Uri Avnery: The Jews and Ukraine

What exactly are you trying to tell us George??

Obviously it has something to do with the Jews being evil and whatnot, but I don't really understand the point of this thread ..

That upheaval was consummated on February 20th when Neo-Nazi snipers murdered police and opposition supporters alike.

Based on past history, it will be Ukraine's Jews who pay the biggest price.

Eastern Ukraine synagogue hit by firebombs | Jewish Telegraphic Agency

I appreciate your "concern."
Historically, whenever a spasm occurs in Europe the Jews are targeted, often by all sides of the conflict.
Once home to 2.7 million Jews, Ukraine's Jewish population has dwindled to about 65,000 ... hardly enough to warrant the building of ovens or even enough for a good bonfire.
Sorry.
Doesn't means Islamist like George can't have their dreams of another Holocaust.

Oh what am I saying. I forgot, the holocaust was fake. Right Georgie Porgy puddin' pie? LOL

What exactly are you trying to tell us George??

Obviously it has something to do with the Jews being evil and whatnot, but I don't really understand the point of this thread ..

That upheaval was consummated on February 20th when Neo-Nazi snipers murdered police and opposition supporters alike.

Historically, whenever a spasm occurs in Europe the Jews are targeted, often by all sides of the conflict.
Once home to 2.7 million Jews, Ukraine's Jewish population has dwindled to about 65,000 ... hardly enough to warrant the building of ovens or even enough for a good bonfire.
Sorry.
Yes; you are:

"Ukraine has a Jewish population of 360,000 to 400,000 people, with about a quarter of the country’s Jews living in Kiev, according to the European Jewish Congress. The Jewish Agency put the figure at 200,000."

Sorry.
Yes; you are:

"Ukraine has a Jewish population of 360,000 to 400,000 people, with about a quarter of the country’s Jews living in Kiev, according to the European Jewish Congress. The Jewish Agency put the figure at 200,000."

What's your point George? Other than trying to prove that you're just a sick anti Semite. Let us know when you have one.

Sorry.
Yes; you are:

You say potato, I say tomato:

Rank Country Population % of Jewry (2012)

Israel - 5,901,100
United States - 5,425,000
France - 480,000
Canada - 375,000
U.K. - 291,000
Russia - 194,000
Argentina - 181,800
Germany - 119,000
Australia - 112,000
Brazil - 95,300
Ukraine - 70,200
South Africa - 67,000

Jewish Population of the World | Jewish Virtual Library

Sorry.
Yes; you are:

You say potato, I say tomato:

Rank Country Population % of Jewry (2012)

Israel - 5,901,100
United States - 5,425,000
France - 480,000
Canada - 375,000
U.K. - 291,000
Russia - 194,000
Argentina - 181,800
Germany - 119,000
Australia - 112,000
Brazil - 95,300
Ukraine - 70,200
South Africa - 67,000

Jewish Population of the World | Jewish Virtual Library
There appears to be wide disagreement over how many Jews are currently living in Ukraine:

"During the 1990s, some 266,300 Ukrainian Jews emigrated to Israel as part of a wave of mass emigration of Jews from the former Soviet Union to Israel in the 1990s.[72] The 2001 Ukrainian Census counted 106,600 Jews living in Ukraine[73] (the number of Jews also dropped due to a negative birthrate[72]).

"According to the Public Diplomacy and Diaspora Affairs Minister of Israel, early 2012 there were 250,000 Jews in Ukraine, half of them living in Kiev.[3]

"By 1999 there were various Ukrainian Jewish organizations who disputed each other's legitimacy."

Maybe there's no common definition of "Jew"?

History of the Jews in Ukraine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry.
Yes; you are:

What's your point George? Other than trying to prove that you're just a sick anti Semite. Let us know when you have one.

Of course, Mr. George is a two-bit anti-Semite who uses the Jews as his scapegoat. He would have not hesitated to be a guard in a concentration camp where he cracked his whip and yelled "Mach Schnell, Juden" all day long. Perhaps Mr. George should ask some of the Ukrainians in his own town (of which there are many) how they (unlike him) are able to live in nice homes in nice neighborhoods. Those like Mr. George always need a scapegoat in their lives, and their scapegoat is always the group which has a small population in the world.

There is no confusion which side to take here. Russia has invaded a sovereign nation, even after it agreed to not do that in writing, in exchange for Ukraine giving up its nukes.

