Universal Censorship at Leftist/Atheist Message Boards

ChemEngineer

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2019
I posted at a Left-wing message board some time ago and was promptly banned for "trolling." This is the Leftist excuse for censoring opinions which are not in atheist/leftist lockstep with those of all the members there. They flock to conservative and Christian message boards and excuse their posts as "freedom of speech." But "freedom of speech" is not practiced at their own. Agree with them, or you are OUT.
Returning again yesterday just to test them, I made three very innocuous posts with no profanity, no hatred, no accusations.
"BANNED FOR TROLLING!"

Big Leftist Brother is watching you, and smacks you down with impunity, like a coward who fears the truth.

Dems a mental health crisis.jpg

Last edited:
I posted at a Left-wing message board some time ago and was promptly banned for "trolling." This is the Leftist excuse for censoring opinions which are not in atheist/leftist lockstep with those of all the members there. They flock to conservative and Christian message boards and excuse their posts as "freedom of speech." But "freedom of speech" is not practiced at their own. Agree with them, or you are OUT.
Returning again yesterday just to test them, I made three very innocuous posts with no profanity, no hatred, no accusations.
"BANNED FOR TROLLING!"

Big Leftist Brother is watching you, and smacks you down with impunity, like a coward who fears the truth.

View attachment 782080
Maybe they think you are a known troll on their site and wish to enforce their ban?

I was banned from my own thread here on USMB, in the Badlands, for trolling, by a former mod. It doesn't get better than that.

I see that a lot here..people trolling or derailing their own threads--getting banned from your own thread though..that's some USMB street cred, eh?
In the Badlands no less. He was so eager to drop the hammer he didn't bother to note any details. Westwall, though, so, you know...

"BANNED FOR TROLLING!"

View attachment 782080

It's not censorship, it's aggressive partisan moderation that creates the echo chambers they desire.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
It's not censorship, it's aggressive partisan moderation that creates the echo chambers they desire.
As long as you are applying that judgement to both sides in our cultural battles, I agree completely. Partisans like to hear their views parroted back at them..and unpleasant news filtered and spun before reading.
In fact, I believe that it is the Mod's constant actions that keep this board from becoming just that, an echo chamber for the unhinged Alt/Right~

As long as you are applying that judgement to both sides in our cultural battles, I agree completely. Partisans like to hear their views parroted back at them..and unpleasant news filtered and spun before reading.
In fact, I believe that it is the Mod's constant actions that keep this board from becoming just that, an echo chamber for the unhinged Alt/Right~

This board is far from echo chambers like DU.

Moderation may not always be perfect, but it's not bad here, in my opinion.

Maybe they think you are a known troll on their site and wish to enforce their ban?
Maybe you can go there and sign in and post conservative opinions and see that I am absolutely right.
I signed in under a new email, with a new name. They had NO IDEA I had been previously banned.
They're simply cowards. I've been testing such cowards for years. Slate.com, CraigsList message boards are two Left-wing cesspools that decent people must avoid. They drag you down to their gutter level if you are not banned for "trolling."

Forum List

Back