Update: Discharged!

&

☭proletarian☭

"She's excited that she's no longer facing jail and can still be with her son, which is the most important thing," said Rai Sue Sussman, Hutchinson's civilian attorney. "We're very happy about it right now."
The decision still carries consequences for Hutchinson. She is being demoted in rank to private and will lose benefits afforded to military service members and veterans, Fort Stewart spokesman Kevin Larson said.

FOXNews.com - Single-Mom Discharged From Army After Refusing Deployment

Wins all around. The Army gets rid of an unreliable soldier who refused to fulfill her obligation and make good on her oath, and she has all the time she needs to be with her child.

☭proletarian☭;2001409 said:
"She's excited that she's no longer facing jail and can still be with her son, which is the most important thing," said Rai Sue Sussman, Hutchinson's civilian attorney. "We're very happy about it right now."
The decision still carries consequences for Hutchinson. She is being demoted in rank to private and will lose benefits afforded to military service members and veterans, Fort Stewart spokesman Kevin Larson said.

Wins all around. The Army gets rid of an unreliable soldier who refused to fulfill her obligation and make good on her oath, and she has all the time she needs to be with her child.

Dishonorable discharge is going to make it hard for her to find a good paying job with a decent company.

I will not hire anyone with one now for my business nor when I worked for Frito Lay.

Now we will have another mouth to feed on WIC, food stamps and welfare while she sits on her ass.

Maybe she just felt guilty about being involved in war crimes while fighting an illegal war in two sovereign nations ?
Three if you count Pakistan.

She may have had other reasons along with the child care issue, who knows. I think there is a lot more to this entire story, so I will withhold any comment till the 'rest of the story' rolls in, if ever. I don't really care at this point.

Maybe she just felt guilty about being involved in war crimes while fighting an illegal war in two sovereign nations ?

Gee. Ya think she might have thought of all that before she enlisted and got pregnant??

Dishonorable discharge is going to make it hard for her to find a good paying job with a decent company.

I will not hire anyone with one now for my business nor when I worked for Frito Lay.

Now we will have another mouth to feed on WIC, food stamps and welfare while she sits on her ass.

Where does it say she got a dishonorable discharge? It said she was being busted down to private.

What's illegal about these wars?

How is this a win for anyone. She just sucked three years of salary out of this country, that she did nothing for, and I'm sure her and her little bundle of crotch fruit will be heading right for the welfare office. Once again a Father in the black community is not around to support a child he spawned

Great win

What's illegal about these wars?

He/she has been watching Pat Tillman documentaries again.
A former NFL football player turned soldier said it so it must be true.

Where does it say she got a dishonorable discharge? It said she was being busted down to private.

Yep but no post service benefits from the military either.
Which is probably why she enlisted in the first place.

They gave her an administrative discharge, not a dishonorable one (according to the article) probably to avoid a big press problem.
"Boohoo poor unwed mother can't get anyone to care for her baby, mean old army."
Though this does encourage other women in the army who decide they are afraid of going to a war zone to "have baby problems"
Military should have instead offered to have someone from the military take care of the baby. Then when she was overseas dock her pay for the child care.

She was supposed to have a plan in place. I think the Army will be a lot more ferocious about this in the future.

she did NOT get a dishonorable discharge, it said she got an "administrative discharge"....

AND as I said on the other thread about this...she would NOT be court martialed and this would be settled without such!

she also worked the years she was in her position so she did not take anything that was not due...

Not completing her service, she is not eligible for veterans benefits, which is understandable.

Isn't "Administrative" still less than "Honorable?"

On employment forms the question usually is "Less than Honorable" discharges.

(I honestly don't know and am seeking information. This is not a rhetorical question)

Isn't "Administrative" still less than "Honorable?"

On employment forms the question usually is "Less than Honorable" discharges.

(I honestly don't know and am seeking information. This is not a rhetorical question)

There are a range, but an administrative discharge is actually in the class known as Honorable.
Convenience of the Government is a type of honorable discharge given when the Government is unable to fulfill their end of a contract.
My understanding is that "Other than Honorable" is generally reserved for chronic minor troublemakers while Dishonorable means you probably spent time in Leavenworth or similar.

Do you ONLY hire veterans?

And since you discriminate in hiring then you deserve to have to pay higher taxes to support this woman..... bend over and spread, LOL..... I hope they totally rock it to you!

I had a republican friend who felt the same way you do, even talked crap about people on WIC. Her husband got laid off from the railroad for six months last year, guess who went on WIC to help feed her family?
And by the way she wasn't dishonorably discharged, you fucking idiot!

Last edited:

More GOP family values?

It sounds like she got a "General Discharge" or a "Bad Conduct Discharge" (BCD)

Neither are Dishonerables but both will limit your benefits.

She may have had other reasons along with the child care issue, who knows. I think there is a lot more to this entire story, so I will withhold any comment till the 'rest of the story' rolls in, if ever. I don't really care at this point.

If you were a soldier and were scheduled to deploy and the arrangements you made for child care fell through just before you were to deploy. Are you saying that not having your child placed in foster care would not be enough, in and of itself, to make you refuse deployment?

Forum List

Back