Sure, have Ukraine, Russia, Germany, Austria, Poland, Japan, and many other nations had demons in their past? Yes. Do all of them need to get invaded because if it?

There is no evidence of "Neo Nazis in Ukraine" or Russians being attacked by Ukrainians. These are all lies perpetrated by the Russians to justify an invasion of another country. Plain and simple.

What if anything can and should the US do about it? Not too many options at this point, had we not had a president who projected weakness and indecision throughout the world, the last 6 years. Russia just saw an opening and opportunity and made its move. No nation is afraid of the US at this point. All of America's enemies, N. Korea, Iran, China etc. are going to make their big moves in the next year or two. War is in the forecast, unfortunately.

Excellent answer. I agree with you, Roudy.

"WHERE WILL this leave Netanyahu?

"He has gained some months or years without any movement toward peace, and in the meantime can continue with the occupation and build settlements at a frantic pace.

"That is the traditional Zionist strategy.

"Time is everything.

"Every postponement provides opportunities to create more facts on the ground.

"Netanyahu’s prayers have been answered.

"God bless Putin."

Israel and Ukraine » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

"WHERE WILL this leave Netanyahu?

"He has gained some months or years without any movement toward peace, and in the meantime can continue with the occupation and build settlements at a frantic pace.

"That is the traditional Zionist strategy.

"Time is everything.

"Every postponement provides opportunities to create more facts on the ground.

"Netanyahu’s prayers have been answered.

"God bless Putin."

Instead of showing us all the time how eagerly you are awaiting to be a Dhimmi by your constantly trying to blame everything on your favorite scapegoats, why not find some articles for us which leaves out the Jews and Israel, and start looking at the crisis from another slant. Perhaps the author of this article is right when it comes to what is happening in the Ukraine. So many ethnic Russian men were killed during World War II, during the Communist years with all the shortages I doubt couples were wanting large families, and even now women in Russia are not having many children. Spread yourself a little wider, Mr. George, instead of always depending on your anti-Semitic sites.

Asia Times Online :: More sitcom than CENTCOM

"I am an American and a hawk who wants America to be the world's dominant superpower. Whatever our errors, we are the only nation in the world capable of altruism.

"We hawks had a mandate after September 11, 2011, such as no-one had in America since Pearl Harbor, and we misplayed hand after hand until our chips are nearly gone.

"If we fail to understand the underlying trends that drive events and the motivations of the main actors, we will be out of the game entirely.

What should we have done in Ukraine?

"As I wrote on February 20, the West had the opportunity to promote a constitutional referendum including the option of partition.

"If Russian speakers in Crimea or the Donbas region preferred affiliation with Russia, so be it. Ukraine's constitution was in ruins before the Russians moved in.

"The odious Viktor Yanukovich beat the 'Gas Princess' Yulia Timoshenko in a reasonably fair election in 2010, and proceeded to abuse his presidential powers.

"When the Maidan Square demonstrators chased him out, Ukraine's parliament voted unanimously to dismiss him. The absence of a single 'nay' recalls Soviet-era majorities."

"I am an American and a hawk who wants America to be the world's dominant superpower. Whatever our errors, we are the only nation in the world capable of altruism.

"We hawks had a mandate after September 11, 2011, such as no-one had in America since Pearl Harbor, and we misplayed hand after hand until our chips are nearly gone.

"If we fail to understand the underlying trends that drive events and the motivations of the main actors, we will be out of the game entirely.

"As I wrote on February 20, the West had the opportunity to promote a constitutional referendum including the option of partition.

"If Russian speakers in Crimea or the Donbas region preferred affiliation with Russia, so be it. Ukraine's constitution was in ruins before the Russians moved in.

"The odious Viktor Yanukovich beat the 'Gas Princess' Yulia Timoshenko in a reasonably fair election in 2010, and proceeded to abuse his presidential powers.

"When the Maidan Square demonstrators chased him out, Ukraine's parliament voted unanimously to dismiss him. The absence of a single 'nay' recalls Soviet-era majorities."

Since Mr. George can't stand this country, I wonder if he can tell us why people from all over the world are clamoring to be allowed to come to America and eventually become citizens. They would be most happy to trade places with Mr. George, and he can go live in their old country. By the way, Mr. Georgie, instead of just picking out parts of this man's article that shows that you can't stand this country, what have you to say regarding his statement about population. I can see his point; and what makes this country great, is that we are basically a country of "mutts" whose ancestors (and even new arrivals) come from all over the world. Perhaps Mr. George can interview some of the Ukrainians in his own area and ask them why they emigrated from the Ukraine. He can also go to the San Gabriel Valley and ask the Asians why they left their country of origin to come to America. Maybe after hearing from these different groups, he will appreciate America more.

