Unsealed Trump Search Warrant - Trump had classified Documents

Prison, or death, is the threat backing up every. single. law. That's what makes them different from "suggestions".
no it’s not…only the laws in the criminal code. There are 54 titles on the federal code, each piled with laws….only one chapter,, 18, is the criminal code where prison or death are possible

no it’s not…only the laws in the criminal code.
Nope. All laws. If you defy them, if you persist in disobeying or you refuse to oblige the assigned punishment (fines or whatever) you will, ultimately, face violence from the state. That's the ways laws work.

I think this is an important point because people often want to write of "regulations" as "not really" laws - as though they aren't backed up by state violence. When, in fact, ALL laws are.

Nope. All laws. If you defy them, if you persist in disobeying or you refuse to oblige the assigned punishment (fines or whatever) you will, ultimately, face violence from the state. That's the ways laws work.

I think this is an important point because people often want to write of "regulations" as "not really" laws - as though they aren't backed up by state violence. When, in fact, ALL laws are.
violating the state doesn’t mean you get executives or go to prison.

if i have a contract, and break it, i don’t go to prison but contract law might make me libel for damages

if i break a department of transportation law, i might get my license suspended, not go to to prison

violating the state doesn’t mean you get executives or go to prison.

if i have a contract, and break it, i don’t go to prison but contract law might make me libel for damages

if i break a department of transportation law, i might get my license suspended, not go to to prison
If you refuse to abide by whatever punishments the government deems appropriate, you will face violence. Try it sometime. Ask Eric Garner. Or, well, you can't, because he was killed for selling cigarettes tax-free.

If you refuse to abide by whatever punishments the government deems appropriate, you will face violence. Try it sometime. Ask Eric Garner. Or, well, you can't, because he was killed for selling cigarettes tax-free.
Eric Garner was being arrested for violation of the NY criminal code….but never got to trial because of his medical conditions. NY criminal law when it comes to taxes is hardcore…but that’s not uncommon leftist tyrannical regimes

now, in a contract case for example if you get a judgment against you, and. you don’t pay, and defy a Court Order, the Court can hold you in contempt

people don’t go to prison if they violate most laws. The criminal code is only one chapter out of many in federal and state codes.

you silly dembots seem to think only the criminal code is law

the US Constitution is the supreme law, and it’s delegated congress the ability to govern itself with its own laws like this rule. A violation of it as a Senator, is clear per se violation of the criminal code

Violation of any criminal law can result in a prison sentence.

Violation of a rule can never result in a prison sentence.

You're beyond full retarded. :cuckoo:

And no, the law in question does not apply to Senators...

18 U.S. Code § 1924 - Unauthorized removal and retention of classified documents or material

(a) Whoever, being an officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States, and, by virtue of his office, employment, position, or contract, becomes possessed of documents or materials containing classified information of the United States, knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than five years, or both.

(b) For purposes of this section, the provision of documents and materials to the Congress shall not constitute an offense under subsection (a).

now, in a contract case for example if you get a judgment against you, and. you don’t pay, and defy a Court Order, the Court can hold you in contempt
Yes. And if you defy them they will have you arrested. This is the end result of any run-in with the law unless you, ultimately, do as you're told. Not sure why you're so desperate to deny this fact.

Again, this is an important point because far too many people think of "regulations" as harmless. They are not. They are backed by state coercion and can lead to violence. That's why we should think twice before we try to force our preferences on society via legislation. If you're saying something "oughta be a law", you're saying people should face the threat of violence if they refuse to play along.

Violation of any criminal law can result in a prison sentence.

Violation of a rule can never result in a prison sentence.

You're beyond full retarded. :cuckoo:

And no, the law in question does not apply to Senators...

(a) Whoever, being an officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States, and, by virtue of his office, employment, position, or contract, becomes possessed of documents or materials containing classified information of the United States, knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than five years, or both.
(b) For purposes of this section, the provision of documents and materials to the Congress shall not constitute an offense under subsection (a).
haha dumbass giving documents to the congress can’t…but a senator or their staff can once they get them

yes violating criminal law you go to jail potentially…other laws no

holy shit i have repeatedly provided the CNN article reporting that it was

it was in his personal office. your wild conspiracy theory that someone. planted all this is silly

LOL

You've proven none of that. Seems you can't.

Start by proving the folder was marked "personal."

That's according to an unnamed source to CNN

Then prove it was Biden who marked it it, "personal."

you've posted nothing to prove that

Then prove it was marked "personal" before classified documents were put in it.

you've posted nothing to prove that either

Yes. And if you defy them they will have you arrested. This is the end result of any run-in with the law unless you, ultimately, do as you're told. Not sure why you're so desperate to deny this fact.

Again, this is an important point because far too many people think of "regulations" as harmless. They are not. They are backed by state coercion and can lead to violence. That's why we should think twice before we try to force our preferences on society via legislation. If you're saying something "oughta be a law", you're saying people should face the threat of violence if they refuse to play along.
what point? yes a court can hold someone in contempt…that’s not the same as violation of a criminal code…

if say a senator violates a law of the senate, the senate can punish them diffeeent ways, but none involve jail time

what point? yes a court can hold someone in contempt…that’s not the same as violation of a criminal code…

if say a senator violates a law of the senate, the senate can punish them diffeeent ways, but none involve jail time
? Whatever. Not sure what hairs you're splitting and don't care. But a law is a law and if you defy the state, you'll be arrested or killed. End of story.

haha dumbass giving documents to the congress can’t…but a senator or their staff can once they get them

yes violating criminal law you go to jail potentially…other laws no

LOLOLOL

Now you're unwittingly admitting rule 9.2 is not a crime. :lmao:

LOL

You're insane. Batshit level. Their own rules differentiate laws from rules...

SEC. 2. (a) It shall be the duty of the Select Committee to—

(1) receive complaints and investigate allegations of improper conduct which may reflect upon the Senate, violations of law, violations of the Senate Code of Official Conduct, and violations of rules and regulations of the Senate...

LOL

You're insane. Batshit level. Their own rules differentiate laws from rules...

SEC. 2. (a) It shall be the duty of the Select Committee to—
(1) receive complaints and investigate allegations of improper conduct which may reflect upon the Senate, violations of law, violations of the Senate Code of Official Conduct, and violations of rules and regulations of the Senate...
yeah there is a difference between the federal code, and the Senate laws. Glad they made that clear…either will get you in trouble with the senate

I have not not been following this thread but are you guys talking about the difference between rules, regulations and laws? I had a class in college some time that discussed this, but it has been a long time ago.

Forum List

Back