United Airlines Dragging Incident.Can You Imagine If It Was Hillary Clinton Or Mike Tyson?

The solution is simple; don't fly.

The Tax payer pays for airports , pays for air traffic controllers pays the FAA or Federal Aviation Administration but the solution is for the tax payer to "take it in the shorts"... I bet you fancy yourself a champion of Freedom over Officialdom eh...:asshole:
i would pay to watch 4 men struggle to remove Michael Moore out of his seat.

I have a feeling many will take that course of action when deciding on whether to fly United
As is their choice. God Bless America!

Its not just America
United is trying to establish routes to China. This story had 200 million hits in China yesterday. Most thinking the guy was bumped because he was asian
He can play the race card all he likes, but the method of selecting passengers for deplaning is clear. Next time he should either check-in sooner or buy a more expensive ticket.
Blame the victim
For playing the race card when that wasn't the case? Yes, I will along with all other idiots who lie.
All he knows is that he paid his fare, showed up on time, had proper documentation and was not disruptive

He is allowed to believe anything he wants as to why the airline chose to remove him from his seat and disrupt his schedule

United lied when they told passengers the flight was overbooked.....it was not

Wooowooo... and don't you think an awful lot of your party pants.
United was in the wrong...period

So long as they were within the written guidelines of the airline they're perfectly in the Right so far as I'm concerned.

They've got a lot of policies and guidelines that end up sticking their customers in the ass... that don't make them right.

They've got a lot of policies and guidelines that end up sticking their customers in the ass... that don't make them right.

It makes them Policy. When I don't like the policies of a company are, I don't do business with them.

Last edited:

It makes them Policy. When I don't like the policies of a company are, I don't do business with them.

Especially if the policy is to fuck over their customers, then bean their face on the furniture before dragging their asses out the door.

As is their choice. God Bless America!

Its not just America
United is trying to establish routes to China. This story had 200 million hits in China yesterday. Most thinking the guy was bumped because he was asian
He can play the race card all he likes, but the method of selecting passengers for deplaning is clear. Next time he should either check-in sooner or buy a more expensive ticket.
Blame the victim
For playing the race card when that wasn't the case? Yes, I will along with all other idiots who lie.
All he knows is that he paid his fare, showed up on time, had proper documentation and was not disruptive

He is allowed to believe anything he wants as to why the airline chose to remove him from his seat and disrupt his schedule

Ignorance isn't an excuse and neither is stupidity. He, like everyone else, agreed the Carriage contract just like you agreed to the TOS on this forum. If you are violated, you whining that "I didn't know the rules" isn't going to work because you clicked that you agreed to it..

Especially if the policy is to fuck over their customers, then bean their face on the furniture before dragging their asses out the door.
United didn't do that to him so you are either ignorant of the truth or lying. Which is it?

This is why I prefer to DRIVE places rather than flying or taking other forms of mass transit. Then again I generally don't trust anyone on any company.

From what I've seen the company is in the wrong. They should have just let the employees take another flight or offered increasing amounts of dollars until someone yelled "sold!"

But no way am I going to carry on like a brat and be drug off. But in today's America he and his attorney will be well compensated and future ticket buyers will pay for it.

Ice,

The Airline is meant to offer up to $1,300 dollars, if no one moves then they can as someone to leave....

Here is a few problems for United, their employees were on standby and not full passengers.
Did United offer everyone on the plane $1,300 to take the next plane and did everyone refuse? (The $1,300 is the law)

United used a rule that was given to them for safety reasons and abused it for commercial reasons...
Ah interesting. So government DID fuck it up. Go figure!

It is United who are meant to make the offer... They can only force someone off the plane if every passenger refused $1,300...

Now some passengers would go for $1000 or less, that is United to figure out... But the passenger who was forcefully removed is allowed to ask if everyone was offered $1,300 and can rightfully take his place on the plane until that happens.

The passenger was deemed disruptive because he might have asked this question or said their offer wasn't enough. I have a funny feeling United didn't offer the money so they could bump up a buddy from Stand By.

United will claim the the man was being disruptive for stating his right and ejected him for safety reasons... No judge is going to swallow that... Airlines accepted the $1,300 rules as it allows them to make over book and generally make a nice profit from it. Think of the cost of late seat booking... Nothing wrong with overbooking a flight as long as as you have a healthy compensation scheme if you get caught and passengers voluntary take advantage of it... In most plane journeys you have a student or retired who will take $500 for a bump...

