US Jobless claims fall to 4 decade low

Republicans congratulate Republican governors for the economic recovery they deny is happening because they don't want to give Obama any credit. How do you take someone who does this seriously? And if the economy were as bad as Republicans say why aren't republicans governors worried about their jobs? Michigan gov GOP Rick Snyder poisoned us with lead and he still has his job.

Bush has zero to do with this economic recovery. For once Republicans can't try to credit the previous administration for a Democrats success

Actually, I think they will try. Because we have so many stupid people out there. And con trolls like Oldstyle simply blatantly lying all the time.

Wasn't Bush responsible for TARP?

Oh, I'm sorry...I keep forgetting in "Georgie World" Bush gets all of the blame and none of the credit...while Barry gets none of the blame and all of the credit!
You think tarp was a good thing? It was what the bankers said we must do or else. And that's what you give credit for? That's like crediting the bank robber for the robbery. Omg!

And btw bush wanted to give the money to the banks no strings attached. That's why Elizabeth Warren is so popular. She put an end to that bs

The money that Bush "gave" to the banks was paid back with interest. The money that Obama gave to his pet "green energy" companies and General Motors we're still missing. Funny how Elizabeth isn't up in arms about THAT!

Funny, Oldstyle. Out and about and lying like a rug. Where is that link, me boy. I know you hate those green energy companies. Your favorite was always drill baby drill. Because you are a con troll. How any times have you mentioned Solyndra, me boy. My guess it was about 1000. Used to be you Tesla. But that one worked out. really well, as have many others. The green car money is doing just fine. We all know you would rather build more gas powered cars, and help the oil companies. Best of luck with that idea.
I don't know what kind of person you have to be to be anti green technology. Fucking dopes.[/QUOTE]
Technically, they are called stupid, brainwashed, con trolls. Like Oldstyle. They do what is best for the wealthy few who pay their favorite politicians to get them what they want and tell con trolls what to believe.

Last edited:
Translation: you don't know. You can't tell the difference between a company who lost an employee but gained one back ... from a company who didn't layoff an employee as planned due to an infusion of money.

Thanks for admitting what I knew you already didn't know. :thup:

Pray tell, Faun...how do you quantify the number of people who didn't lose jobs due to stimulus money? Do you not grasp how the Obama Administration realized that it was indeed impossible to estimate that number and used that to hide pathetic job creation numbers?

Jobs Created is an actual number...created from data collected through the CES...jobs saved is fiction...a number created out of thin air...usually for political cover.
By surveying the companies receiving ARRA funds.

Ah yes...the survey of companies receiving ARRA funds! That would be the survey that the Associated Press did a scathing report on for it's inaccuracies? "Jobs Saved" is one example of dishonesty by the Obama Administration. The numbers reported in the ARRA survey is another example of dishonesty by both the Obama Administration and many of the people who received stimulus monies.
The report said errors would have resulted from complexity of the surveys and not from dishonest reporting, so that is just another lie from a lying con tool like you. It also appears that if anything, the number of saved jobs would have been under-reported in the surveys as they don't include indirect jobs and the surveys themselves were cumbersome to fill.

That's why the CBO double checked the numbers and came up with the range of jobs saved/created that they found.

The CBO double checked the ARRA survey numbers? When did that take place?
Actually it was the OMB in Dec 2009.

Actually, I think they will try. Because we have so many stupid people out there. And con trolls like Oldstyle simply blatantly lying all the time.

Oh, I'm sorry...I keep forgetting in "Georgie World" Bush gets all of the blame and none of the credit...while Barry gets none of the blame and all of the credit!
You think tarp was a good thing? It was what the bankers said we must do or else. And that's what you give credit for? That's like crediting the bank robber for the robbery. Omg!

And btw bush wanted to give the money to the banks no strings attached. That's why Elizabeth Warren is so popular. She put an end to that bs

The money that Bush "gave" to the banks was paid back with interest. The money that Obama gave to his pet "green energy" companies and General Motors we're still missing. Funny how Elizabeth isn't up in arms about THAT!

Funny, Oldstyle. Out and about and lying like a rug. Where is that link, me boy. I know you hate those green energy companies. Your favorite was always drill baby drill. Because you are a con troll. How any times have you mentioned Solyndra, me boy. My guess it was about 1000. Used to be you Tesla. But that one worked out. really well, as have many others. The green car money is doing just fine. We all know you would rather build more gas powered cars, and help the oil companies. Best of luck with that idea.
I don't know what kind of person you have to be to be anti green technology. Fucking dopes.
Technically, they are called stupid, brainwashed, con trolls. Like Oldstyle. They do what is best for the wealthy few who pay their favorite politicians to get them what they want and tell con trolls what to believe. [/QUOTE]
Or they are coal miners.

