The Universal Cat Distribution System (UCDS)… [Anyone in the Sacramento area want a kitten?]

Bob Blaylock

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2015
38°29′ North 121°26′ West
It's a mythical supernatural premise that somehow the Universe intelligently sends cats where they are needed, to those who need them.

It has occurred to me that the UCDS has tried to send my wife and I five (5) cats, beyond the two (2) that we've intentionally obtained through non-supernatural means.

Our first cat was Felix, a Maine Coon mix who Seanette obtained at a shelter shortly after we returned from our honeymoon in 1995. He was with us until he passed away over Thanksgiving weekend in 2011.

1690558313732.png

A few days after Felix passed away, we acquired Allie, a Siamese, who is still with us.

1690558369387.png

Those were our two non-UCDS cats.

In 2012, Seanette found a very young kitten on the grounds of our apartment complex.

1690557328995.png

She was with us for a few days, while Seanette frantically struggled to find a suitable home for her.

Last April 2022, a cat that had been a stray around our apartment for several years suddenly decided that he's our cat. We've kept him, and you've all surely seen pictures of Buddy in my posts over the past year.

ZSC_7800-topaz-denoiseraw-sharpen2281x3193.jpg

Last December 2022, a mother/daughter pair of cats appeared on our patio. They were with us for a few days as Seanette struggled very greatly to find a home for them. It seems that all the shelters were full at this time. She did eventually find a foster to take them, who has since reported that both have been placed in permanent homes.

1690557727491.png
1690557757621.png

And just last night, worried that Buddy had been out an awful long time, Seanette went out looking for him, and was instead followed home by this little guy.

ZSC_7834_3285x2190-topaz-denoise-sharpen.png

We cannot keep him, of course, and so once again, the process begins of finding someone who can take him.

Any of you anywhere near Sacramento, that have room in your homes to take in a kitten?

The UCDS seems to think that my wife and I should have more cats than we can, in fact, begin to think of taking care of. We're only allowed two in our apartment, and the two that we have barely coexist with each other, and neither is willing to tolerate any long term intrusion by any additional cats.

Last edited:
Of all the technology our government is researching, we should increase our funding for cat technology. If we could adapt the process where feeding one feral cat quickly produces at least 4 or 5 more feral cats, and apply that to power plants, we would have all the power plants we could ever need.

• Banned
Here's a better picture of the UCDS' latest attempt to foist an excess cat on Seanette and me. He's a sweet little guy, and I wish we could keep him, but we just cannot. In the background, of course, is Buddy, the one UCDS cat that we did accept.

ZSC_7849-topaz-denoiseraw-sharpenG5664x3500.jpg

Forum List

Back