US embassy cables leak sparks global diplomatic crisis

Actually, this information itself does matter in the scheme of things considering what this means for foreign policy for countries throughout the world. I'm sure U.S is not the only one doing some of things to say the least.

Yeah, maybe. Or not. I am leaning further and further toward believing that Wikileaks is operating as an agent FOR the US and not opposing them.

What is most striking about the leaks to date is how they are hardly damaging, not how they are deeply damning.

And alerting the State dept in advance kind of derails the mission. The WH signed off on what the NYT released. Think about that. The WH vetted the cables and signed off on their release. JUST like a book written by a former CIA op. Vetted, signed off on and released.

Sounds like ordinary propaganda channels to me.
This is damaging to our relations with all other countries we have military treaties and diplomatic relations with. How does it help the situation in the ME for the world to know that certain Middle Eastern states would sanction an attack on Iran by Israel, because they lack the nerve to do it themselves, to remove the threat (particularly a nuclear Iran with missiles) of a nuclear Iran?

This guy needs to be charged with espionage, and treated as an enemy combatant because he has clearly declared war on US.

I reassert that the WH and DOD were knee deep in this, they vetted and approved of the release, and so far it looks as if this recent leak has done more to assist than to undermine the US, Britain, Israel and Saudi Arabia.

Forum List

Back