Up to 300 million expected at Rally to Restore Sanity

Could be the largest gathering in history!

Stage set on National Mall for Stewart, Colbert rally - CNN.com

Washington (CNN) -- Comedy Central funnymen Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert will hold a rally on the National Mall Saturday, putting a satirical spin on partisan politics three days before midterm elections.

Stewart and Colbert's "Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear" is scheduled to start at noon.

They announced the rally in September, less than three weeks after conservative talk-show host Glenn Beck hosted a much-publicized "Restoring Honor" rally on the National Mall, urging large crowds to "turn back to God" and return America to the values on which it was founded.

Since then, Stewart's rally has grabbed headlines -- many asking, could the man making a living off mocking politicians actually be stepping into political activism?

The comedian hasn't offered many specifics.

"This is for the people that are too busy, that have jobs and lives, and are tired of their reflection in the media as being a divided country and a country that's ideological and conflicted and fighting. This is for those people," Stewart told CNN's Larry King

Whos posterior did they pull out that expected turnout number? I hope they are religous.

I suspect it would take more then a prayer or wishful thinking.

It's a spoof. It would take every man, woman, and child in America to show up to reach that 300 million.

And why did he have to make that statement? For what purpose exactly? What was Lebowitz trying to say?

He was saying he knew jackoff rightwingers would be making an issue of it......

Looks like you proved him right

None I know did. In fact they laughed at it and it's intent.

*NEXT*

Yesterday, 07:17 PM
liebuster
Member #25277 Join Date: Oct 2010

Hey, that crowd was mostly white. That must mean they're racist then.

I wonder if any news reports will report the predominate race of the rally?????

:eek:

It was 12.7% black....Stewart reported it during the rally. They even made them count off to be sure

And why did he have to make that statement? For what purpose exactly? What was Lebowitz trying to say?

I was mocking the reports of Beck's rally. If I remember right it was an AP report that said in the opening paragraph that the crowd was "predominatly white"

Why would that even matter? Why is the left wing media even commenting on the race of the crowd? I thought color of skin didn't matter??? They were implying that since it is white they are not inclusive enough and there for they must have some racism in them....

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It is more of the left wingers that are racists, constantly worried whether your group is diverse enough and if it has enough "color" to it.

Hey Rightwinger;

Its funny how you quoted my post but conviently deleted the laughing smilie that I put in to let people smarter than you know that I was joking.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It was 12.7% black....Stewart reported it during the rally. They even made them count off to be sure

I did nothing of the sort jackwad but was calling into question the validity of such a colossal rascist fuckup by Mr. Lebowitz.

I did nothing of the sort jackwad but was calling into question the validity of such a colossal rascist fuckup by Mr. Lebowitz.

Lebowitz???

Are you implying Mr Stewart is Jewish?

Lebowitz???

Are you implying Mr Stewart is Jewish?
That's his real name shithead.

No, it isn't. He was born Jon Stuart Leibowitz but legally changed his name to Jon Stewart a decade ago.

And it's obvious he goes by Jon Stewart, even if you were unaware that's his legal name. So why be an asshole?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo

The Fear...the fear

Cat Stevens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you cannot even craft an inane comment correctly RW. Fear has little do with it, I'd says its a matter of decorum at the least.

Unless of course a rep shares the stage with someone who justified offing abortion doctors, bet that would get your fear meter running wouldn't it? Or, hey the one trip McCain made to that fundamentalist church? :rolleyes:

wiki...:lol:

Gotta LOOOOVE the Wiki

Of course if you are an encyclopedia snob, you are free to post a valid reference that refutes it

if wiki were a true encyclopedia instead of a public depository, I might.....i

I see you are now asking for proof. :lol:

Thats a sudden switcheroo, which means imho, that you had not the sightless idea of Stevens idiocy till it was posted, which is fine, if you had should have just said;

" I didn't know that, no I don't agree with providing a venue for someone who in fact defends homicidal maniacal religious fanatics, whose fatwa is in fact responsible for at least one death, connected with the satanic verses"...but no, you went another route.

if I post evidence will you post the above passage as your own? In fact refuting stevens?

you cannot even craft an inane comment correctly RW. Fear has little do with it, I'd says its a matter of decorum at the least.

