US Jobless claims fall to 4 decade low

Typical of you to lie.

We conservatives are not saying it is a problem, we are pointing to the FACT that the policies and doctrines of Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama have made the situation far worse.

As you deny, this is but one reason.
Really? You post most, but not all, of a graph, dipshit. With no link, dipshit. Please, me boy, what did you think that proved? Dipshit.
Please, dipshit, if you think that Obama made it worse, tell me how. And for gods sake, tell me how republicans have passed bills to make it better. Name a .bill. Or simply tell me you are too ignorant to do so.

And, dipshit, tell me why Republicans not bringing a single bill forward to help the problems they created with the great Republican Recession of 2008 helped anything. Or why blocking every piece of legislation brought forward to help, by democrats, helped. Or name a single bill they brought forward.
Dipshit. Jesus, it pisses me off to have to deal with someone as brainless as you.

Hmm, just an observation- Rshermr just called Markle brainless. I suppose in Rshermr's mind you must call someone a dipshit at least a half dozen times per post to prove you have a brain.

Ah. So you are confused. And ignorant. You prove you have a brain by posting logical information and backing it up with rational and impartial sourced information. You prove you have no brain when you use irrational and partial sources, or no sources at all, to attempt to back up drivel. Like your posts.
And I call post authors who waste my time dipshits.
Dipshit.

Profanity is the tool for those who either lack a compelling argument, or the ability to express it. Which are you?
It's the best way to show you how we are feeling when typing a response. Don't take it personally. Someone can still be debating with intellectual honesty and thoughtfulness and still occasionally say I think you are a stupid cock sucker. LOL[/QUOTE]

Yea, I get your point, and if posters like rshermr didn't use profanity in nearly every post I'd cut him some slack. But when somebody can't resist but call names and swear all the time, I truly question their sophistication and intelligent. Besides, it creates anger and ill will which definitely stifles the free exchange of thoughts and opinions. Let's put it this way, I can sit down, have a beer and debate with someone who shows respect for other's ideas. But guys like him always seem so angry and disagreeable that I wouldn't even want to be in the same room with him.

Really? You post most, but not all, of a graph, dipshit. With no link, dipshit. Please, me boy, what did you think that proved? Dipshit.
Please, dipshit, if you think that Obama made it worse, tell me how. And for gods sake, tell me how republicans have passed bills to make it better. Name a .bill. Or simply tell me you are too ignorant to do so.

And, dipshit, tell me why Republicans not bringing a single bill forward to help the problems they created with the great Republican Recession of 2008 helped anything. Or why blocking every piece of legislation brought forward to help, by democrats, helped. Or name a single bill they brought forward.
Dipshit. Jesus, it pisses me off to have to deal with someone as brainless as you.

Hmm, just an observation- Rshermr just called Markle brainless. I suppose in Rshermr's mind you must call someone a dipshit at least a half dozen times per post to prove you have a brain.

Ah. So you are confused. And ignorant. You prove you have a brain by posting logical information and backing it up with rational and impartial sourced information. You prove you have no brain when you use irrational and partial sources, or no sources at all, to attempt to back up drivel. Like your posts.
Dipshit.

Profanity is the tool for those who either lack a compelling argument, or the ability to express it. Which are you?
It's the best way to show you how we are feeling when typing a response. Don't take it personally. Someone can still be debating with intellectual honesty and thoughtfulness and still occasionally say I think you are a stupid cock sucker. LOL

Yea, I get your point, and if posters like rshermr didn't use profanity in nearly every post I'd cut him some slack. But when somebody can't resist but call names and swear all the time, I truly question their sophistication and intelligent. Besides, it creates anger and ill will which definitely stifles the free exchange of thoughts and opinions. Let's put it this way, I can sit down, have a beer and debate with someone who shows respect for other's ideas. But guys like him always seem so angry and disagreeable that I wouldn't even want to be in the same room with him.[/QUOTE]
This place wouldn't be the same without reasonable Republicans. I don't like talking to people here who I agree with about politics but I also don't like to talk to people who are die hard right wingers.

There are three kinds of voters. Dicks Pussies and Assholes. I really just don't like dicks. Assholes are shitty but they usually don't bother us pussies too much but what I don't like about them is they don't realize even they get fucked by the dicks.

