Union Boss salaries- They have a lot in common with the people they represent

G is appears limited in terms of critical thinking, though I am glad he is aware of the term.

Let's see if he builds a case as he has advised to do so that we can have a decent, civil conversation.

You have no rebuttal to gadawg's or my comments so you reply with personal attacks.
Jakie, you're out of gas. You lost this one. You've nowhere to go. DONE

G appears limited in terms of critical thinking, though I am glad he is aware of the term.

Let's see if he builds a case as he has been advised to do so that we can have a decent, civil conversation.

You have no rebuttal to gadawg's or my comments so you reply with personal attacks.
Jakie, you're out of gas. You lost this one. You've nowhere to go. DONE

He was rebutted as far as possible, because he only gave unsupported assertions, spoon,much like you do, Any time you want to make an Affirmative Case with Evidence unbiased and critical Concluded with a significant emphasis, go for it.

You can't help yourself, can you? I am very successful, I understand risk, and apparently I am far better at this than you.

The market is not god, G, don't you know? It is not the Game with a Rule Book. It is how you play the GAME itself that matters. You are a small-time professional, I get that. That you don't seem to understand how to market yourself and your services well is your problem, not mine. I am able to pay my employees well for two reasons: one, the outstanding quality of our products and services, and two, the management and directors are not uber greedy. I am sad for you that you are not good at this, but perhaps in time you will learn.

Ahh bullshit...Without a marketplace, a free and open marketplace your alleged high risk business makes no money and you go out of business.
Please spare us with mention of your resume. Not impressed.

Yep, spoon is a munchkin mind when it comes to unions, the law, and reality. Union leaders are far more connected to the rank and file than the great CEOs. Walker may win but will continue to kiss union ass. Nope, the movement has ground to halt and will be reversed state by state by true Americans.

Try as you may to goad me into a pissing contest, I ain't going for it.
Now I ask you, how so are union leaders more in touch with the workers?
I submit that union bosses are businessmen who work in office buildings with plsh offices the same as all other people in similar positions.
These people don't even drink from the same water fountains as the great unwashed masses.
Jake, you can spin this all you like.
Your descriptive is another indication that you people on the left cannot and will not tolerate other points of view.
Well, tough shit. You WILL NOT shut me down

Of course union leaders are more in touch with their members than CEOs in the top of high buildings earning 800 times their yearly wages. The fact is the union leaders earn far less than the CEOSs, and their ratios of earnings to members is far, far less.

I want you to keep posting your nonsense, so the real narrative shines bright and true as the morning star. You people on the far reactionary right are crazy, most neo-corporatists are crazy, so you surely are not alone. And your silly ego will not let you stop posting,
NIce try at amateur psychology....
You keep insisting.

Stand in the middle of the room screaming you are the only one who is correct. Nobody cares how loud you are.
Who cares how much the union bosses make vs corporate CEO's.
The fact is the pro union people are very pissed off because their own bosses are the 1%..
Now, jakie are YOUR workers union? Tell the truth.

Try as you may to goad me into a pissing contest, I ain't going for it.
Now I ask you, how so are union leaders more in touch with the workers?
I submit that union bosses are businessmen who work in office buildings with plsh offices the same as all other people in similar positions.
These people don't even drink from the same water fountains as the great unwashed masses.
Jake, you can spin this all you like.
Your descriptive is another indication that you people on the left cannot and will not tolerate other points of view.
Well, tough shit. You WILL NOT shut me down[/SIZE].

Of course union leaders are more in touch with their members than CEOs in the top of high buildings earning 800 times their yearly wages. The fact is the union leaders earn far less than the CEOSs, and their ratios of earnings to members is far, far less.

I want you to keep posting your nonsense, so the real narrative shines bright and true as the morning star. You people on the far reactionary right are crazy, most neo-corporatists are crazy, so you surely are not alone. And your silly ego will not let you stop posting,

You keep insisting.

