United Airlines Dragging Incident.Can You Imagine If It Was Hillary Clinton Or Mike Tyson?

If he wins that lawsuit we all win...dumbass.

Dumbass, I'm not defending the airline practice of over-booking, but the felon likely screamed like a two year old to place a lawsuit in motion.

We have no idea what the security officers were doing to him at the time he was screaming. We do know they slammed his face onto an armrest

Those are the things lawsuits are made out of
Awesome. Let him sue. If he does, then he'll be charged with multiple felonies and Federal charges....and they'll stick.

So it's like a blackmail dealio? If you go away, fine. If you don't you'll be charged with multiple felonies.
If he broke the law, seems he should be charged regardless.I I
I have no idea what blackmail dealio is. He agreed to the carriage contract voluntarily. No one made him buy that ticket. he could have driven, ridden a trail or a bus.

He could have tiptoed the whole way in ballet slippers too but didn't.

The solution is simple; don't fly.

The Tax payer pays for airports , pays for air traffic controllers pays the FAA or Federal Aviation Administration but the solution is for the tax payer to "take it in the shorts"... I bet you fancy yourself a champion of Freedom over Officialdom eh...:asshole:

Seems like a victim to me

Being forced to give up a seat you had paid for and were occupying, being unable to met your commitments the following morning.....all because of United's incompetence

Over-booking should be outlawed, but it's their plane, and one way or another it appears some passengers were going to be removed. What about the others that were taken off, did they act like two year olds throwing a tantrum?
Probably not. They likely took the news like adults, and made the best of a bad situation unlike this felon that threw the screaming fit.

LOL Look at you bowing to your corporate overlords like the good Pleb you are.

"Oh please, rape us harder, corporate masters! And you, too, Trump! You want us to fork over $3.5M per weekend so you can golf while you promised to work in the WH every day? Please do! I have $1200 in savings but I want to give it to yooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuu, My Cheeto-colored hero! MMMMMmmmmm I love when you dick me in the ass sooooooo hard!"

I'm not defending United. They fucked up, their stock has dropped $900 million so far. They are paying a super-heavy price for their stupidity.

I'm simply saying, this guy could have acted like an adult, and made the best out of a bad situation. Instead his little girl-like screams are all thst's going to be remembered.
That is how change comes about
Someone standing up for his rights and refusing to just "go along" with unfair treatment

If he had just meekly stepped off the plane he would have been given a nearly worthless $800 voucher and returned home a day late

By standing up...United and all other airlines will have to change their policies. You will never again see an airline force a seated passenger off a flight without cause
1) The airline did have cause.

2) This guy violated both Federal and State laws.

3) Go ahead and stand up. You too will be in violation of multiple laws and will end up on the no-fly list.

Lets bring it in front of Congress and have the United CEO defend why existing protections for airlines bumping passengers should not be changed

Again, the man was not belligerent or violent until they forcibly removed him. He was not acting out before that.
He failed to deplane when asked. That, in itself, is a Federal rule violation. He could face jail time and/or a $10,000 fine. Let's not forget he was disobeying police officers. What do you think the result would be if you and I refused to leave a restaurant at closing and the owners called the cops?

Wrong comparison

A correct comparison would be being told to leave a restaurant after you had already been seated and paid for your meal so that someone else could be given your table
After you agreed to be bumped from the table if unforeseeable circumstances that prevent the restaurant from allowing you to remain seated there.

And you would be rightfully irate if it happened
Nobody questions whether United can legally remove you.....but just because they can, doesn't mean they should

I have a feeling many will take that course of action when deciding on whether to fly United

Pass a law that makes it a 200 million dollar fine for overbooking flights.

Problem solved.
Good luck passing that law. Next time ride Greyhound.
I don't have to pass anything. It is ONE possible solution to the problem. Throwing out solutions is much more preferable to the blame game.

But then, this nation doesn't actually want to solve problems anymore. That would prevent us from being outraged all the time.
It's an unworkable solution. Every time Congress passed laws to penalize airlines, the airlines reacted in the most defensive way possible, usually involving canceling flights and inconveniencing passengers.

Example. Remember the "nightmare" flights some passengers had a few years ago where they waited on the ground aboard airliners for 5 hours due to weather? Now airlines are penalized millions if they keep passengers aboard for more than 3 hours. Solution? If the flight is delayed more than 2.5 hours, airliners return to the gate and cancel the flight. Cheaper to refund $100,000 worth of tickets than be fined millions.

He failed to deplane when asked. That, in itself, is a Federal rule violation. He could face jail time and/or a $10,000 fine. Let's not forget he was disobeying police officers. What do you think the result would be if you and I refused to leave a restaurant at closing and the owners called the cops?