You should have been a Bernie Sanders supporter

Why declining manufacturing leads to income inequality

The higher income for the top 1% completely distorts the political system. With more power for Wall Street and billionaires, politicians who depend on the rich and powerful for campaign funds pass more bad policies, leading to even worse income inequality, in a vicious cycle.

income and wealth inequality have been getting much worse over the last half-century., not just under Obama.

First, manufacturing generates so much wealth that a middle class can develop, as happened in the 19th century. Before that time, what little surplus wealth was generated was grabbed by the ruling elite, and almost everybody else engaged in the toil of farming. But the surplus that manufacturing creates can also be taken by the ruling elite, leaving everyone else in the same boat as before. However, the second reason manufacturing leads to a middle class is that manufacturing requires high skill levels — which is why Germany now, and the United States before, have had comfortable middle class families working in factories. When people have high skills — assuming they can organize, as in unions — then they have power, and with power comes better income and better income equality.

But if the manufacturing sectors start to decline, then so does the wealth-generating power of the country, as well as the power of the middle class. And thus we find that the United States is declining in power and in its middle class.

Income equality, and manufacturing, both peaked around 1968 in the United States. Manufacturing has almost always been the quintessential middle class sector because manufacturing employs about the same percentage of the workforce as the income it receives. In 1968, 25% of the workforce was engaged in manufacturing, and 25% of the country’s income went to manufacturing. On average, in 1968 people in manufacturing received the average income of the economy. No other sector can boast this “middle class-ness”.

From 1968 to 2009 the manufacturing sector declined from one quarter of the economy — every fourth working person — to about one in every 11 people, a decline of about 16% of the total employment pool. Where did those people go? Most of them went into the lower income service workforce, which grew from 12.8% to 20.5% of the workforce (and many others stopped working altogether). So, on average, the people that moved from manufacturing to low income services lost 1/3rd of their income, if not more.....

But I'm sure you know all this, right?

I personally think CEO's are paid too much in this country but that's a result of them sitting on each others boards and voting for those salaries.

As for why manufacturing jobs in the US started to decline in the late 60's? Look at why they boomed in 50's! We were one of the few industrial nations to come out of WWII with an intact industrial infrastructure. Our manufacturing sector boomed because we were supplying the rest of the world while they rebuilt themselves. At some point that advantage was going to disappear and there really wasn't anything we could do about it. All the finger pointing about who is to blame for manufacturing jobs going overseas ignores reality. The jobs left because it's cheaper to make things elsewhere. Raising labor costs even higher or passing more legislation that raises the cost of energy or healthcare isn't going to improve the situation...it will simply accelerate the job loss.
Maybe deep down, just like with oil, for years we stop manufacturing and we let Africa, China, India and Mexico eat up all their natural resources until they don't have any left and we become the largest oil producer and manufacturer one day. Wouldn't that be great?

And who cares if Chinese and India and Mexico manufacture now? That doesn't mean we had to buy from them. We certainly don't sell to them. We shouldn't buy from anyone we don't sell to. China doesn't buy our cars. And we purchased the cars we made in the 60's. We produced and we purchased. We didn't have to outsource the manufacturing but corporations wanted to and if we complained they cried PROTECTIONISM but the fact is every country protects their vital industries. All except us because our workers are or were the highest paid.

Look at our import-export ratios back in the 60's and compare them to what we have now. The rest of the world isn't buying American. Why? Because our workers WERE the highest paid and therefore our products started costing more and more in comparison to the rest of the world.
I believe you are WRONG. Please show a link proving your statements.
Actually, our labor costs are toward the middle of the thirty or so nations considered industrial nations. And those that have lower costs are almost all near third world nations. However, the other half of the equation, productivity, finds that american workers are in third place, behind only Germany and France. So we tend to be quite competitive from a labor standpoint.
Which Country Has the Most Productive Workers?

If you think I'm wrong, Georgie provide a link showing that to be the case! Oh, wait...I forget...you're not smart enough to handle things like that! You're the A-B=Jobs Saved, Guy!

You may want to try the link I gave you. But in the interim, try proving your statement. Like a person with an actual mind.

Dipshit.