Stand in the middle of the room screaming you are the only one who is correct. Nobody cares how loud you are. Who cares how much the union bosses make vs corporate CEO's. The fact is the pro union people are very pissed off because their own bosses are the 1%.. Now, jakie are YOUR workers union? Tell the truth.

spoon, in other words, can't post an argument. We knew that. My workers in three states are not union, and in one state they belong for a number of years then decertified. Are turn overs in employment are among the lowest 5% in the industry standard.

What are yours? Oh, that's right, you are not a boss.

You keep insisting.

Stand in the middle of the room screaming you are the only one who is correct. Nobody cares how loud you are. Who cares how much the union bosses make vs corporate CEO's. The fact is the pro union people are very pissed off because their own bosses are the 1%.. Now, jakie are YOUR workers union? Tell the truth.

spoon, in other words, can't post an argument. We knew that. My workers in three states are not union, and in one state they belong for a number of years then decertified. Are turn overs in employment are among the lowest 5% in the industry standard.

"Are turnovers" :lol:

Son..............................

My latest experience with union workers:
Friend of mine calls me a few weeks ago "73, the wife has a friend that just moved here from New York and her husband is retired NYPD and then Longshoreman. Can you give him a little work?"
I asked a little more about him and got a call from the guy.
"Yo, 12 years NYPD and another on the docks with Longshoremen Local for 5 years."
I asked this dude how he is retired with only 12 years on NYPD force.
"Uh, well you know I sprained my knee chasing a guy and went on disability and the union, well, ya know how it is, ya know, they fought for me and won my 90% disability rating."
I asked him how did he still get his "disability" if he worked for The Longshoremen.
"The unions, ya know, well uh, we sort of stick together."
Ok, so I asked him what he did for NYPD and what would he expect to be paid.
"Uh, cash of course because if I show any income I will get a cut in my disability."
Dumbass could not even complete a sentence and understand that I was asking how much $$ he was wanting for his services.
Freaked this union fraud out when I told him I taped the entire conversation and was sending it to the New York City Disability Fraud Unit.
The norm, not the exception.

And don't you just love the fact that unions fight long and hard against ANY AND ALL rules and regulations that require diversity in their ranks.
Just this week the Internation Longshoremen defied the Port Authority in New York over this.
Entry level job there for carrying luggage for cruise ships is $60,000.00 a year plus benefits averaging $17,000.
$77,000 a year for a job that is worth maybe $10 an hour. Any dumbass can carry luggage.

You keep insisting.

not union huh? Busted.
Look, I have presented you the facts and at the end of the day, you have resorted to personal attacks ( munchkin, etc.)
As previously stated, you're out of gas.
Given your holier than thou pro union argument and your own hypocrisy over your lack of union labor at your business. Oh, for shame.
Please stop the CEO crap. It's meaningless political garbage. It's all Obama and the rest of the democrats have. They cannot run on their record because they have not accomplished anything positive. SO they have built this straw man argument. It's crap. Nobody cares.

My latest experience with union workers:
Friend of mine calls me a few weeks ago "73, the wife has a friend that just moved here from New York and her husband is retired NYPD and then Longshoreman. Can you give him a little work?"
I asked a little more about him and got a call from the guy.
"Yo, 12 years NYPD and another on the docks with Longshoremen Local for 5 years."
I asked this dude how he is retired with only 12 years on NYPD force.
"Uh, well you know I sprained my knee chasing a guy and went on disability and the union, well, ya know how it is, ya know, they fought for me and won my 90% disability rating."
I asked him how did he still get his "disability" if he worked for The Longshoremen.
"The unions, ya know, well uh, we sort of stick together."
Ok, so I asked him what he did for NYPD and what would he expect to be paid.
"Uh, cash of course because if I show any income I will get a cut in my disability."
Dumbass could not even complete a sentence and understand that I was asking how much $$ he was wanting for his services.
Freaked this union fraud out when I told him I taped the entire conversation and was sending it to the New York City Disability Fraud Unit.
The norm, not the exception.
Fraud is rampant in the union world. Especially among public workers.
They game the system thinking they are entitled. The taxpayers take in the shorts.

