US is a 'world leader' in child poverty

This is a pretty sad situation, no matter how these kids got poor.
But here we are, the world's weathiest country who has "In God We Trust" on our money and "under God" in our Pledge of Alligence and innocent kids are treated this way.
Ask yourself, what would God do?

who say's we are the "wealthiest" anymore?

we are being taxed and fined by these governments. Giving out our monies for welfare, food stamps, medical, unemployment, etc etc. Yet we are suppose to BELIEVE we are number one in child poverty. SERIOUSLY

I'm glad you think we are so wealthy. just the people you vote and these people at the UN is that.

Stephanie

Aw hon, don't worry. And no one expects to you give flying fuck about innocent children going hungry. The Dems won't take your welfare, your food stamps, your Medicaid and you can keep right on shoving your govt cheese in your fat face.

But, if a Republican gets elected prez, you're pretty much SOL.

:woohoo:

If this be true why the flood at the border?

Here I thought the US lead in childhood obesity.
Not to make light of such a serious subject...but Hell hath no fury like a hungry fat kid.
I know, I'm evil. :(

Oh I wouldn't worry about a hungry child kicking the crap out of you.

After a very few days of not eating, they don't have a lot of strength left.

Start a thread and the same scum who don't care if kids are homeless and hungry will demand that more get born.

I am very proud that I am not and never could be a heartless hater, phony christian RW.

You're the scum for posting a thread that isn't true. and you lefties only post this shit so you can sit here and call others SCUM...You people are LOSER, haters and scummy to the core Just miserable human beings

Start a thread and the same scum who don't care if kids are homeless and hungry will demand that more get born.

I am very proud that I am not and never could be a heartless hater, phony christian RW.

You're the scum for posting a thread that isn't true. and you lefties only post this shit so you can sit here and call others SCUM...You people are LOSER, haters and scummy to the core Just miserable human beings
Obo-tards are running scared. Almost 60% of America finds Hillary dishonest OR a liar. Those two things do not garner votes. This leaves them with ONE lone tactic. To try and shut up the voices of FREE people.

They use their welfare rife street thugs to shout down working people and to loot the VERY people TRYING to help them. They use their Homo Jihadists to shout down Christian morals and ethics. They resort to BLATANT bigotry when faced with someone of another color speaking against them.

They used GUILT to get this current fool elected so that card is burnt. Now they try to instill fear much like the days of old with their KKK and Jim Crowe laws. But their Jim Crowe laws are not for just black people this time but for ANYBODY who does not THINK like them.

Obo-tards are running scared. Almost 60% of America finds Hillary dishonest OR a liar. Those two things do not garner votes. This leaves them with ONE lone tactic. To try and shut up the voices of FREE people.

They use their welfare rife street thugs to shout down working people and to loot the VERY people TRYING to help them. They use their Homo Jihadists to shout down Christian morals and ethics. They resort to BLATANT bigotry when faced with someone of another color speaking against them.

They used GUILT to get this current fool elected so that card is burnt. Now they try to instill fear much like the days of old with their KKK and Jim Crowe laws. But their Jim Crowe laws are not for just black people this time but for ANYBODY who does not THINK like them.

All true, I just hope the people kicked them out of congress see through this again and kicks them out of lives come 2016
they are so transparent it is a sickness they grow up with. but look at their party filled with hateful, nasty people

This is a pretty sad situation, no matter how these kids got poor.
But here we are, the world's weathiest country who has "In God We Trust" on our money and "under God" in our Pledge of Alligence and innocent kids are treated this way.
Ask yourself, what would God do?

who say's we are the "wealthiest" anymore?

we are being taxed and fined by these governments. Giving out our monies for welfare, food stamps, medical, unemployment, etc etc. Yet we are suppose to BELIEVE we are number one in child poverty. SERIOUSLY

I'm glad you think we are so wealthy. just the people you vote and these people at the UN is that.

Stephanie

Aw hon, don't worry. And no one expects to you give flying fuck about innocent children going hungry. The Dems won't take your welfare, your food stamps, your Medicaid and you can keep right on shoving your govt cheese in your fat face.

