Universal background checks

First, they outlawed civiliain use of flamethrowers.
You sure about that?
Now that you mention it, no, I am not sure. I just assumed that they outlawed flamethrowers because I feel sure that if they had not, I would see someone at the range with a NRA hat firing one....
Thank you for admitting that you were speaking from an uneducated position, filed with prejudical intolerance.

You sure about that?

Now that you mention it, no, I am not sure. I just assumed that they outlawed flamethrowers because I feel sure that if they had not, I would see someone at the range with a NRA hat firing one....

Do you ever go to a firing range???

Flame Throwers are Legal.

Every month!

I don't know which of these clips I find the most interesting...the guy who continues to fire his automatic rifle long after the barrel catches fire, or the two 3 year olds firing a gun (one of whom was being filmed while playing with it. Look closely, and you will see that he shot the adult that he was aiming at).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JebKkUcbNMY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JebKkUcbNMY[/ame]

Last edited:
The poll says "all gun buyers", not just sales through gun dealers as we have now. That means closing all loopholes & forcing all transactions through a FFL dealer & creating a paper trail of gun owners.

The idea of a public bad guy list is to keep the government out of the transaction. If your buyer is not on the list, sell him your gun. That way there is no paper trail. The current system would not have stopped the Newtown school shooting even if Adam Lanza was banned from buying a gun since he never bought them. With a public list friends, family & the gun range that he went to practice at would have been alerted that he was breaking the law.

People keep spreading the lie that most gun buyers don't have to go through a background check. Explain the facts and people suddenly understand how stupid a question like that is.

Apparently not - Paul Ryan Caves On Universal Background Checks

It's time we shape this to violate the criminals civil rights instead of having government registering all of us good legal gun owners. Once we are registered then comes gun insurance, gun taxed & gun confiscation. We need to get rid of this current registration & background system & publicize a list of bad guys.

If we fail to lead on this, they are controlling the game & we will lose. They keep chipping away at gun rights piece by piece. We need to force them chip away at criminals, restore our 2nd amendment & leave us the hell alone. The problem is you guys are followers & not leaders.

Citing a person that wants to slightly change the law somehow proves I am wrong that universal background checks are totally unfeasible? Want to run that one by me again?

Having a law that requires every gun sold by a private citizen has to go through a licensed dealer is completely unenforceable. How will the ATF know if someone sells a gun if it is not handled through a dealer?

Having a law that requires every gun sold by a private citizen has to go through a licensed dealer is completely unenforceable. How will the ATF know if someone sells a gun if it is not handled through a dealer?

For one thing, the seller would be incintized to transfer the gun in front of a notory public, just like he would with a car, so that no liability would accrue to him in the event that the gun was used to commit a crime. Second, the range masters would check reistration and ID before allowing anyone to access the range. Third, law enforcement could check for registraion, in the event that they come across someone using a firearm, just like a game warden checks for a hunting and fishing license when he comes acroos someone doing either of those things. As for using a gun on your private land, if you live in the city limits of virtually any city in America, it is already illegal for you to fire a weapon within the city limits, except at licensed ranges.

For one thing, the seller would be incintized to transfer the gun in front of a notory public, just like he would with a car, so that no liability would accrue to him in the event that the gun was used to commit a crime. Second, the range masters would check reistration and ID before allowing anyone to access the range. Third, law enforcement could check for registraion, in the event that they come across someone using a firearm, just like a game warden checks for a hunting and fishing license when he comes acroos someone doing either of those things. As for using a gun on your private land, if you live in the city limits of virtually any city in America, it is already illegal for you to fire a weapon within the city limits, except at licensed ranges.

Nothing to stop criminals ?

I humbly acknowledge that I do not have the answer to every problem...and registration of guns is not going to solve the gun problem, but it would make it possible for law enforcement to stop felons from legally buying a gun, and that's a start.

I humbly acknowledge that I do not have the answer to every problem...and registration of guns is not going to solve the gun problem, but it would make it possible for law enforcement to stop felons from legally buying a gun, and that's a start.

Felons can't legally buy a gun.

Yet, they do it every day at guns shows, on Craige's list, and person to person, and there is no law enforcement tool to curb it from happening.

Yet, they do it every day at guns shows, on Craige's list, and person to person, and there is no law enforcement tool to curb it from happening.

It is not legal for felon to buy a gun at a gun show.

It is Federal felony and by many State laws to sell a gun to felon, mentally adjudicated incompetent or drug user.

Shall we make it double illegal ?

I think if we pass more laws against murder the murder rate will go down too.....

OK, wait - how is it that you get criminals to obey the new laws????

Are you aware that I can sell a car, not involve a notary public, and still not be liable for anything that happens after I sell it?

At this point in time no felon can legally buy a gun. Since we have already solved the only problem you have a solution for, there is no need for us to add more rules to fix it. If you are truly humble you will now acknowledge that, since you have no solutions at all, you are never going to speak on this issue again.

They do not.

Forum List

Back