Unless of course a rep shares the stage with someone who justified offing abortion doctors, bet that would get your fear meter running wouldn't it? Or, hey the one trip McCain made to that fundamentalist church? :rolleyes:

wiki...:lol:

Gotta LOOOOVE the Wiki

Of course if you are an encyclopedia snob, you are free to post a valid reference that refutes it

Thats a sudden switcheroo, which means imho, that you had not the sightless idea of Stevens idiocy till it was posted, which is fine, if you had should have just said;

" I didn't know that, no I don't agree with providing a venue for someone who in fact defends homicidal maniacal religious fanatics, whose fatwa is in fact responsible for at least one death, connected with the satanic verses"...but no, you went another route.

if I post evidence will you post the above passage as your own? In fact refuting stevens?

I notice once again you are unable to refute the information provided by Wiki....

I knew you couldn't

That's his real name shithead.

No, it isn't. He was born Jon Stuart Leibowitz but legally changed his name to Jon Stewart a decade ago.

And it's obvious he goes by Jon Stewart, even if you were unaware that's his legal name. So why be an asshole?

It's still his Given name Greenteeth.

And the point you are trying to make by letting everyone know his name is originally Lebowitz??

I drove from St. Louis to attend.

We brought our own black person.

Some pics.

Coming east on 66.

66East.jpg

We drove to Reagan to park and took the Metro in.

Friendly worker at Metro that gave us info and helped us with ticket purchase.

NiceMetroGuy.jpg

Nice young man on the Metro that gave his seat to us old farts.

NiceGuyGaveUpHisSeat.jpg

The law was indeed present in case we acted up.

MountedPD2.jpg

MotorcyclePD.jpg

PDTower.jpg

Random Signs

TeaPartyTeddyBears.jpg

UseBrains.jpg

Signs.jpg

TheDude.jpg

Signs3.jpg

Costumes.

QueenHearts.jpg

WhiteWedding.jpg

PacmenBlinkyGhost.jpg

MarioLuigiZombie.jpg

The Metro on the way out.

MetroLine.jpg

TrainPlatform2.jpg

It was good.

Gotta LOOOOVE the Wiki

I notice once again you are unable to refute the information provided by Wiki....

I knew you couldn't

uh huh....I asked you a question RW, whats your answer first.

Last edited:
Could be the largest gathering in history!

(snipped URL since I am not allowed to post them)

Washington (CNN) -- Comedy Central funnymen Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert will hold a rally on the National Mall Saturday, putting a satirical spin on partisan politics three days before midterm elections.

Stewart and Colbert's "Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear" is scheduled to start at noon.

They announced the rally in September, less than three weeks after conservative talk-show host Glenn Beck hosted a much-publicized "Restoring Honor" rally on the National Mall, urging large crowds to "turn back to God" and return America to the values on which it was founded.

Since then, Stewart's rally has grabbed headlines -- many asking, could the man making a living off mocking politicians actually be stepping into political activism?

The comedian hasn't offered many specifics.

"This is for the people that are too busy, that have jobs and lives, and are tired of their reflection in the media as being a divided country and a country that's ideological and conflicted and fighting. This is for those people," Stewart told CNN's Larry King

You realize there are only about 300 million people living in the entire country, including every child?

I drove from St. Louis to attend.

We brought our own black person.

Some pics.

Coming east on 66.

66East.jpg

We drove to Reagan to park and took the Metro in.

Friendly worker at Metro that gave us info and helped us with ticket purchase.

NiceMetroGuy.jpg

Nice young man on the Metro that gave his seat to us old farts.

NiceGuyGaveUpHisSeat.jpg

The law was indeed present in case we acted up.

MountedPD2.jpg

MotorcyclePD.jpg

PDTower.jpg

Random Signs

TeaPartyTeddyBears.jpg

UseBrains.jpg

Signs.jpg

TheDude.jpg

Signs3.jpg

Costumes.

QueenHearts.jpg

WhiteWedding.jpg

PacmenBlinkyGhost.jpg

MarioLuigiZombie.jpg

The Metro on the way out.

MetroLine.jpg

TrainPlatform2.jpg

It was good.

I wish I had gone! :(

Alas, can't just up and go to DC for the heck of it...

Forum List

Back