It's the best way to show you how we are feeling when typing a response. Don't take it personally. Someone can still be debating with intellectual honesty and thoughtfulness and still occasionally say I think you are a stupid cock sucker. LOL

Yea, I get your point, and if posters like rshermr didn't use profanity in nearly every post I'd cut him some slack. But when somebody can't resist but call names and swear all the time, I truly question their sophistication and intelligent. Besides, it creates anger and ill will which definitely stifles the free exchange of thoughts and opinions. Let's put it this way, I can sit down, have a beer and debate with someone who shows respect for other's ideas. But guys like him always seem so angry and disagreeable that I wouldn't even want to be in the same room with him.[/QUOTE]
Please, me boy, do not feel I am angry. I just think you are a dipshit. So far you have shown no ability to have a rational discussion. Just because you think you can does not mean you can. Because you have shown yourself to be stupid.

Look at our import-export ratios back in the 60's and compare them to what we have now. The rest of the world isn't buying American. Why? Because our workers WERE the highest paid and therefore our products started costing more and more in comparison to the rest of the world.

That's really WAY too much common sense for our Progressives to handle at one time.

The rest of the world isn't buying American.

yes and largely thanks to liberal policies like the highest corporate tax rate in the world, liberal unions and liberal deficits. Ireland for example lowered its corporate tax and half the worlds major corporations moved there in whole or in part. We could eliminate the tax tomorrow and have 1000 new major corporations in a year.

Someone said to me the other day, "we used to have cheap/affordable healthcare in this country. I got sick or my wife got pregnant and it was $35 or $100 or I don't remember the exact dollar amount but the fact is, back in the day the doctor would take $100 to stitch you up and be happy. Today they take $35 co pay or deductable and then bill your insurance company $1000. It's bullshit. We've all seen those hospital bills where they bill our insurance $5000 or $10000 or more for some bullshit procedure.

Today every believes health insurance should cover every hangnail or a pimple. It would be like your car insurance paying for you gas, oil, tires along with all repairs. Imagine what your car insurance would cost.

So the doctor bills the insurance company, Obamacare, Medicare or Medicaid $1,000.00 Of that, the insurance company, etc, pays $500.00 Of that $500.00; $250.00 goes toward malpractice insurance. Doctors have to order every test in the book or be sued.

We could easily have affordable health care IF people were able to buy health insurance like they do auto insurance. "Back in the day" we could buy "major medical". You paid for having a cut hand stitched up. If you had a major illness or accident, the insurance covered the expense.

Today, government MANDATES that we have coverage for many things we don't need or want.

In addition, we desperately need tort reform. The solution is simple to frivolous lawsuits being settled because that is cheaper than paying attorney fees. We switch to a loser pays system. Do you think that attorneys would take a contingency case if they weren't dead certain there was a solid case? That if they lost, their client would have to pay their fee and the doctors or hospitals costs?

Yea, I get your point, and if posters like rshermr didn't use profanity in nearly every post I'd cut him some slack. But when somebody can't resist but call names and swear all the time, I truly question their sophistication and intelligent. Besides, it creates anger and ill will which definitely stifles the free exchange of thoughts and opinions. Let's put it this way, I can sit down, have a beer and debate with someone who shows respect for other's ideas. But guys like him always seem so angry and disagreeable that I wouldn't even want to be in the same room with him.

I seldom reply to rshermr. His posts are senseless and his hate, anger, and, profanities are just examples of a little man with childish ways.

That's really WAY too much common sense for our Progressives to handle at one time.
So, anyone want to do a search on labor costs by country. Any of you brilliant cons want to suggest what year you want to compare? Do any of you brilliant cons understand that labor cost means little without coupling it with productivity?
Of course not. Because you are too ignorant. Really, calling others stupid with the lack of intelligence you show does not pass the giggle test, me boy.

I seldom reply to rshermr. His posts are senseless and his hate, anger, and, profanities are just examples of a little man with childish ways.

Yes rushmr is an angry angry vile dirty guy who seemingly is here only to vent his disturbed spleen. At one time he did the gay pirate routine to the max, now he limits it to "me boy". Is that nuts? Maybe we made him nuts by pointing out how insane Marxism is ?