Do you know how they get away with it? The media isn't really liberal anymore. It only appears to be when it wants to use God gays and guns to divide us but where it matters the media is corporate.

Great example is how little a deal they made out of GOP governor Rick Snyder giving us lead poisoning. If the media stops talking about something Americans stop caring.

I used to worry that they controlled con fools with religion but they control us all with the media. Even you and I talk about what they want to talk about. Immigration, race, gun control, gays, islam, cops,

I'm lying? Really? So the banks didn't pay back the money they got through TARP under Bush...with interest no less? So Solyndra did pay back their loans?
Of course the banks paid their loans back. But overall the green energy money was paid back also. So, yes, you were lying. Which I always assume, anyway. Some $2.1 Billion will be the net cost, which will be paid back in spades over the years.
Relative to green energy, you mention Solyndra which failed. But over half of the companies are still going. and promise jobs and revenues for decades to come. The fact is, without government stimulus to green energy it would take much, much longer for those technologies to work. If we listened to conservatives, we would still be riding horses.
So, con trolls have their talking points paid for by energy companies, and as a result can not stand money being spent on new technology. Back to drill baby drill, and to hell with science. Just make those oil companies healthy, happy and wise, and rich as hell. And cons are happy.
[/QUOTE]

So you admit that all of the loans that Bush made to the banks were repaid with interest and only a little more than half of the green energy are still going? I'm curious, Georgie...do you think we'll be seeing the money we loaned to the green energy companies that AREN'T still going any time soon?

So the bottom line is that Bush made loans that the US taxpayer didn't get screwed on...Barry not so much?

Yup. I don't laugh because while you lie like a rug, Anton never lies. Ever. Because you know that you are lying, I don't think you have anything to laugh about. that would be you lying again.
First, Oldstyle, you have promised months ago to provide bills that republicans have brought forward to combat the disaster known as the Great Republican Recession of 2008. You promised, and then failed to do so. So, was it simply another lie of yours?

Second, you have been shown many times the numbers, in the millions, of jobs that obama has been responsible for saving and creating.

Third. You have been unable to find a single job bill by Republicans, so at this point we know it was Obama Millions of jobs saved and created, Republicans 0 jobs. That's Zero.

Fourth, you are LYING again when you quote the $800 Billion number. As you have been shown, it was $500 Billion in stimulus, and a couple hundred Billion in tax decreases that Republicans put in the Stimulus (and then voted against).

Really, oldstyle, you lie so much your posts are a waste of space.
Republicans congratulate Republican governors for the economic recovery they deny is happening because they don't want to give Obama any credit. How do you take someone who does this seriously? And if the economy were as bad as Republicans say why aren't republicans governors worried about their jobs? Michigan gov GOP Rick Snyder poisoned us with lead and he still has his job.

Bush has zero to do with this economic recovery. For once Republicans can't try to credit the previous administration for a Democrats success

You're such a fool who HAD his head buried in the sand back when Bush was ruining America. I remember Bush's TARP was NO QUESTIONS ASKED! Obama and Elizabeth Warren came in and said fuck that you have to pay the money back. Probably why the bankers aren't as happy with Democrats as they are Republicans.[/QUOTE]

The TARP loans to the banks were set up well in advance of Barack Obama taking office and Pocahontas was still at Harvard. That deal was made by Bush. Give him the credit he deserves.

I don't know what kind of person you have to be to be anti green technology. Fucking dopes.[/QUOTE]

I'm not anti any type of technology, Sealy...what I AM anti is getting scammed by companies like Solyndra who took millions in taxpayer money and then declared bankruptcy months later.

I'm lying? Really? So the banks didn't pay back the money they got through TARP under Bush...with interest no less? So Solyndra did pay back their loans?
Of course the banks paid their loans back. But overall the green energy money was paid back also. So, yes, you were lying. Which I always assume, anyway. Some $2.1 Billion will be the net cost, which will be paid back in spades over the years.
Relative to green energy, you mention Solyndra which failed. But over half of the companies are still going. and promise jobs and revenues for decades to come. The fact is, without government stimulus to green energy it would take much, much longer for those technologies to work. If we listened to conservatives, we would still be riding horses.
So, con trolls have their talking points paid for by energy companies, and as a result can not stand money being spent on new technology. Back to drill baby drill, and to hell with science. Just make those oil companies healthy, happy and wise, and rich as hell. And cons are happy.

So you admit that all of the loans that Bush made to the banks were repaid with interest and only a little more than half of the green energy are still going? I'm curious, Georgie...do you think we'll be seeing the money we loaned to the green energy companies that AREN'T still going any time soon?