It is just a matter of degress isn't it? For instance a worker might make 50k a year, his union boss, 250 k a year or 5 times as much, the CEO makes 2.5 million a year or 10 times as much as the head union guy.

What is it that the CEO does that is worth 50 times what a good worker makes? Besides being friends with the members of the board of directors.

How is it that you pick on the union boss making 5 times as much and working to get the worker 50k a year vs the CEO making 2.5 million a year and trying to cut wages.

You have a problem with workers making a living wage? Why?
The spin from you people is making the Earth dizzy.
Spin is the result of a losing argument.
The proof is in the facts. Union membership is shrinking. Down to about 8% of all US workers.
So we'll ask the pro union people on here, "how's that working out for ya?"
"Picking on"....That's funny.

Yup, poor bosses being 'picked on' by the unions. One more serious recession, a new Democrat government and Congress, and you will find out what unionism means. Why can't you reason in your head that there are more workers than bosses, and if they vote as a group, the bosses are going to get screwed again? Can't you see that your behavior like before WWI and in the 20s and from 94 to 06 lately leads to, inevitably?

Oh please. Your side had Both Houses of Congress and the white House and union membership still continued it's downward trend.
How come you aren't inviting unions into your business?
Talk the talk. Walk the walk.

The next great recession or depression, munchkin mind, will sweep in the Democrats and a new wave of unionism that will make the old one look like open shop days. One of the results will be the complete unionization of public sector jobs. You think businesses are crying now, in this the best possible situation versus labor in 80 years? Munchkin minds, for sure. Most of us businessmen, unfortunately, are so close minded about being fair with the work force,
There you go with the " I have no rebuttal so I will hurl insults" routine. Shit.

According to Obama, we're on the road to economic recovery. Great recession. So which is it?

:eusa_whistle:

yes the 1%

Michael J. Sullivan, general president of the Sheet Metal Workers’ International Association
Salary: $1,043,023

Robert A. Scardelletti, international president of the Transportation Communications Union
Salary: $748,531

Newton B. Jones, president of the International Brotherhood of Boilermakers
Salary: $607,022

Terence M. O’Sullivan, general president of the Laborers’ International Union of North America
Salary: $589,124

John T. Niccollai, president of the United Food and Commercial Workers Union, Local 464A
Salary: $532,752

Gerald McEntee, international president of the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees
Salary: $512,369
Those pale in comparison to the salaries of CEOs.
The GOP must keep money in the hands of the very wealthy to further the plutocracy.

And don't you just love the fact that unions fight long and hard against ANY AND ALL rules and regulations that require diversity in their ranks.
Just this week the Internation Longshoremen defied the Port Authority in New York over this.
Entry level job there for carrying luggage for cruise ships is $60,000.00 a year plus benefits averaging $17,000.
$77,000 a year for a job that is worth maybe $10 an hour. Any dumbass can carry luggage.

Yes and I can only imagine the stupid inefficient work rules that may say "the porter can carry only two pieces of luggage at one time".
Then the bastards have the gall to expect a tip on top of their grossly overstuffed wages.

:eusa_whistle:

yes the 1%

Michael J. Sullivan, general president of the Sheet Metal Workers’ International Association
Salary: $1,043,023

Robert A. Scardelletti, international president of the Transportation Communications Union
Salary: $748,531

Newton B. Jones, president of the International Brotherhood of Boilermakers
Salary: $607,022

Terence M. O’Sullivan, general president of the Laborers’ International Union of North America
Salary: $589,124

John T. Niccollai, president of the United Food and Commercial Workers Union, Local 464A
Salary: $532,752

Gerald McEntee, international president of the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees
Salary: $512,369
Those pale in comparison to the salaries of CEOs.
The GOP must keep money in the hands of the very wealthy to further the plutocracy.
More spin and bullshit. These guys above are one percenters and you can't stand it.