I have been on a lot of overbooked flights. They typically offer to rebook you as soon as possible and offer 2 tickets to anywhere in the US. In all my years I have never heard an offer of $1,300 to get bumped.

Because someone accepted the 2 ticket offer...

The airline is allowed to bump you if they have offered everyone on the plane $1300, but generally there is enough people who take the two tickets so there is no problem. The $1300 is just the maximum which is almost never reached as they know if they offer lower someone will take it.

What was the offer to the passengers before they ejected this guy...

Here's how and why to get bumped off a flight — voluntarily

Involuntary Bumping

DOT requires each airline to give all passengers who are bumped involuntarily a written statement describing their rights and explaining how the carrier decides who gets on an oversold flight and who doesn't. Those travelers who don't get to fly are frequently entitled to denied boarding compensation in the form of a check or cash. The amount depends on the price of their ticket and the length of the delay:

• If you are bumped involuntarily and the airline arranges substitute transportation that is scheduled to get you to your final destination (including later connections) within one hour of your original scheduled arrival time, there is no compensation.
  • If the airline arranges substitute transportation that is scheduled to arrive at your destination between one and two hours after your original arrival time (between one and four hours on international flights), the airline must pay you an amount equal to 200% of your one-way fare to your final destination that day, with a $675 maximum.
  • If the substitute transportation is scheduled to get you to your destination more than two hours later (four hours internationally), or if the airline does not make any substitute travel arrangements for you, the compensation doubles (400% of your one-way fare, $1350 maximum).
  • If your ticket does not show a fare (for example, a frequent-flyer award ticket or a ticket issued by a consolidator), your denied boarding compensation is based on the lowest cash, check or credit card payment charged for a ticket in the same class of service (e.g., coach, first class) on that flight.
  • You always get to keep your original ticket and use it on another flight. If you choose to make your own arrangements, you can request an "involuntary refund" for the ticket for the flight you were bumped from. The denied boarding compensation is essentially a payment for your inconvenience.
  • If you paid for optional services on your original flight (e.g., seat selection, checked baggage) and you did not receive those services on your substitute flight or were required to pay a second time, the airline that bumped you must refund those payments to you.
Fly Rights

I have traveled a lot and your get to know your rights quickly... When they are picking you best not be the slowest wildebeest...

Its not just America
Blame the victim

Ignorance isn't an excuse and neither is stupidity. He, like everyone else, agreed the Carriage contract just like you agreed to the TOS on this forum. If you are violated, you whining that "I didn't know the rules" isn't going to work because you clicked that you agreed to it..
So who wins?

United or the passenger?

The passenger got a bloody mouth and missed his flight
United suffered tens in millions in losses due to bad publicity

Blame the victim

So who wins?

United or the passenger?

Neither United nor the passenger. However, those passengers the deadheading flight crew were flying the next day do win.

As for United's losses; paper dollars. They had a 1.1% stock drop today. Care to bet a $25 USMB Gold Membership that stock will be up this time next week?

Blame the victim

So who wins?

United or the passenger?

Neither United nor the passenger. However, those passengers the deadheading flight crew were flying the next day do win.

As for United's losses; paper dollars. They had a 1.1% stock drop today. Care to bet a $25 USMB Gold Membership that stock will be up this time next week?
The passengers on the flight to Louisville have no responsibility for the next flight. That is United's problem

United had better cards to play than roughing up an elderly man who did not like the way he was being treated

The passengers on the flight to Louisville have no responsibility for the next flight. That is United's problem

United had better cards to play than roughing up an elderly man who did not like the way he was being treated
1) Correct and a problem UAL solved.

2) $25 Gold membership bet that United didn't "rough up" anyone, let alone a nutjob. I've offered you this bet several times and you keep dodging it. Most people on this forum know why. ;)

1) Correct and a problem UAL solved.

2) $25 Gold membership bet that United didn't "rough up" anyone, let alone a nutjob. I've offered you this bet several times and you keep dodging it. Most people on this forum know why. ;)

UAL sure solved their problem. That is why the world is outraged
$25 MILLION Dollars that United called security to do their dirty work

Forum List

Back