Someone said to me the other day, "we used to have cheap/affordable healthcare in this country. I got sick or my wife got pregnant and it was $35 or $100 or I don't remember the exact dollar amount but the fact is, back in the day the doctor would take $100 to stitch you up and be happy. Today they take $35 co pay or deductable and then bill your insurance company $1000. It's bullshit. We've all seen those hospital bills where they bill our insurance $5000 or $10000 or more for some bullshit procedure.

Today every Every what, dipshit? believes health insurance should cover every hangnail or a pimple. Prove it. It does not, and can not. You are simply making a statement based on an empty mind. It would be like your car insurance paying for you gas, oil, tires along with all repairs. Imagine what your car insurance would cost.
Imagine is a good word, me boy. Because you are not describing anything real. Our medical insurance is no better than the medical insurance in 35 other industrialized countries. For the most part, it is worse. But it costs way more. Any idea why???

So the doctor bills the insurance company, Obamacare, Medicare or Medicaid $1,000.00 Of that, the insurance company, etc, pays $500.00 Of that $500.00; $250.00 goes toward malpractice insurance. Doctors have to order every test in the book or be sued.
Prove it, dipshit. Because it is not true at all. Just another stupid accusation, with no proof.

We could easily have affordable health care IF people were able to buy health insurance like they do auto insurance. "Back in the day" we could buy "major medical". You paid for having a cut hand stitched up. If you had a major illness or accident, the insurance covered the expense.
Problem is, me boy, you do not ever check out what you are saying. Back in the day, we had the most expensive medical of any major industrialized company. So, you are simply wrong.

Today, government MANDATES that we have coverage for many things we don't need or want.
You must have proof of your statement. Truth is, we have no more mandates than nearly every other country in the world. You are simply wrong again.

In addition, we desperately need tort reform. The solution is simple to frivolous lawsuits being settled because that is cheaper than paying attorney fees. We switch to a loser pays system. Do you think that attorneys would take a contingency case if they weren't dead certain there was a solid case? That if they lost, their client would have to pay their fee and the doctors or hospitals costs?
OK with me.
Problem is, you always line up perfectly with the bat shit crazy con sites you spend your time with. They are routinely wrong, and therefor, so are you.

Last edited:

yes and largely thanks to liberal policies like the highest corporate tax rate in the world, liberal unions and liberal deficits. Ireland for example lowered its corporate tax and half the worlds major corporations moved there in whole or in part. We could eliminate the tax tomorrow and have 1000 new major corporations in a year.
Yea, tearing up our roads with their trucks and not paying any taxes to fix them.

Nobles need not pay taxes.

Today every Every what, dipshit? believes health insurance should cover every hangnail or a pimple. Prove it. It does not, and can not. You are simply making a statement based on an empty mind. It would be like your car insurance paying for you gas, oil, tires along with all repairs. Imagine what your car insurance would cost.
Imagine is a good word, me boy. Because you are not describing anything real. Our medical insurance is no better than the medical insurance in 35 other industrialized countries. For the most part, it is worse. But it costs way more. Any idea why???

Prove it, dipshit. Because it is not true at all. Just another stupid accusation, with no proof.

Problem is, me boy, you do not ever check out what you are saying. Back in the day, we had the most expensive medical of any major industrialized company. So, you are simply wrong.

You must have proof of your statement. Truth is, we have no more mandates than nearly every other country in the world. You are simply wrong again.

OK with me.
Problem is, you always line up perfectly with the bat shit crazy con sites you spend your time with. They are routinely wrong, and therefor, so are you.
Did someone say tort reform? Omg every 4 years I always hear republicans bring up tort reform. Definitely a right wing talking point.

I personally think CEO's are paid too much in this country but that's a result of them sitting on each others boards and voting for those salaries.

As for why manufacturing jobs in the US started to decline in the late 60's? Look at why they boomed in 50's! We were one of the few industrial nations to come out of WWII with an intact industrial infrastructure. Our manufacturing sector boomed because we were supplying the rest of the world while they rebuilt themselves. At some point that advantage was going to disappear and there really wasn't anything we could do about it. All the finger pointing about who is to blame for manufacturing jobs going overseas ignores reality. The jobs left because it's cheaper to make things elsewhere. Raising labor costs even higher or passing more legislation that raises the cost of energy or healthcare isn't going to improve the situation...it will simply accelerate the job loss.
Maybe deep down, just like with oil, for years we stop manufacturing and we let Africa, China, India and Mexico eat up all their natural resources until they don't have any left and we become the largest oil producer and manufacturer one day. Wouldn't that be great?