Since Mr. George can't stand this country, I wonder if he can tell us why people from all over the world are clamoring to be allowed to come to America and eventually become citizens. They would be most happy to trade places with Mr. George, and he can go live in their old country. By the way, Mr. Georgie, instead of just picking out parts of this man's article that shows that you can't stand this country, what have you to say regarding his statement about population. I can see his point; and what makes this country great, is that we are basically a country of "mutts" whose ancestors (and even new arrivals) come from all over the world. Perhaps Mr. George can interview some of the Ukrainians in his own area and ask them why they emigrated from the Ukraine. He can also go to the San Gabriel Valley and ask the Asians why they left their country of origin to come to America. Maybe after hearing from these different groups, he will appreciate America more.
Hasbara Sally Sieg Heils for Svoboda

"Oleksandr Sych, one of three vice prime ministers, is a member of the controversial Svoboda party, whose leader charged that Ukraine was being controlled by a 'Muscovite-Jewish mafia' before last month's revolution.

"Members of Svoboda also run the agriculture and environment ministries. Last year, the World Jewish Congress called on the European Union to consider banning what it considered neo-Nazi parties, including Svoboda."

Americans from the San Gabriel Valley to the South Coast know that fascists like Sieg Heil Sally selectively endorse ethnic cleansing whenever the right ethnic groups have their land and water rights stolen by force of arms.

National View: Ukraine's test from within | SouthCoastToday.com

"Oleksandr Sych, one of three vice prime ministers, is a member of the controversial Svoboda party, whose leader charged that Ukraine was being controlled by a 'Muscovite-Jewish mafia' before last month's revolution.

"Members of Svoboda also run the agriculture and environment ministries. Last year, the World Jewish Congress called on the European Union to consider banning what it considered neo-Nazi parties, including Svoboda."

Americans from the San Gabriel Valley to the South Coast know that fascists like Sieg Heil Sally selectively endorse ethnic cleansing whenever the right ethnic groups have their land and water rights stolen by force of arms.

I think many of the readers can figure out your animosity toward the Jews and Israel, Mr. George. However, the crisis in the Ukraine is not all about the Jews. Now what did you think of the explanation given by the author of that article regarding population? Do you think he has something there or not? Naturally there are those Ukrainians who will blame everything on the Jews as we can see from Mr. George's article. Their ancestors were the ones who committed the pogroms against the Ukrainian Jews. Yes, Mr. George, you should only live as nice as the Asians and Ukrainians in Southern California. They don't need a scapegoat in their lives and don't depend on the government to help them with housing.

I think many of the readers can figure out your animosity toward the Jews and Israel, Mr. George. However, the crisis in the Ukraine is not all about the Jews. Now what did you think of the explanation given by the author of that article regarding population? Do you think he has something there or not? Naturally there are those Ukrainians who will blame everything on the Jews as we can see from Mr. George's article. Their ancestors were the ones who committed the pogroms against the Ukrainian Jews. Yes, Mr. George, you should only live as nice as the Asians and Ukrainians in Southern California. They don't need a scapegoat in their lives and don't depend on the government to help them with housing.
You should learn to stay on topic, Hasbara Sally:

"The ADL doesn’t address the fact that former Israeli soldiers fought alongside with known neo-Nazi militants who now claim to reject antisemitism. This sends the paradoxical message that neo-Nazism is somehow acceptable.

"It is worth noting that the US media as well as the ADL refrain from using the terms 'neo-Nazi' , neo-fascist and 'extremist'.

"Instead of condemning this abnormal alliance, the ADL sees a glimmer of hope in the 'promises of Right Sector and Spilna Sprava', groups which the Israeli media itself qualified as 'fascist and neo-Nazi'.