Wrong comparison

A correct comparison would be being told to leave a restaurant after you had already been seated and paid for your meal so that someone else could be given your table
After you agreed to be bumped from the table if unforeseeable circumstances that prevent the restaurant from allowing you to remain seated there.

Nobody questions whether United can legally remove you.....but just because they can, doesn't mean they should

I have a feeling many will take that course of action when deciding on whether to fly United
As is their choice. God Bless America!

Over-booking should be outlawed, but it's their plane, and one way or another it appears some passengers were going to be removed. What about the others that were taken off, did they act like two year olds throwing a tantrum?
Probably not. They likely took the news like adults, and made the best of a bad situation unlike this felon that threw the screaming fit.

LOL Look at you bowing to your corporate overlords like the good Pleb you are.

"Oh please, rape us harder, corporate masters! And you, too, Trump! You want us to fork over $3.5M per weekend so you can golf while you promised to work in the WH every day? Please do! I have $1200 in savings but I want to give it to yooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuu, My Cheeto-colored hero! MMMMMmmmmm I love when you dick me in the ass sooooooo hard!"

I'm not defending United. They fucked up, their stock has dropped $900 million so far. They are paying a super-heavy price for their stupidity.

I'm simply saying, this guy could have acted like an adult, and made the best out of a bad situation. Instead his little girl-like screams are all thst's going to be remembered.
That is how change comes about
Someone standing up for his rights and refusing to just "go along" with unfair treatment

If he had just meekly stepped off the plane he would have been given a nearly worthless $800 voucher and returned home a day late

By standing up...United and all other airlines will have to change their policies. You will never again see an airline force a seated passenger off a flight without cause
1) The airline did have cause.

2) This guy violated both Federal and State laws.

3) Go ahead and stand up. You too will be in violation of multiple laws and will end up on the no-fly list.

Lets bring it in front of Congress and have the United CEO defend why existing protections for airlines bumping passengers should not be changed
Go ahead. Rules are already in place, including Force Majeure.

Your solution is to inconvenience 130+ passengers rather than 4 passengers. The Liberal mind is as awesome in it's compassion as in it's lack of logic.

The Tax payer pays for airports , pays for air traffic controllers pays the FAA or Federal Aviation Administration but the solution is for the tax payer to "take it in the shorts"... I bet you fancy yourself a champion of Freedom over Officialdom eh...:asshole:
Nope, just letting you know what the law says. Feel free to shoot the messenger. That's what people like you do, amirite?

And this particular event will cost United a bundle. YOu talked, in another thread, about the difference between what people CAN do and what they SHOULD do. This is a classic example.

Exactly. The Doctor SHOULD have read the ticketing info more carefully and SHOULD have given up the seat when told to.

Wrong comparison

Its not just America
United is trying to establish routes to China. This story had 200 million hits in China yesterday. Most thinking the guy was bumped because he was asian

Its not just America
United is trying to establish routes to China. This story had 200 million hits in China yesterday. Most thinking the guy was bumped because he was asian
He can play the race card all he likes, but the method of selecting passengers for deplaning is clear. Next time he should either check-in sooner or buy a more expensive ticket.

Its not just America
He can play the race card all he likes, but the method of selecting passengers for deplaning is clear. Next time he should either check-in sooner or buy a more expensive ticket.
Blame the victim

Its not just America

If the method is clear... .random computer lottery... what difference does it make when he bought his ticket or how much he paid for it? And who told you he bought a cheap, last minute ticket?

If the method is clear... .random computer lottery... what difference does it make when he bought his ticket or how much he paid for it? And who told you he bought a cheap, last minute ticket?
Savvy travelers know. Idiots do not.

Do you really think any airline is going to bump their highest paying customers? They bump the cheapskates. Sure, the cheapskate being forcibly deplaned may yell "I'll never fly this airline again!", but who cares?

Overbooked Flight? How (Not) to Get Bumped
How to Avoid Getting Bumped from a Flight
If you have obligations in your destination city and absolutely cannot afford to be bumped from a flight, arrive as early as possible at the airport, especially if you're taking a popular route. Better yet, check in online before you even leave for the airport. The last passengers to check in for the flight are typically the ones who find themselves bumped involuntarily. If you're at the gate before the majority of the passengers have checked in, your chances of retaining your original reservation are favorable.

Its not just America
Blame the victim
For playing the race card when that wasn't the case? Yes, I will along with all other idiots who lie.

Wooowooo... and don't you think an awful lot of your party pants.
United was in the wrong...period

Forum List

Back