Unless something 'drastic' changes ....

In all "probability" I am, and I will be voting - ?

• Republican voting Republican

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Democrat voting Democrat

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Republican voting Democrat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Democrat voting Republican

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Independent voting Independent

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Independent voting Republican

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Independent voting Democrat

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Unsure - Have not made up my mind

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • None of the above

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Hell! I am not even registered!

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
You left our conservative voting independent. So I picked independent voting Republican - in actuality I am voting for Bob Barr.

Apparently the dems aren't voting at all.

That's good news. All the posturing and lip flapping must have tired them out.

Still no dems voting. Interesting. And Bobo isn't even registered. Curiouser and curiouser.

You left our conservative voting independent. So I picked independent voting Republican - in actuality I am voting for Bob Barr.

MasTequila - You could have chosen "None of the above".

I started this poll but it takes an admin. or mod. to change a vote if it can be done?? ... I think someone else asked about that :confused:

:eusa_think: Still very interesting that there is no Democrat voting for Democrat (Obama) ... strange. :eusa_shifty:

All :blahblah: ... typical. :lol:

:party: Wooooohooooo! We finally have one (1) Democrat that is voting for a Democrat (Obama) that has stepped up to the plate!

:shock: (1) ONE OUT OF 28 THAT HAS VOTED :shock:

Obama is going to be sooooooooooo proud of you!!!! :party:

No it was not me .... cause I still do not know who I am going to vote for. :lol:

I live in Va. and we elected Senator Jim Webb, and we are going to elect Senator Mark Warner.

Two good men.

:lol: This is funny. Results of the poll so far.

With all of the :blahblah: on this board ... there are -0- Democrat's ... that are voting for Obama? And only 3 Republican's voting for McCain? lol :lol:

Good thing 'some' of we Independent voters are voting for them. Both of them would be up $hit-creek! :D

I'm more amused by the fact that there's 1 Democrat voting Republican and 0 Republicans voting Democrat. So much for Obamacans. Say hello to McCainocrats.

The only thing this poll reveals is that there are more Republicans in this group than Democrats.

For the record, I am that one "Democrat voting Republican."

When I registered, my impulse was "Independent," but my family encouraged me to register as one of the big parties so I could vote during primaries. They were all Democrats - even the conservative ones - so I went with that in the general interests of domestic tranquility. I have not since then gotten around to altering my registration, so I am technically a Democrat.

However, I am currently leaning more towards McCain, because I kind of like the guy. Obama gives me a bad feeling. I just think I'd just rather a grizzled insane old vet to the new kid who's further left on the spectrum than I can even see (I'd rather things end with a bang than a whimper). Obviously this is pretty flimsy "reasoning," but I just can't muster any faith in what is said by or about candidates during election season, and I'm too jaded and apathetic to go by anything but my personal intuitions. As Brian said in that Family Guy episode, "undecided voters are the biggest idiots on the planet." I guess that's me.

For the record, I am that one "Democrat voting Republican."

When I registered, my impulse was "Independent," but my family encouraged me to register as one of the big parties so I could vote during primaries. They were all Democrats - even the conservative ones - so I went with that in the general interests of domestic tranquility. I have not since then gotten around to altering my registration, so I am technically a Democrat.

However, I am currently leaning more towards McCain, because I kind of like the guy. Obama gives me a bad feeling. I just think I'd just rather a grizzled insane old vet to the new kid who's further left on the spectrum than I can even see (I'd rather things end with a bang than a whimper). Obviously this is pretty flimsy "reasoning," but I just can't muster any faith in what is said by or about candidates during election season, and I'm too jaded and apathetic to go by anything but my personal intuitions. As Brian said in that Family Guy episode, "undecided voters are the biggest idiots on the planet." I guess that's me.

You're absolutely correct.

I've always thought an ignorant vote is better than no vote at all. The last two presidential elections proved that I was wrong. There is simply too much at stake - from soldiers and their families, the largest national debt we've ever seen, just to name two of the most serious problems we now have due to irresponsible leadership. Voters have a responsibility to educate themselves as best they can and then vote accordingly.

American voters being lazy and irresponsible is what got us in this mess and kept us here.

We are fed such a continuous line of bullshit from all sides that I can hardly blame those of us who are undecided or unwilling to vote.

I'll be voting, but then, I'm given to futile gestures of hope in the face of overwhelming odds.

You're absolutely correct.

I've always thought an ignorant vote is better than no vote at all. The last two presidential elections proved that I was wrong. There is simply too much at stake - from soldiers and their families, the largest national debt we've ever seen, just to name two of the most serious problems we now have due to irresponsible leadership. Voters have a responsibility to educate themselves as best they can and then vote accordingly.

American voters being lazy and irresponsible is what got us in this mess and kept us here.

the problem with democracy is that people who dont understand the issues have the same amount of say as someone who is well educated. (no, im not saying we should get rid of voting, just pointing out a flaw)
but we have more of a republic. the problem is that a republic is supposed to have the best and brightest as leaders. if only that were the case

We, the people, have next to nothing to do with how issues are decided.

We get to vote for packaged candidates.

Democracy has nothing to do with that, except marginally.

We are a respresentative Republic in theory.

We are a Shamocracy in fact.

Forum List

Back