CEO Pay: Highest Salaries Equal 3,489 Years For Typical Worker

CEO Pay: Highest Salaries Equal 3,489 Years For Typical Worker

WASHINGTON -- David Simon of Simon Property received a pay package worth more than $137 million for last year, and the typical CEO took home $9.6 million, according to an analysis by The Associated Press.

Here are some ways to think about just how much money those salaries represent.

Simon's $137 million is almost entirely in stock awards that could eventually be worth $132 million. The company said it wanted to make sure Simon wasn't lured to another company.

HOW LONG IT TAKES OTHERS TO MAKE THAT MUCH: A minimum wage worker – paid $7.25 per hour, as some workers at Simon malls are – would have to work one month shy of 9,096 years to make what Simon made last year. A person making the national median salary, $39,312 by AP calculations, would have to work 3,489 years.

BY THE HOUR: Assuming Simon worked a 60-hour week, his pay was $43,963.64 per hour, or $732.73 per minute. To put that in perspective, the minimum-wage worker would have to labor for nearly three years to make what Simon earns in an hour. The average U.S. worker makes slightly less in one year than Simon makes in an hour.

COMPARED WITH AMERICA'S CEO: Simon makes about 342 times the $400,000 annual salary of President Barack Obama. In fact, if you add the salaries of Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, the Cabinet, the Supreme Court justices, all the members of the Senate and House of Representatives and all 50 governors, it is less than $110 million, so Simon makes well more than government's top 600 leaders. In the past 100 years, U.S. taxpayers have paid a total of $80.6 million, adjusted for inflation, to presidents from Woodrow Wilson to Obama.

The median CEO salary of $9.587 million:

HOW LONG IT TAKES OTHERS TO MAKE THAT MUCH: A minimum wage worker would have to work 636 years to make that much. A person making the national average salary would have to work 244 years to make the median CEO salary.

BY THE HOUR: If you assume the CEO works a 60-hour week, the pay comes to $3,072.84 per hour, or $51.21 per minute. To put that in perspective, the minimum wage worker would have to labor more than 10 weeks to make what the median CEO earns in an hour. It would take the average U.S. worker nearly a month to make what the average CEO makes in an hour.

COMPARED WITH AMERICA'S CEO: The CEO who made the median salary took in 12 times the total $789,674 in gross income that President Obama reported last year. But it is less than half the $20.9 million in income that presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney reported in his tax filing.

The next great recession or depression, munchkin mind, will sweep in the Democrats and a new wave of unionism that will make the old one look like open shop days. One of the results will be the complete unionization of public sector jobs. You think businesses are crying now, in this the best possible situation versus labor in 80 years? Munchkin minds, for sure. Most of us businessmen, unfortunately, are so close minded about being fair with the work force,
There you go with the " I have no rebuttal so I will hurl insults" routine. Shit. According to Obama, we're on the road to economic recovery. Great recession. So which is it?

I clearly, cogently, competently answered your whining. I told you what is going to happen, which you know is true. The point is that you will not be fair to your workers. They have the votes, and they will throw your reps and sens out eventually and replace them with union friendly legislators.

You support Obama all you want, I am voting for Romney.

I will add fraud is rampant in ALL areas, not just with the unions.
But the unions ARE THE ONLY ones that back their employees up AFTER have been proven guilty of it.
Amazing. Teachers unions are one of the worse.
How can any ethical American ever support unions?

I will add fraud is rampant in ALL areas, not just with the unions.
But the unions ARE THE ONLY ones that back their employees up AFTER have been proven guilty of it.
Amazing. Teachers unions are one of the worse.
How can any ethical American ever support unions?

I think it depends on the union. I was part of the United Food and Commercial Workers Union when I worked on the kill floor of a meat-packing plant. There was one guy who was a total fuck-up. He didn't come into work half the time, and when he did, he did nothing but goof off. Management informed the union they were going to fire the guy, and the union said "fire away." They did nothing to stop the termination because everyone knew the guy deserved it. I have no problems with unions that are reasonable and flexible. The ones that are obstinate, confrontational and rigid are the ones I have problems with. Of course, I have problems with those kinds of companies too.

Forum List

Back