UNICEF insists on dealing with Israeli companies for its projects in Gaza

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
GAZA, (PIC)-- Jane Koch, representative of the UNICEF in the occupied Palestinian territories, insisted on accepting the tenders for Gaza projects offered by Israeli companies and threatened not to carry out these projects in the Gaza Strip if thy were boycotted by Palestinian contractors.

This came in her meeting Monday with head of the Palestinian contractors' union in Gaza Osama Kahil.

The two talked about the accusations made against the UNICEF office in the Strip about its acceptance of Israeli tenders for projects in Gaza and its refusal to deal with Palestinian companies.
The union had accused the UNICEF in Gaza of giving its bids for projects in Gaza to Israeli companies instead of Palestinian companies.

Kahil condemned this UNICEF attitude and affirmed that the Palestinian contractors' union would have to boycott its projects in response to its insistence on involving Israeli companies in them.

He demanded the federation of Arab contractors and the local institutions not to deal with these bids and projects and warned that any party that violates the boycott decision would be held accountable.

It's a tough one, but ultimately the contractor should be chosen on the basis of their bid, not their ethnicity.

I'd like to see international agencies be 'color blind' when choosing contractors.

I can imagine Israeli contractors may have better resources, and often better standards of acountability, than their Palestinian counterparts, but it should also be a basic element of any bid that it also provides jobs for local people.

GAZA, (PIC)-- Jane Koch, representative of the UNICEF in the occupied Palestinian territories, insisted on accepting the tenders for Gaza projects offered by Israeli companies and threatened not to carry out these projects in the Gaza Strip if thy were boycotted by Palestinian contractors.

This came in her meeting Monday with head of the Palestinian contractors' union in Gaza Osama Kahil.

The two talked about the accusations made against the UNICEF office in the Strip about its acceptance of Israeli tenders for projects in Gaza and its refusal to deal with Palestinian companies.
The union had accused the UNICEF in Gaza of giving its bids for projects in Gaza to Israeli companies instead of Palestinian companies.

Kahil condemned this UNICEF attitude and affirmed that the Palestinian contractors' union would have to boycott its projects in response to its insistence on involving Israeli companies in them.

He demanded the federation of Arab contractors and the local institutions not to deal with these bids and projects and warned that any party that violates the boycott decision would be held accountable.

Who wants to deal with terrorists? Nobody. Can't blame them.

images

Who wants to deal with terrorists? Nobody. Can't blame them.

People who choose a contractor based on skill, price and professional rather than the colour of their skin, perhaps.

How would Israel manage the project? Would Israelis go to Gaza? If Israel hires locals to manage then why is Israel necessary?

It doesn't makes any sense whatever to get Israel involved. It is no more than a stick in the eye of Palestinians.

Tinmore -

It could be that some Israelis contractors have better resources. That would make sense to me, because Israel is just so much wealthier than Gaza. They may have more sophisticated equipment and be better organized.

I have no problem with the UN using Israeli companies, but I would hope providing local jobs would also be a factor in the bidding process.

Tinmore -

It could be that some Israelis contractors have better resources. That would make sense to me, because Israel is just so much wealthier than Gaza. They may have more sophisticated equipment and be better organized.

I have no problem with the UN using Israeli companies, but I would hope providing local jobs would also be a factor in the bidding process.
Do you really think people have all this extra money to blow away, by dealing with a bunch of corrupt terrorist thieves? You are in La La Land.

Tinmore -

The Palestinians have resources and the funding is from UNICEF.

Would Israelis go to Gaza or would they just stay in Israel and suck money out of the project?

UNICEF would do much better to pull out of Gaza. It has no business there while it is being run by a terrorist organization.

Playing the terrorist card, I see.

You must not have anything relevant to post.

UNICEF would do much better to pull out of Gaza. It has no business there while it is being run by a terrorist organization.

Playing the terrorist card, I see.

You must not have anything relevant to post.

Well, Artevelde, I see you gave me a negative rep on this.

You must really be out of bullets.
Tinmore is here primarily to garner Pos Reps. From now on I will give him a Pos Rep every chance I get. Make him the highest ranking goat sucker this side of Yong Dong Po. Then he'll be as credible as Cynthia McKinney.

I don't understand neg repping people because you disagree with their position.

I neg rep people for spamming and refusing to back up points, but never just because I disagree with them.

Jane Koch, representative of the UNICEF in the occupied Palestinian territories, insisted on accepting the tenders for Gaza projects offered by Israeli companies and threatened not to carry out these projects in the Gaza Strip if thy were boycotted by Palestinian contractors.
Looks like the good lady is well aware of the thieving habits and ways of the occupational palistanian territories.

Forum List

Back