US Bank Lending Slumps by Most on Record in Final Weeks of March

RhodyPatriot

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2022
The danger signals just keep on coming.

The latest? Signs of a looming credit crunch of massive proportions, thanks to the Fed's easy money and China Joe's "Green New Deal" credit card spree.

Commercial bank lending dropped nearly $105 billion in the two weeks ended March 29, the most in Federal Reserve data back to 1973. The more than $45 billion decrease in the latest week was primarily due to a a drop in loans by small banks.

The pullback in total lending in the last half of March was broad and included fewer real estate loans, as well as commercial and industrial loans.

The music has almost stopped, and very few chairs remain.

Last edited:
Now do student loans.

We're subsidizing the interest to the tune of literally billions per month.

Utter insanity.

And when the Supreme Court strikes down "Forgiveness" this June, watch China Joe extend the moratorium again.

Courtesy of the US taxpayer, of course.

We're subsidizing the interest to the tune of literally billions per month.

Utter insanity.

And when the Supreme Court strikes down "Forgiveness" this June, watch China Joe extend the moratorium again.

Courtesy of the US taxpayer, of course.
You seem to not care about the tens of billions given to the wealthy during 2020.

You seem to not care about the tens of billions given to the wealthy during 2020.

No.

I simply know that the gasoline Herr Biden poured on that fire was a thousand times worse, particularly since "COVID" was understood by most as not being a serious threat by the time he stole office.

But thanks for playing "Gaslight This Thread!"

I'm afraid we're all outta take home prizes.

No.

I simply know that the gasoline Herr Biden poured on that fire was a thousand times worse, particularly since "COVID" was understood by most as not being a serious threat by the time he stole office.

But thanks for playing "Gaslight This Thread!"

I'm afraid we're all outta take home prizes.
Inflation was high growing up and jobs were hard to find if you had one layoffs were frequent, but today is a cakewalk because I know how to live with it and earn more money when needed. Plus my last of four kids is about to move out and I have no wife to pay.

Inflation was high growing up and jobs were hard to find if you had one layoffs were frequent, but today is a cakewalk because I know how to live with it and earn more money when needed. Plus my last of four kids is about to move out and I have no wife to pay.

This has been yet another compelling personal tale from Moonglow.

Bask in it, kiddos.

The danger signs just keep on coming.

The latest? Signs of a looming credit crunch of massive proportions, thanks to the Fed's easy money and China Joe's "Green New Deal" credit card spree.

The music has almost stopped, and very few chairs remain.
US Bank aquired Union Bank MUFG

I actually see advantages for small banks in the crisis. They can lend locally and know their clients better. Didn't over invest in low yield bonds. Of course there was a pull back to evaluate lending policies and monitor deposit levels.

Forum List

Back