Unfortunately, Americans are "last minute" voters

R

rdean

I thought Mitt Romney would be creamed at the last election considering what he ran on.

But then, during the first debate, Romney reversed his position on literally every position. You could see Obama, the man who took apart the GOP when invited to their Republican Retreat, looking extremely surprised. Again and again, Obama said, "But that's not what you are running on". Remember Romney's famous fewer Police, Firemen and Teachers and then at the debate, it was about hiring more, get this, "Police, Firemen and Teachers"?

And the pundits afterwards? Romney is tracking towards the middle now he has the right wing sewn up? Huh? So what did he actually believe? What he was running on or all his reversed positions?

Personally, I thought, this is never going to work. Imagine my surprise, Romney was suddenly a "contender".

Then I realized, America is only now tuning in. All they know about Romney is what they heard in that speech. Romney wasn't tracking towards the center. He was outright lying. But who was he lying to? His base or the rest of America during the debates? We'll never know.

And then during the midterms, suddenly, it was about Ebola, Isis and diseased scared and terrified refugee children fleeing danger. Not about jobs or oil or the deficit or healthcare. No, it was all about things that will never impact our lives. We know Ebola isn't going to go crazy in this country because it hasn't yet. We know Isis is 12 thousand miles away. We know in our hearts those children need help.

In fact, I wondered if people stayed home because they thought they might get Ebola. In the last 40 years, has there been anyone better at terrorizing Americans than Republicans.

Fortunately, for Republicans, their terror and fear campaign peaked just before the elections. What if the elections had been a few weeks later, giving time for America to understand that there will be no Isis in their backyards and no one in their family is going to get Ebola?

And that's the problem with a country of "last minute voters". People having no idea of the issues and what people are talking about until the week before the election.

Instead of it being an election about jobs and deficit and health care and education and getting us out of the Middle East and all the other things American SHOULD be interested in, it was about things that will never affect us. That's called a missed opportunity.

I thought Mitt Romney would be creamed at the last election considering what he ran on.

But then, during the first debate, Romney reversed his position on literally every position. You could see Obama, the man who took apart the GOP when invited to their Republican Retreat, looking extremely surprised. Again and again, Obama said, "But that's not what you are running on". Remember Romney's famous fewer Police, Firemen and Teachers and then at the debate, it was about hiring more, get this, "Police, Firemen and Teachers"?

And the pundits afterwards? Romney is tracking towards the middle now he has the right wing sewn up? Huh? So what did he actually believe? What he was running on or all his reversed positions?

Personally, I thought, this is never going to work. Imagine my surprise, Romney was suddenly a "contender".

Then I realized, America is only now tuning in. All they know about Romney is what they heard in that speech. Romney wasn't tracking towards the center. He was outright lying. But who was he lying to? His base or the rest of America during the debates? We'll never know.

And then during the midterms, suddenly, it was about Ebola, Isis and diseased scared and terrified refugee children fleeing danger. Not about jobs or oil or the deficit or healthcare. No, it was all about things that will never impact our lives. We know Ebola isn't going to go crazy in this country because it hasn't yet. We know Isis is 12 thousand miles away. We know in our hearts those children need help.

In fact, I wondered if people stayed home because they thought they might get Ebola. In the last 40 years, has there been anyone better at terrorizing Americans than Republicans.

Fortunately, for Republicans, their terror and fear campaign peaked just before the elections. What if the elections had been a few weeks later, giving time for America to understand that there will be no Isis in their backyards and no one in their family is going to get Ebola?

And that's the problem with a country of "last minute voters". People having no idea of the issues and what people are talking about until the week before the election.

Instead of it being an election about jobs and deficit and health care and education and getting us out of the Middle East and all the other things American SHOULD be interested in, it was about things that will never affect us. That's called a missed opportunity.

Lying?
Democrats!
Never? lol

Obama
Gruber

I think the midterms were, among other things, about this...

girl.jpg

And this...

food-2.jpg

And...

:slap:

That's because Americans are fundamentally conservative.

They don't want government to form a significant part of their lives, and they don't pay much attention to it.

That's because Americans are fundamentally conservative.

They don't want government to form a significant part of their lives, and they don't pay much attention to it.

Except when the election is just a few days away. Then they glance through the candidates, pick out a few names they know, think back to the last few ads they remember, and check those names off. And that's about it for them.

Because real life is much more important to them than politics or government.

It's unfortunate, because that enables disingenuous and clever liberals to advertise loudly as "conservatives" when they aren't, and make a few emotional appeals ("my programs are for the children", "the other guy will throw Granny off the cliff and poison the air" etc.) that sound good to people who don't pay much attention to details. A number of people pick them without looking closely into what it would take to implement their programs, and what the real-world results will actually be.

Only when those treacherous liberals get elected and start governing against what they had advertised, and the actual results of their programs become apparent, do the American people start noticing. Things are not going the way the liberals promised, and government is taking over more and more parts of their lives that they don't want it to,, and charging them higher and higher taxes for the privilege. And the American people turf the liberals out of office in large numbers (see 2010 and 2014).

Yes, they are "last-minute" voters. To their eventual sorrow.

Americans can be counted on to do the right thing...after they have exhausted all the other possibilities.

-Winston Churchill

That's all they have is fear & faux news to tell them how to act & what to say ! I live in Arkansas & these stupid ass backward fucks buy into every damn thing they feed them , I actully fired a guy for swearing up & down that Obama was a Muslim because Faux told him so ..all you have to say is God & Guns & these stupid fucks will run through a brick wall for you . I swear every time I hear rush say low information voter . He is laughing his ass off at his own base and they lap that shit up mmmmmm mmmmmmmm

Americans can be counted on to do the right thing...after they have exhausted all the other possibilities.

-Winston Churchill
Nazis would have hanged or shot Churchill without us.

He is lucky Hitler was insane and declared war on us, and that Japan attacked us instead of Russia

Gruber called you stupid Rdean and that doesn't seem to bother you.

Gruber said that the success of the passage of the law depended on the stupidity of the American voter. Obama, Reid, and Pelosi sited Gruber's position as justification for passage of the law. Conservatives did not vote in favor of those who supported the law.

Bottom Line: Gruber depended on what he called the stupidity of the American voter.

Which side were you on?

Gruber said that the success of the passage of the law depended on the stupidity of the American voter. Obama, Reid, and Pelosi sited Gruber's position as justification for passage of the law. Conservatives did not vote in favor of those who supported the law.

Bottom Line: Gruber depended on what he called the stupidity of the American voter.

Which side were you on?
Gruber was talking about obamacare who else was he calling stupid but those who support obamacare? After all he said because if the government had been transparent about obamacare it never would have passed. Most assuredly he was talking about none other than those who support obamacare.

Or as Obama admits dems are just low info voters....Oct 4, 2014 - “Most of our Democrat voters aren't aware there's even an election on November 4,”

Which side were you on?
No, he said it depended on the stupidity of Democrats in Congress and Democrat voters.

Leave the people who did not fall for Obama or Democrats out of it.

Or as Obama admits dems are just low info voters....Oct 4, 2014 - “Most of our Democrat voters aren't aware there's even an election on November 4,”
However they were very much aware of the fact that obama said his policies were on the ballot. The low democrat turnout and the big ass wave sums it all up.

Forum List

Back