So the bottom line is that Bush made loans that the US taxpayer didn't get screwed on...Barry not so much?[/QUOTE]
Because Obama made them pay it back! Elizabeth Warren baby!

I don't know what kind of person you have to be to be anti green technology. Fucking dopes.

I'm not anti any type of technology, Sealy...what I AM anti is getting scammed by companies like Solyndra who took millions in taxpayer money and then declared bankruptcy months later.[/QUOTE]
When you invest in new technology and r&d you don't always return a profit.

In fact, government often invests in things corporations won't because they don't see a roi or profit in it. But as soon as government research figures shit out corporations jump all over it.

We need to go green but we haven't completely figured out green technology. Sounds like Republicans are against even trying

I'm curious, Georgie...do you think we'll be seeing the money we loaned to the green energy companies that AREN'T still going any time soon?
http://www.renewableenergyworld.com...m-vilified-by-republicans-turns-a-profit.html

NEW YORK -- The U.S. expects to earn $5 billion to $6 billion from a federal loan program, bolstering President Barack Obama’s decision to back low-carbon technologies.

It’s the first time the Energy Department has released an estimate of the potential gains for the loan guarantee program, designed to back clean-energy projects when venture capital or financing from banks and other investors is unavailable. The department expects a loss rate of about 2 percent on $32.4 billion set aside for loans to spur energy innovation, according to a report today.
The loan program, which opened in 2009, was targeted by Congressional Republicans who charged taxpayer money was wasted on startups including Solyndra, the solar manufacturer that closed its doors in 2011 after receiving $528 million. Jonathan Silver resigned as director in 2011 after repeated congressional inquires.

“People make a big deal about Solyndra and everything, but there’s a lot of VC capital that got torched right alongside the DOE capital,” Michael Morosi, an analyst at Brentwood, Tennessee-based Jetstream Capital LLC, which invests in renewable energy, said in an interview. “A positive return over 20 years in cleantech? That’s not a bad outcome.”

The program’s biggest success story has been Tesla Motors Inc. The Elon Musk-backed electric carmaker paid back its $465 million federal loan nine years early. Abengoa SA, which received a $132.4 million guarantee, opened in October a biofuels plant in Kansas.

Technically, they are called stupid, brainwashed, con trolls. Like Oldstyle. They do what is best for the wealthy few who pay their favorite politicians to get them what they want and tell con trolls what to believe. [/QUOTE]
Donald Trump just did what I accuse all Republicans of doing!!! He gave Mike pence credit for the economic recovery Republicans deny happened when they discuss Obama.

Technically, they are called stupid, brainwashed, con trolls. Like Oldstyle. They do what is best for the wealthy few who pay their favorite politicians to get them what they want and tell con trolls what to believe.
Donald Trump just did what I accuse all Republicans of doing!!! He gave Mike pence credit for the economic recovery Republicans deny happened when they discuss Obama.[/QUOTE]
That is the cool thing about being a Republican. You can cause a major economic catastrophe and then blame the other party for it. Sad clowns.

Donald Trump just did what I accuse all Republicans of doing!!! He gave Mike pence credit for the economic recovery Republicans deny happened when they discuss Obama.[/QUOTE]
And he brought on a VP candidate who voted for the Iraq war that he criticizes hillary big time for. Guy makes you head swim. But then, he is the biggest liar according to fact check, period. No one else even close.

I'm curious, Georgie...do you think we'll be seeing the money we loaned to the green energy companies that AREN'T still going any time soon?
http://www.renewableenergyworld.com...m-vilified-by-republicans-turns-a-profit.html

NEW YORK -- The U.S. expects to earn $5 billion to $6 billion from a federal loan program, bolstering President Barack Obama’s decision to back low-carbon technologies.

It’s the first time the Energy Department has released an estimate of the potential gains for the loan guarantee program, designed to back clean-energy projects when venture capital or financing from banks and other investors is unavailable. The department expects a loss rate of about 2 percent on $32.4 billion set aside for loans to spur energy innovation, according to a report today.
The loan program, which opened in 2009, was targeted by Congressional Republicans who charged taxpayer money was wasted on startups including Solyndra, the solar manufacturer that closed its doors in 2011 after receiving $528 million. Jonathan Silver resigned as director in 2011 after repeated congressional inquires.

“People make a big deal about Solyndra and everything, but there’s a lot of VC capital that got torched right alongside the DOE capital,” Michael Morosi, an analyst at Brentwood, Tennessee-based Jetstream Capital LLC, which invests in renewable energy, said in an interview. “A positive return over 20 years in cleantech? That’s not a bad outcome.”