But, if a Republican gets elected prez, you're pretty much SOL.

:woohoo:

Not really. I believe it was Obama that took tax credits away from middle class tax payers with children.

All true, I just hope the people kicked them out of congress see through this again and kicks them out of lives come 2016
they are so transparent it is a sickness they grow up with. but look at their party filled with hateful, nasty people

You've said many times that you want the people to "kick them out of lives in 2016". What does that mean?

Let's see...by any objective analysis, the war on poverty started 50 years ago and yet we have more poverty today than we did before it started.

It's really simple: when government subsidizes something, you get more of it.

BTW...no one in our political class is demanding an end of anti-poverty programs...to suggest the Rs are, is proof you have been propagandized or are a foolish partisan.
The Numbers Are Staggering: U.S. Is 'World Leader' in Child Poverty

By Paul Buchheit / AlterNet

April 13, 2015

America's wealth grew by 60 percent in the past six years, by over $30 trillion. In approximately the same time, the number of homeless children has also grown by 60 percent.

Financier and CEO Peter Schiff said, "People don’t go hungry in a capitalist economy." The 16 million kids on food stamps know what it's like to go hungry. Perhaps, some in Congress would say, those children should be working. "There is no such thing as a free lunch," insisted Georgia Representative Jack Kingston, even for schoolkids, who should be required to "sweep the floor of the cafeteria" (as theyactually do at a charter school in Texas).

$5 a Day for Food, But Congress Thought it was Too Much.

Nearly half of all food stamp recipients are children, and they averaged about $5 a day for their meals before the 2014 farm bill cut $8.6 billion (over the next ten years) from the food stamp program.

For Every 2 Homeless Children in 2006, There Are Now 3

On a typical frigid night in January, 138,000 children, according to the U.S. Department of Housing, were without a place to call home.

That's about the same number of households that have each increased their wealth by $10 million per yearsince the recession.

The US: Near the Bottom in Education, and Sinking

The U.S. ranks near the bottom of the developed worldin the percentage of 4-year-olds in early childhood education. Early education should be a primary goal for the future, as numerous studies have shown that pre-school helps all children to achieve more and earn more through adulthood, with the most disadvantaged benefiting the most. But we're going in the opposite direction. Head Start was recently hit with the worst cutbacks in its history.

Children's Rights? Not in the U.S.

It's hard to comprehend the thinking of people who cut funding for homeless and hungry children. It may be delusion about trickle-down, it may be indifference to poverty, it may be resentment toward people unable to "make it on their own."

The indifference and resentment and disdain for society reach around the globe. Only two nations still refuse to ratify the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child: South Sudan and the United States.

Kingston isn't the only Republican to say kids should work in their schools. Remember when Newt Gingrich said they should clean the toilets at school?

I realize they're not fetuses but we cannot let the Republicans get away with cutting food stamps.
Let's see...by any objective analysis, the war on poverty started 50 years ago and yet we have more poverty today than we did before it started.

It's really simple: when government subsidizes something, you get more of it.

BTW...no one in our political class is demanding an end to the welfare state...to suggest the Rs are, is proof you have been propagandized or you are a foolish partisan.

Stephanie

Instead of hiding behind your usual childish name calling, why don't you post proof that the OP is wrong?

Hmmm?

You've said many times that you want the people to "kick them out of lives in 2016". What does that mean?

It means she is in favor of getting government out of our private lives. You know, things like abortion and marriage equality - stuff that has no place in our government.

The day of reckoning is coming for the white christian party and their ilk

I wish that were true because they do enormous damage to a lot of innocent people.

yes and the dark skinned ISIS Muslims do so much good!! Today 700 drowned thanks to ISIS Muslims and this perfect fool is worried about white Christians!! If thats not criminal stupidity I don't know what is!!

- stuff that has no place in our government.

too stupid and virtually insane!! the liberal is 100% about getting govt more and more and more involved in our lives. They exist for nothing more while libertarians and conservatives are the exact opposite,although even they object to murdering your baby and the liberal war on the family which liberals they have virtually won.

Forum List

Back