Unraveling: Brooklyn army base urged to remove street names honoring confederate generals

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
In the wake of the violence in Charlottesville, Va., some New York City community leaders and politicians are renewing calls to remove the names of Confederate generals from streets in a Brooklyn military base. Standing outside the Fort Hamilton army base, Rev. Khader El-Yateem, a Democratic candidate for City Council, said streets honoring Gen. Robert E. Lee and Gen. Thomas Jonathan “Stonewall” Jackson were insulting to residents of the Bay Ridge neighborhood and

UNRAVELING: Brooklyn Army Base Urged to Remove Street Names Honoring Confederate Generals
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well once again you idiots are never going to see it coming, the reasoning behind stripping what made our Country our Country. You fkn morons will have the biggest regrets of your lives and worse yet you cowards are leaving a nation that WILL NOT BE AMERICA FOR YOUR CHILDREN or GRAND CHILDREN..

Black lives Matter Calls For Complete Ban On All Confederate Symbols Across the United States

The group Black Lives Matter is calling for a ban on Confederate flags and groups in the U.S. following the violence at a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia. According to tweets shared initially by the group’s Chicago chapter and then by the group’s main account, Black Lives Matter wants to see…

UNRAVELING: Confederate Statues In Baltimore Taken Down Overnight

Baltimore city crews took down Confederate monuments across the city overnight. All four — the Confederate Soldiers and Sailors Monument on Mount Royal Avenue, the Confederate Women’s Monument on West University Parkway, the Roger B. Taney Monument on Mount Vernon Place and the Robert E. Lee and Thomas. J. “Stonewall”…

Muslim Group Joins War on Confederate Memorials

An Islamic organization founded in Washington, D.C., by the Palestinian terrorist organization Hamas is entering the controversy over Confederate monuments, urging all state and local governments to remove any symbols of the Civil War South. The Council on American-Islamic Relations, or CAIR, is offering to help facilitate the process, providing a template resolution to…

When I was a child my sister and I used to ride our bikes from my grandparent''s house, (who we lived with while my father was serving in Viet Nam) to Fort Hamilton in the summer to use the swimming pool on base. Never paid attention to the street names...

• Banned
When I was a child my sister and I used to ride our bikes from my grandparent''s house, (who we lived with while my father was serving in Viet Nam) to Fort Hamilton in the summer to use the swimming pool on base. Never paid attention to the street names...

Isn't it strange how it seems when we were all small and our parents or parent would take kids out they always play on those statues. I mean they could be found at almost any park , some sort of symbol of our country, the state, etc. Kids always play on them including me.

I remember playing on statues of some sort, and Jesus offended you gotta be kidding me I never felt that way not even in older years as a teen, the twenties etc.

this is all stemming from schools teaching / indoctrinating their thinking today.

They also want an end to the Sons and Daughters of the Confederacy.

Screw them. Take their pan African flags and shove them up their asses.

In the wake of the violence in Charlottesville, Va., some New York City community leaders and politicians are renewing calls to remove the names of Confederate generals from streets in a Brooklyn military base. Standing outside the Fort Hamilton army base, Rev. Khader El-Yateem, a Democratic candidate for City Council, said streets honoring Gen. Robert E. Lee and Gen. Thomas Jonathan “Stonewall” Jackson were insulting to residents of the Bay Ridge neighborhood and

UNRAVELING: Brooklyn Army Base Urged to Remove Street Names Honoring Confederate Generals
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well once again you idiots are never going to see it coming, the reasoning behind stripping what made our Country our Country. You fkn morons will have the biggest regrets of your lives and worse yet you cowards are leaving a nation that WILL NOT BE AMERICA FOR YOUR CHILDREN or GRAND CHILDREN..

Black lives Matter Calls For Complete Ban On All Confederate Symbols Across the United States

The group Black Lives Matter is calling for a ban on Confederate flags and groups in the U.S. following the violence at a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia. According to tweets shared initially by the group’s Chicago chapter and then by the group’s main account, Black Lives Matter wants to see…

UNRAVELING: Confederate Statues In Baltimore Taken Down Overnight

Baltimore city crews took down Confederate monuments across the city overnight. All four — the Confederate Soldiers and Sailors Monument on Mount Royal Avenue, the Confederate Women’s Monument on West University Parkway, the Roger B. Taney Monument on Mount Vernon Place and the Robert E. Lee and Thomas. J. “Stonewall”…

Muslim Group Joins War on Confederate Memorials

An Islamic organization founded in Washington, D.C., by the Palestinian terrorist organization Hamas is entering the controversy over Confederate monuments, urging all state and local governments to remove any symbols of the Civil War South. The Council on American-Islamic Relations, or CAIR, is offering to help facilitate the process, providing a template resolution to…

How long will it be before the Leftists with their Antifa Far Left Fascist friends begin invading American libraries and start burning books?

I think the present white supremacists, neo nazis have done a disservice to Robert E Lee's legacy by grabbing on to him and making him their HERO, and all for the wrong reasons.... and using him to divide the country on racial lines.

After the war, to the best of his ability...Lee tried to help the Nation heel and became admired even by those in the North, thus all the street names on bases and statues of him put up in the North after the civil war and after getting to know him.

Now, due to the neo nazi and white nationalist groups that have kidnapped him for their own nefarious use, the opposition notices only Lee's bad side...because the people associating with his memory are using him to divide in this day and age....long after the civil war and long after we recognized as a Nation that ALL MEN AND WOMEN are created equal...

I doubt Lee would ever support slavery or the black man being a ''lesser'' if he were reared in my era....just my opinion.

most Nazis or white supremacist know nothing much at all.... about him...

New Topics

Forum List

Back