US just launched missiles into Libya.......

Libya will = Gulf War I. And we all know how much the Left/Democrats screeched about that War being so "Evil" and "Illegitimate." Their spin on these Bombings seems much different huh? When Libya becomes another Gulf War I,we'll see just where the Left/Democrats stand. How hypocritical & dishonest can they become? I guess we'll see. Stay tuned. ;)

Libya will = Gulf War I. And we all know how much the Left/Democrats screeched about that War being so "Evil" and "Illegitimate." Their spin on these Bombings seems much different huh? When Libya becomes another Gulf War I,we'll see just where the Left/Democrats stand. How hypocritical & dishonest can they become? I guess we'll see. Stay tuned. ;)

No.

Libya will = A-stan 1998

followed by = 9/11

No.

Libya will = A-stan 1998

followed by = 9/11

:eek: Chilling thought but you could be right.

I dunno trajan...perhaps by resigning and being sent to some haven country for the rest of his life, though i see this very unlikely.

yes, well, the overall point is, there is little reason for us to be doing this especially in the light of Darfur, Bahrain and Yemen.

I am sorry to have to go political but the left spent no little time, print and video telling us all how many terrorists we created by invading iraq, and Saddam was just as bad if not worse than gadaffi.....because; it was a war on.....wait for it; Muslims.

And gadaffi right this moment is using the same to rouse his own sppt., just as the insurrection started in Iraq, we won't have foreign fighters entering Libya to fight wiht qadaffi against the great satan and its euro lackeys? because that is to an extent among the extremists will be seen. And he has plenty of cash on hand to boot.

are we INVADING libya? Troops on the ground, us verses them....war?

I can see your concerns, but I think you could be a little over reacting to dissimilar circumstances....

What made the nofly zone against Iraq NOT a war and make this one a WAR?

What made the "right wing" support the war in iraq due to the UN resolution not being met, thus the USA had to do something?

Care

I'd say that missles from Offshore constitutes an invasion...whom says it has to be boots on the ground?

No.

Libya will = A-stan 1998

followed by = 9/11

And it isn't beneath Mo-Mo to send terrorists to do his dirty work...or is 1986 and the Gulf of Sidra but a fading memory?

If France fired the first salvo then we can assume the threat level is not very high. Nevertheless, may God Bless & Protect our men and women in harm's way. As for Obama, if the UN mandated it, then there should have been little doubt that he would follow their direction. He would not be one to step out of his comfort zone and decide for himself, be that correct to do or not.

Usual fucking cheap jibe at those who put their lives on the line, Just because they happen to be French. Hope you find it amusing!

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
If France fired the first salvo then we can assume the threat level is not very high. Nevertheless, may God Bless & Protect our men and women in harm's way. As for Obama, if the UN mandated it, then there should have been little doubt that he would follow their direction. He would not be one to step out of his comfort zone and decide for himself, be that correct to do or not.

Usual fucking cheap jibe at those who put their lives on the line, Just because they happen to be French. Hope you find it amusing!

Apparently, the French are taking the lead. Isn't that a tad insulting to the Brits? Because you're leading this one with them. And doing a damned fine job of it.

Apparently, the French are taking the lead. Isn't that a tad insulting to the Brits? Because you're leading this one with them. And doing a damned fine job of it.

Is the UN Commander in charge of the mission still an American?

Why would it be insulting to us? It's good to see the French finally taking some responsibility. Anyway, 'first in' and 'leading' are two different things. The operation was under operational control of General Carter Ham who heads the US Africa Command based in Germany. I believe a coalition commander will be appointed to take over in the next few days. I just don't like cheap jibes at the expense of those going to war, hence my criticism of that moron.

My jibe was directed at the French & our president, not our men & women in uniform. Now, if you wish to sing the praises of the French go for it, but, I know better both in theory and in practical to not have much faith in them. They have the most interest in Libya, so it's not a surprising move on their part. As for Obama, he played it safe and still could have put his foot into it.

So keep my jibe in content, not impressed with the French or Obama! Re: the French men and women who have gone into harms way, God Bless them!

Our men & women will perform well as always and do what is asked of them, without hesitation.

My jibe was directed at the French & our president, not our men & women in uniform. Now, if you wish to sing the praises of the French go for it, but, I know better both in theory and in practical to not have much faith in them. They have the most interest in Libya, so it's not a surprising move on their part. As for Obama, he played it safe and still could have put his foot into it.

So keep my jibe in content, not impressed with the French or Obama! Re: the French men and women who have gone into harms way, God Bless them!

Our men & women will perform well as always and do what is asked of them, without hesitation.

I know who your jibe was directed at! Pity you have no fucking experience of fighting beside the French. You may not be impressed with the French and I am even less impressed with the likes of someone like you. When you can talk from actual experience, come back and maybe I will listen. In the meantime you are nothing more than a bigoted fool.

In 2007, Senator Obama said this in his own words:

"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation"

Obama went on to say that the President could constitutionally deploy the military only "in instances of self-defense." Nobody is arguing -- nor can one rationally argue -- that the situation in Libya constitutes either an act of "self-defense" or the "stopping of an actual or imminent threat to the nation."

How, then, can Obama's 2007 position possibly be reconciled with his ordering military action in Libya without Congressional approval -- which, of course, he has not yet done?

In 2007, Senator Obama said this in his own words:

"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation"

Obama went on to say that the President could constitutionally deploy the military only "in instances of self-defense." Nobody is arguing -- nor can one rationally argue -- that the situation in Libya constitutes either an act of "self-defense" or the "stopping of an actual or imminent threat to the nation."

How, then, can Obama's 2007 position possibly be reconciled with his ordering military action in Libya without Congressional approval -- which, of course, he has not yet done?

That was then, this is now. Tomorrow...well, let's wait and see...

Forum List

Back