"Along with similar fascist and neo-Nazi groups such as Spilna Sprava (Common Cause) and Afgantsy (a coalition of veterans from the Soviet war in Afghanistan), Pravy Sektor has played a key role both in seizing government buildings and providing security for the sprawling protest camps against riot police. (Ari Soffer, Ukraine: Neo-Nazi Militia Leader Threatens ‘Civil War’, Arutz Sheva, February 5, 2014)

"Israel’s Haaretz also reported that members of Svoboda and Pravy Sektor, were 'flying flags with neo-Nazi symbols' and were 'distributing freshly translated editions of Mein Kampf and the Protocols of the Elders of Zion in Independence Square.' (Anshel Pfeffer, The new dilemma for Jews in Ukraine, February 25, 2014)"

?Democratization? and Anti-Semitism in Ukraine: When Neo-Nazi Symbols become ?The New Normal? | Global Research

"The ADL doesn’t address the fact that former Israeli soldiers fought alongside with known neo-Nazi militants who now claim to reject antisemitism. This sends the paradoxical message that neo-Nazism is somehow acceptable.

"It is worth noting that the US media as well as the ADL refrain from using the terms 'neo-Nazi' , neo-fascist and 'extremist'.

"Instead of condemning this abnormal alliance, the ADL sees a glimmer of hope in the 'promises of Right Sector and Spilna Sprava', groups which the Israeli media itself qualified as 'fascist and neo-Nazi'.

"Along with similar fascist and neo-Nazi groups such as Spilna Sprava (Common Cause) and Afgantsy (a coalition of veterans from the Soviet war in Afghanistan), Pravy Sektor has played a key role both in seizing government buildings and providing security for the sprawling protest camps against riot police. (Ari Soffer, Ukraine: Neo-Nazi Militia Leader Threatens ‘Civil War’, Arutz Sheva, February 5, 2014)

"Israel’s Haaretz also reported that members of Svoboda and Pravy Sektor, were 'flying flags with neo-Nazi symbols' and were 'distributing freshly translated editions of Mein Kampf and the Protocols of the Elders of Zion in Independence Square.' (Anshel Pfeffer, The new dilemma for Jews in Ukraine, February 25, 2014)"

?Democratization? and Anti-Semitism in Ukraine: When Neo-Nazi Symbols become ?The New Normal? | Global Research

Listen, Mr. George, knowing your animosity toward the Jews (given your desperate need for a scapegoat) and your loads of propaganda sites where you find articles written by anti-Semites and leftist Jews, it is no surprise that you are trying to blame the crises in the Ukraine on the Jews. However, since most people don't go to the sites you always run to, they read the news and the news is not full of the Jews being behind what is going on in the Ukraine. If you feel you must blame the Jews, how about you blame these old Jews in the Ukraine as being against Russia who are taking up arms to fight those nasty Russians. By the way, Herr George, the NeoNazis are so grateful that you are blaming the Jews in the Ukraine that they want you to come over there and help them pass out the Protocols of the Elders of Zion and Mein Kampf. They are so eager for your help that they are willing to pay for your airplane ticket.

Survivor Letters | Survivor Mitzvah Project - Site to aid Jewish Holocaust survivors

Listen, Mr. George, knowing your animosity toward the Jews (given your desperate need for a scapegoat) and your loads of propaganda sites where you find articles written by anti-Semites and leftist Jews, it is no surprise that you are trying to blame the crises in the Ukraine on the Jews. However, since most people don't go to the sites you always run to, they read the news and the news is not full of the Jews being behind what is going on in the Ukraine. If you feel you must blame the Jews, how about you blame these old Jews in the Ukraine as being against Russia who are taking up arms to fight those nasty Russians. By the way, Herr George, the NeoNazis are so grateful that you are blaming the Jews in the Ukraine that they want you to come over there and help them pass out the Protocols of the Elders of Zion and Mein Kampf. They are so eager for your help that they are willing to pay for your airplane ticket.

Survivor Letters | Survivor Mitzvah Project - Site to aid Jewish Holocaust survivors
'Jew first, Has(ally)bara

"JERUSALEM, March 12 (Reuters) - A Ukrainian Jewish leader opposed to the Russian takeover of Crimea failed to drum up support this week from Israel, which is sitting out the crisis pitting its U.S. ally against Moscow.

"Edward Dolinsky, head of the Ukrainian Jewish Committee, made a lobbying trip to Jerusalem with influential Ukrainian Jewish lawmaker Alexander Feldman. They were not received by officials from Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's government."

Ukrainian Jewish head raps Israeli reticence on Crimea crisis | Reuters

"JERUSALEM, March 12 (Reuters) - A Ukrainian Jewish leader opposed to the Russian takeover of Crimea failed to drum up support this week from Israel, which is sitting out the crisis pitting its U.S. ally against Moscow.

