Unfit For Duty

Yeah, lots of people escaped the draft - I don't judge Mittens or Barry in this regard. If you look hard enough, you'll find a loop-hole somewhere.

no, just hypocritical

it's how he rolls

You're the only one demonstrating hypocracy, your dear leader has yet to put on a uniform. You got a different standard for him?

first, he's not my dear leader.

second, he's not the one who supported the war in nam until it was his turn to put up or shut up.

'It was not my desire to go off and serve in Vietnam.'

'I longed in many respects to actually be in Vietnam and be representing our country there.'

that would be mitt. as in five draft deferments and a trip to paris which he considers serving his country.

third, it's spelled hypocrisy, boob.

you're better off keeping your mouth shut when you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. :thup:

have a nice day

Great advice, and unheeded one might come off sounding like you.

When the election is over will Romney's five sons still be considered as serving?

Unfit - yea, that's why 66% of the military vote is going to Romney.

500 Admirals backing Romney.

Obama - not so popular with our troops. So, I guess I gotta ask... why do the left hate our military?

Even though some of the have been dead for a while.:badgrin:

they've been baptized as mormons, so it's cool

I wonder how many of the Generals and Admirals that signed on to the ad were "commanders on the ground" that Bush listened to?

Many of these guys are the same guys that took the strongest most well equipped, expensive military in the world and bogged it down in the virtually unarmed third world country of Iraq. Instead of signing on to endorsing political candidates, they ought to be burying their faces in their hands with embarrassment and shame -- and I wonder how many of these Generals and Admirals have thought about, while they were slogging through the muck of a Vietnamese rice paddy, Romney was in the South of France, living in a villa, dining on delicately prepared frog legs?

Yeah, lots of people escaped the draft - I don't judge Mittens or Barry in this regard. If you look hard enough, you'll find a loop-hole somewhere.

The Draft was not happening when the President turned 18. He was required to sign up for it (Selective Services?).

Obama - not so popular with our troops. So, I guess I gotta ask... why do the left hate our military?

And yet-----and yet,

"President Barack Obama has received almost twice as much in campaign contributions from U.S. military and Defense Department personnel as his Republican challenger Mitt Romney, despite Romney’s promises to boost defense spending and his criticism of military cuts set to take place in January."

and

"According to data from the Center for Responsive Politics, Obama has raised $678,611 from defense personnel both civilian and uniformed employees, while Romney has raised just $398,450.
Employees at the U.S. Department of Defense gave the most to Obama, doling out roughly $175,000. Soldiers and sailors came in next, giving $165,646 and $86,656 respectively."

plus

"While our updated story from yesterday shows that Obama continues to receive more contributions from the military than Romney, the candidates are virtually deadlocked when it comes to contributions from the defense sector, according to Center for Responsive Politics data. The defense sector includes defense aerospace, defense electronics and other miscellaneous defense companies. Since April 2011, Obama has received $880,000 to Romney's $829,000 from donors linked to these corporations.

Last month proved to be no different, with Obama raising $199,000 and Romney raising $193,000 from the sector. While defense isn't one of the top contributors, it still manages to make a dent in the fundraising race."

And yet-----and yet,

"President Barack Obama has received almost twice as much in campaign contributions from U.S. military and Defense Department personnel as his Republican challenger Mitt Romney, despite Romney’s promises to boost defense spending and his criticism of military cuts set to take place in January."

and

"According to data from the Center for Responsive Politics, Obama has raised $678,611 from defense personnel both civilian and uniformed employees, while Romney has raised just $398,450.
Employees at the U.S. Department of Defense gave the most to Obama, doling out roughly $175,000. Soldiers and sailors came in next, giving $165,646 and $86,656 respectively."

plus

"While our updated story from yesterday shows that Obama continues to receive more contributions from the military than Romney, the candidates are virtually deadlocked when it comes to contributions from the defense sector, according to Center for Responsive Politics data. The defense sector includes defense aerospace, defense electronics and other miscellaneous defense companies. Since April 2011, Obama has received $880,000 to Romney's $829,000 from donors linked to these corporations.

Last month proved to be no different, with Obama raising $199,000 and Romney raising $193,000 from the sector. While defense isn't one of the top contributors, it still manages to make a dent in the fundraising race."

And in addition-----and in addition CAgirl, when push came to voting, in the defense/military heavy state of Virginia...

Romney and George Allen lost in military-heavy Virginia after making criticism of defense cuts big parts of their campaigns.

The Republican push to win Virginia by campaigning hard against defense cuts did not pay dividends on election night.

Both Mitt Romney and former Sen. George Allen (R-Va.) lost in Virginia Tuesday in toss-up races, after making looming defense cuts a big part of their campaigns in the military-heavy state.

Forum List

Back