:

Couldn't resist.

I'm trying to communicate with Ravi: She wouldn't understand a completely coherent sentence.

Forum List

Back