"Edward Dolinsky, head of the Ukrainian Jewish Committee, made a lobbying trip to Jerusalem with influential Ukrainian Jewish lawmaker Alexander Feldman. They were not received by officials from Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's government."

While Mr. George is still busy finding news about his favorite scapegoats, as the readers can see he was not interested in the other threads that were posted about the Ukraine since his scapegoats weren't mentioned. Meanwhile, there is other news about the Ukraine which doesn't involve Mr. George's scapegoats, and even analysis and opinion pieces by Russians and Ukrainians who certainly are keeping an eye on the crisis.

UN Security Council Vote Saturday On Ukraine Resolution Eurasia Review

Is The Crimean Referendum Legal? - Analysis Eurasia Review

History, Myth And The Struggle Over Crimea - OpEd Eurasia Review

No Right To Choose In Crimean Referendum - OpEd Eurasia Review

While Mr. George is still busy finding news about his favorite scapegoats, as the readers can see he was not interested in the other threads that were posted about the Ukraine since his scapegoats weren't mentioned. Meanwhile, there is other news about the Ukraine which doesn't involve Mr. George's scapegoats, and even analysis and opinion pieces by Russians and Ukrainians who certainly are keeping an eye on the crisis.

Hasbara Sally has forgotten the name of this thread:

"BINYAMIN NETANYAHU is very good at making speeches, especially to Jews, neocons and such, who jump up and applaud wildly at everything he says, including that tomorrow the sun will rise in the west.

"The question is: is he good at anything else?

"HIS FATHER, an ultra-ultra-Rightist, once said about him that he is quite unfit to be prime minister, but that he could be a good foreign minister. What he meant was that Binyamin does not have the depth of understanding needed to guide the nation, but that he is good at selling any policy decided upon by a real leader.

"(Reminding us of the characterization of Abba Eban by David Ben-Gurion: 'He is very good at explaining, but you must tell him what to explain.')"

And she's not even very good at explaining what she's been told to explain:eek:

"BINYAMIN NETANYAHU is very good at making speeches, especially to Jews, neocons and such, who jump up and applaud wildly at everything he says, including that tomorrow the sun will rise in the west.

"HIS FATHER, an ultra-ultra-Rightist, once said about him that he is quite unfit to be prime minister, but that he could be a good foreign minister. What he meant was that Binyamin does not have the depth of understanding needed to guide the nation, but that he is good at selling any policy decided upon by a real leader.

"(Reminding us of the characterization of Abba Eban by David Ben-Gurion: 'He is very good at explaining, but you must tell him what to explain.')"

I am sure that the readers are smart enough to realize that Herr George only started this thread because it involves his scapegoats. As the readers can figure out, he has no interest in the other threads about the Ukraine because they don't involve his scapegoats. There is a lot going on in the Ukraine and Russia which doesn't involve Herr George's scapegoats, but Herr George is not interested in that.

Ukraine: Over 5,000 Kalashnikovs, Other Guns Stolen From Military Bases - Report Eurasia Review

I am sure that the readers are smart enough to realize that Herr George only started this thread because it involves his scapegoats. As the readers can figure out, he has no interest in the other threads about the Ukraine because they don't involve his scapegoats. There is a lot going on in the Ukraine and Russia which doesn't involve Herr George's scapegoats, but Herr George is not interested in that.

Ukraine: Over 5,000 Kalashnikovs, Other Guns Stolen From Military Bases - Report Eurasia Review
"Some Jewish writers, like Arthur Koestler and Shlomo Sand, believe that the Khazar empire that ruled the Crimea and neighboring territory a thousand years ago, converted to Judaism, and that most Ashkenazi Jews are descended from them. This would turn us all into Ukrainians. (Many early Zionist leaders indeed came from Ukraine.)

"When Ukraine was a part of the extensive Polish empire, many Polish noblemen took hold of large estates there. They employed Jews as their managers. Thus the Ukrainian peasants came to look upon the Jews as the agents of their oppressors, and anti-Semitism became part of the national culture of Ukraine.

"As we learned in school, at every turn of Ukrainian history, the Jews were slaughtered. The names of most Ukrainian folk-heroes, leaders and rebels who are revered in their homeland are, in Jewish consciousness, connected with awful pogroms."

Which threads does Hasbara Sally contribute to that don't involve Jews?

Forum List

Back