The program’s biggest success story has been Tesla Motors Inc. The Elon Musk-backed electric carmaker paid back its $465 million federal loan nine years early. Abengoa SA, which received a $132.4 million guarantee, opened in October a biofuels plant in Kansas.

They "expect" to earn a profit, Ed? Get back to me when they actually DO make a profit! Until then it's just another Federal Government agency trying their best to make themselves look like they aren't complete idiots.

I'm not anti any type of technology, Sealy...what I AM anti is getting scammed by companies like Solyndra who took millions in taxpayer money and then declared bankruptcy months later.
When you invest in new technology and r&d you don't always return a profit.

In fact, government often invests in things corporations won't because they don't see a roi or profit in it. But as soon as government research figures shit out corporations jump all over it.

We need to go green but we haven't completely figured out green technology. Sounds like Republicans are against even trying[/QUOTE]

What did we figure out with Solyndra? That we should put more emphasis on whether the technology that companies are developing makes sense and less emphasis on how much money the people that run them contribute to political campaigns?

Donald Trump just did what I accuse all Republicans of doing!!! He gave Mike pence credit for the economic recovery Republicans deny happened when they discuss Obama.
And he brought on a VP candidate who voted for the Iraq war that he criticizes hillary big time for. Guy makes you head swim. But then, he is the biggest liar according to fact check, period. No one else even close.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of liars...did you and the other liar want to show me that CBO report you said existed? Think I forgot about that? Another day...another Rshermr lie!

They "expect" to earn a profit, Ed? Get back to me when they actually DO make a profit! Until then it's just another Federal Government agency trying their best to make themselves look like they aren't complete idiots.
LIAR!
The program has already made more in profit than all the losses combined!

Obama Has Done More for Clean Energy Than You Think

The program has made a profit of nearly $1 billion in interest payments to the U.S Treasury to date. At least $5 billion more is expected over the next few decades as loans are paid back. That compares with $780 million in losses to date, the bulk of which is accounted for by the $535 million loaned to Solyndra.

LIAR!

The program has made a profit of nearly $1 billion in interest payments to the U.S Treasury to date. At least $5 billion more is expected over the next few decades as loans are paid back. That compares with $780 million in losses to date, the bulk of which is accounted for by the $535 million loaned to Solyndra.

Amazing, Ed...according to your source the program turned a "profit" of nearly a billion dollars yet an audit done just months before that was written showed the program still losing 2.2 billion of taxpayer monies. Obama-backed green energy failures leave taxpayers with $2.2 billion tab, audit finds

LIAR!

Amazing, Ed...according to your source the program turned a "profit" of nearly a billion dollars yet an audit done just months before that was written showed the program still losing 2.2 billion of taxpayer monies. Obama-backed green energy failures leave taxpayers with $2.2 billion tab, audit finds
From your own outdated link:

The Energy Department said it considers the loan program a success.

“We believe that the data presented demonstrates that the department’s Loan Programs Office is achieving its statutory mission to accelerate the deployment of innovative clean energy projects and advanced vehicle manufacturing facilities in the U.S., while being a responsible steward of taxpayer dollars,” Peter W. Davidson, executive director of the loan programs, said in an official reply to the GAO.

Mr. Davidson said the expected loss to taxpayers has dropped some $2.28 billion since the initial estimates, and he predicted that the cost will continue to drop as projects mature and repay their loans.

But most of that improvement came from one green vehicle loan where the project’s credit rating improved dramatically, making it far less likely the project would default. Another green vehicle program, Tesla Motors Inc., has already repaid its loan in full, helping the government’s balance sheet.

Last edited:
LIAR!

“We believe that the data presented demonstrates that the department’s Loan Programs Office is achieving its statutory mission to accelerate the deployment of innovative clean energy projects and advanced vehicle manufacturing facilities in the U.S., while being a responsible steward of taxpayer dollars,” Peter W. Davidson, executive director of the loan programs, said in an official reply to the GAO.

Mr. Davidson said the expected loss to taxpayers has dropped some $2.28 billion since the initial estimates, and he predicted that the cost will continue to drop as projects mature and repay their loans.

But most of that improvement came from one green vehicle loan where the project’s credit rating improved dramatically, making it far less likely the project would default. Another green vehicle program, Tesla Motors Inc., has already repaid its loan in full, helping the government’s balance sheet.
Oldstyle is nothing but a monkey; flinging shit, hoping some of it will stick. Invariably, it ends up on him because he's just talking out of his ass to begin with.

LIAR!

Oldstyle is nothing but a monkey; flinging shit, hoping some of it will stick. Invariably, it ends up on him because he's just talking out of his ass to begin with.

well if you have discovered a flaw in the 2000 year old conservative /libertarian philosophy why not tell us what it is??

Forum List

Back