And who cares if Chinese and India and Mexico manufacture now? That doesn't mean we had to buy from them. We certainly don't sell to them. We shouldn't buy from anyone we don't sell to. China doesn't buy our cars. And we purchased the cars we made in the 60's. We produced and we purchased. We didn't have to outsource the manufacturing but corporations wanted to and if we complained they cried PROTECTIONISM but the fact is every country protects their vital industries. All except us because our workers are or were the highest paid.

Actually, our labor costs are toward the middle of the thirty or so nations considered industrial nations. And those that have lower costs are almost all near third world nations. However, the other half of the equation, productivity, finds that american workers are in third place, behind only Germany and France. So we tend to be quite competitive from a labor standpoint.

If you think I'm wrong, Georgie provide a link showing that to be the case! Oh, wait...I forget...you're not smart enough to handle things like that! You're the A-B=Jobs Saved, Guy!

You may want to try the link I gave you. But in the interim, try proving your statement. Like a person with an actual mind.

Wow, did "Mr A-B=Jobs Saved" just tell someone to PROVE their statement? You mean like providing the formula for how Jobs Saved was calculated? Is that the kind of proof you wanted to see, Georgie?

Yea, tearing up our roads with their trucks and not paying any taxes to fix them.

I'm sorry, Sealy but the truth is...we've paid the taxes all along to fix our roads! That money was appropriated by the Federal Government in the form of gas taxes and taxes on things like tires. If they'd SPENT that tax revenue on road repairs then our highways would be in far better shape than they are but they DIDN'T spend it there...they diverted funds from highway repair to fund entitlements. So now our bridges and highways are in lousy shape and our politicians are saying to us taxpayers...YOU NEED TO GIVE US MORE OF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY!

I'm sorry, Sealy but the truth is...we've paid the taxes all along to fix our roads! That money was appropriated by the Federal Government in the form of gas taxes and taxes on things like tires. If they'd SPENT that tax revenue on road repairs then our highways would be in far better shape than they are but they DIDN'T spend it there...they diverted funds from highway repair to fund entitlements. So now our bridges and highways are in lousy shape and our politicians are saying to us taxpayers...YOU NEED TO GIVE US MORE OF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY!
Exactly what GOP governor Rick Snyder did in Michigan. He gave corporations tax breaks because the own him and then when the infrastructure breaks he says we are broke and he has to raise our taxes.

It's politicians from both sides of the aisle that have been playing that game, Sealy...they raid Social Security taking our money to pay for their pet projects...and we're too fucking stupid to call them on it and send them packing! Our political leaders are like that bum outside the convenience store that hits you up for money so he can buy a "cup of coffee" when you KNOW that he'll be spending that money on a bottle of booze. We keep giving the bums more money. Shame on us!

I notice you are making accusations, again without any proof. So, since we know you are a con tool, why should we believe you??

Wow, did "Mr A-B=Jobs Saved" just tell someone to PROVE their statement? You mean like providing the formula for how Jobs Saved was calculated? Is that the kind of proof you wanted to see, Georgie?

I am more than willing to. But you had to agree to show me the bills that republicans have put forward to stop the devastation caused by the great republican recession of 2008. But though you say you know of such bills, and though no one else seems to, you refuse to tell us what the bills are. So, you loose.
Apparently what we do know is that you are not good to your word. That is, you lied when you said you agreed to do so. Sorry. I just do not play with people who have no integrity, like you.

And, the con tool has no source for his accusations. But:
"Even the DOT's yearly funding has been piecemeal. Congress typically funds transportation bills in six-year increments, but the agency has been relying on ad hoc extensions for its budget since 2009."
Some say the lack of investment is hurting the country.
The high cost of America's bad roads and bridges

It is up to congress. and congress is republican. And republicans have voted down every attempt to fund infrastructure.
And, big surprise, there is no indication of money being "stolen" from the federal budget for infrastructure, and used for funding entitlements, as Oldstyle says. That seems to be another lie. It is, however, a conservative talking point. The problem is that congress will not appropriate more money for highways, and other infrastructure. Who heads up Congress????

Forum List

Back